Echocardiography remains the most commonly used imaging technique to visualize the heart and great vessels, and this clinically oriented text by Drs. Scott D. Solomon, Justina C. Wu, and Linda D. Gillam helps you make the most of its diagnostic and prognostic potential for your patients. Part of the highly regarded Braunwald’s family of cardiology references, Braunwald’s Essential Echocardiography PDF expertly covers basic principles of anatomy and physiology, the appearance of normal variants across a wide range of cardiovascular diseases, and the hands-on approaches necessary to acquire and interpret optimal echocardiographic images in the clinical setting.
- Abundant illustrations provide a superb visual learning experience both in print and online. Images convey clear, classic examples that represent decades of experience over multiple institutions, as well as recent advances in the field.
- More than 485 accompanying video clips mirror the images in the text, with easy-to-follow links from the figure citation to the video online.
- Each section includes one or two clinical cases that illustrate key concepts.
- Written by expert echocardiographers and sonographers who emphasize practical applications throughout the text, and superbly illustrated by physician-artist Dr. Bernard Bulwer.
- Ideal for anyone currently using or learning to use echocardiography, including cardiologists, cardiology fellows, sonographers, anesthesiologists, critical care physicians, emergency physicians, radiologists, residents, and medical students.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Description of Braunwald’s Essential Echocardiography PDF
This book for the subject of Echocardiography is one of the best medical books available for students worldwide to look upto for their echo studies in the ward or at home. It is the best source of study for all exams that check the ecg readings of a patient by testing the student. Download now.
Scott D. Solomon, MD is The Edward D. Frohlich Distinguished Chair, Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Director of Noninvasive Cardiology and Senior Physician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He directs the Cardiac Imaging Core Laboratory and the Clinical Trials Endpoints Center at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He received his A.B. from Williams College and his M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Solomon’s research interests have focused on changes in ventricular structure and function following myocardial injury, modifiers of risk and influences of outcome in patients following myocardial infarction and with chronic heart failure, cardiovascular safety of non-cardiovascular therapies, factors that influence the transition from hypertension to heart failure, and heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. He has pioneered the use of cardiac imaging in cardiovascular drug and device development and use of imaging in clinical trials. He and his research group have played a leading role in many international clinical trials in heart failure, hypertension and myocardial infarction, including the SAVE, HEART, VALIANT, CHARM, PEACE, OVERTURE, MADITCRT, ALOFT, ALLAY, TREAT, RED-HF, ALTITUDE, FREEDOM, TOPCAT trials. He led the NIH-sponsored Celecoxib Cross-trials Safety Study which directly informed regulatory agencies about the safety of widely used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents. He directs the Cardiac Imaging Center for the NHLBI Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study and Hispanic Community Health Study – Study of Latinos (HCHS-SOL), the two largest NIH cohort studies. Dr. Solomon has recently studied the role for angiotensin receptor neprilysin inhibition in heart failure. He served as member of the executive committee for the PARADIGM-HF trial, led the first successful Phase II trial in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction and is currently leading the ongoing PARAGON-HF outcomes trial in HFpEF. He is PI for the NHLBI funded INVESTED trial studying influenza vaccine to reduce cardiovascular events.
Table of Contents of Braunwald’s Essential Echocardiography PDF
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Braunwald’s Essential Echocardiography PDF ebook.
Section 1: Principles of Ultrasound and Instrumentation
1. Physical Principles of Ultrasound and Generation of Images
2. M-Mode Imaging
3. Principles of Contrast Echocardiography
4. Principles of Transesophageal Echocardiography
5. Principles of 3-Dimensional Ultrasound
6. Principles and Practical Aspects of Strain Echocardiography
7. Understanding Imaging Artifacts
Section 2: The Echocardiographic Examination
8. Principles of Transthoracic Imaging Acquisition: The Standard Adult Transthoracic Echocardiographic Examination
9. The Transthoracic Examination, View By View
10. Three-Dimensional Echocardiography: Image Acquisition
11. Optimization of the Patient and Equipment
12. Utilizing Contrast Echocardiography in Practice
13. Echo On-Call: Echocardiographic Emergencies
Section 3: Assessment of Cardiac Structure and Function
14. Assessment of Left Ventricular Systolic Function
15. Left Ventricular Diastolic Function
16. Assessment of Right Ventricular Structure and Function
17. Assessment of the Atria
Section 4: Echocardiography for Diseases of the Myocardium
18. Acute Myocardial Infarction
19. Mechanical Complications of Myocardial Infarction
20. Long-Term Consequences and Prognosis after Myocardial Infarction
21. Echocardiography in Heart Failure
22. Dilated Cardiomyopathies
23. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
24. Restrictive and Infiltrative Cardiomyopathies
25. Echocardiography in Assessment of Cardiac Synchrony
26. Echocardiography in Assessment of Ventricular Assist Devices
27. Stress Echocardiography and Echo in Cardiopulmonary Testing
Section 5: Valvular Heart Disease
28. Mitral Valve Disease
29. Aortic Valve Disease
30. Tricuspid and Pulmonic Valve Disease
31. Prosthetic Valves
32. Echocardiography in Percutaneous Valvular Intervention
Section 6: Diseases of the Pericardium and Great Vessels
33. Pericardial Disease
34. Diseases of the Aorta
Section 7: Diseases of the Pulmonary Artery and Veins
35. Pulmonary Embolism
36. Pulmonary Hypertension
Section 8: Cardiac Masses
37. Primary and Secondary Tumors
38. Identification of Intracardiac Thrombus
39. Other Cardiac Masses
Section 9: Systemic Diseases Involving the Heart
40. Echocardiography in Infective Endocarditis
41. Other Systemic Diseases and the Heart
42. Echocardiography in Malignant Disease
Section 10: Congenital Heart Disease in the Adult
43. Atrial Septal Defect
44. Ventricular Septal Defect
45. Other Common Congenital Defects in Adults
Section 11: Miscellaneous Topics in Echocardiography
46. Handheld Echocardiography
47. Appropriate Use of Echocardiography
48. Echocardiography in the Context of Other Cardiac Imaging Modalities
49. Transesophageal Echocardiography for Cardiac Surgery
Appendix A: Reference Tables
Appendix B: Commonly Utilized Equations in Echocardiography
Dimensions and Characters
- 432 Pages
- File Size: 44 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Essential Echocardiography: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease PDF
Download Button for Braunwald’s Essential Echocardiography PDF
Shown below is a white download button for Braunwald’s Essential Echocardiography PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download now.
Recommended Books For You
Braunwald’s Heart Disease 11th Edition
Braunwald’s Heart Disease Assessment and Review
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.