The reader’s rapid interpretation of EKG’s 6th Edition PDF assimilation of medical concepts is the key to the continuing success of this best-selling book. A caption explains the concept illustrated on each page, and a few simple sentences reinforce the concept with interactive (programmed) learning, which links to the following page. Dr Dubin’s light and entertaining style, known world-wide, makes learning enjoyable. Practice twelve-lead tracings at the end establish self-confidence, and summarised reference sheets with examples (designed to be copied) provide an excellent review.
Description of Rapid Interpretation of EKG’s 6th Edition PDF.
This book for the subject of reading and understanding the Electrocardiogram is one of the most easiest books a medical student can get their hands on. It has all the information a medical student needs to know to understand any EKG reading they are handed by the examiner. Interpreting EKG is not so hard but no course book has defined it in clear words thus this book has done it for you to understand in better words. Download must.
Recommended Books For You
Dale Dubin, M.D. (b. 1940), is an American plastic surgeon and author of several cardiology textbooks. In addition to his medical work, Dubin was for a time an avid hibiscus grower; a variety (“Dragon’s Breath”) he developed won Hibiscus of the Year in 1999. He has also been a collector of gemstones, and in 1972 he created what was then the world’s largest gem, the “Brazilian Princess” topaz valued at $1 million, by repeated radiation treatments of a 9.5-pound topaz that he had purchased for $600. The stone now resides in the American Museum of Natural History.
Dubin practiced medicine in Tampa, Florida, and gained fame within the medical community with the 1972 publication of Rapid Interpretation of EKG’s, a best-selling textbook suited for medical students and junior residents. In it, Dubin adopts a simplistic fill-in-the-blank style to teach the basics of reading electrocardiograms. In the fiftieth printing of the book, he hid within the copyright notice an offer to give his prized 1965 Ford Thunderbird to anyone who actually read the message and responded. Out of 60,000 copies in that printing, only 5 readers noticed and responded, and Dubin’s own daughter delivered the car to the winner (selected by a random drawing). Dubin also wrote Adventure in the Heartland: Exploring the Heart’s Ionic-Molecular Microcosm and Understanding Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation.
- If you are reading this review you already know that this is the gold standard of ECG texts for many reasons. I won’t rehash what many other talented reviewers have written, so if you want details on the content of the book check out some of the other reviews. You may or may not know that the content of this excellent book is updated with each printing to ensure clinical relevancy.I am writing this review to address one question that I was unable to find an answer to prior to purchasing: will buying this book get you the most current revision of the most current edition (6th)? The answer appears to be yes. I purchased this book new from directly and received a copy from the December 2016 printing of the 6th Edition (current edition). As far as I know this is the most recent printing. I’m sure the changes are small but it’s nice to know you are getting what you pay for when buying new. Photos attached.
I hope this is helpful. As you can see it appears to go through 2-3 printings per year so we are probably due for a new version soon. Whether it will make a different is anyone’s guess, I just wanted to make sure my copy would reflect the major 2015 AHA updates and it appears that this does.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Rapid Interpretation of EKG’s 6th Edition PDF.
- 1: Basic Principles…..1
- 2: Recording the EKG…..31
- 3: Autonomic Nervous System…..55
- 4: Rate…..65
- 5: Rhythm, Part I: Arrhythmias of Focal Origin…..97
- 6: Rhythm, Part II: Blocks…..173
- 7: Axis…..203
- 8: Hypertrophy…..243
- 9: Infarction (includes Hemiblock)…..259
- 10: Miscellaneous…..309
Dimensions and Characters
- 368 Pages
- File Size: 45 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- EKG Books
Download Button for Rapid Interpretation of EKG’s 6th Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for the Rapid Interpretation of EKG’s 6th Edition PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.