Cardiovascular disease remains the major cause of morbidity and mortality throughout developed countries and is also rapidly increasing in developing countries. Cardiovascular medicine and the specialty of cardiology continue to expand, and the remit of the cardiologist is forever broader with the development of new sub-specialties. The Oxford Handbook of Cardiology PDF provides a comprehensive but concise guide to all modern cardiological practice with an emphasis on practical clinical management in many different contexts. This second edition addresses all the key advances made in the field since the previous edition, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and pharmacology. It expands the remit to medical students and the more junior doctor while retaining the level of detail required by more senior practitioners within the field.
- Provides rapid access to essential clinical information for use on the wards and in the clinic
- Includes specialist sections on common diagnostic tests, management of cardiac problems in pregnancy, and cardiology in developing countries
- Assists readers in unfamiliar territory and is the perfect aide-memoire for the basics
- App available from the App Store, Google Play, and MedHand Bookstore.
New to this Edition:
- Addresses all the recent key advances in the fields of interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and pharmacology
- Now more relevant to medical students and junior doctors, but still retains the level of detail required by more senior practitioners within the field
- Features a major new chapter on drugs for the heart, and includes specific sections on hypertension management and hyperlipidaemia management
Recommended Books For You
Description of The Oxford Handbook of Cardiology PDF 2nd Edition
The Oxford Handbook of Cardiology PDF 2nd Edition is the latest addition to the Oxford Handbook series regarding the subject of cardiology. This book not only illustrates the major topics and diseases related to the subject of cardiology but also focuses more entirely on the conditions associated with the heart and their pathogenesis. Download this book free here.
Dr. Punit Ramrakha graduated with a 1st Class Hons. from Cambridge (MA) and Oxford University (BMBCh). He trained in General Medicine at Hammersmith Hospital, Royal Brompton Hospital, St Thomas’s Hospital and National Hospital Queen Square in London, before undertaking his cardiology training as a Registrar at the Hammersmith Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital and St Mary’s Hospital, London. He did a PhD at Imperial College London and was appointed as Consultant Cardiologist in 2002, working between Hammersmith Hospital and Buckinghamshire Hospitals NHS Trust. He has been the Clinical Director for Medicine at Stoke Mandeville, the Lead for Cardiology in the Trust and is currently the Clinical Lead for Heart Failure.
- Arrived with damage to the spine but as the books are covered in hard plastic it probably happened when posted through door. Anyway didn’t buy book for its looks, very informative for both junior doctors and nurses alike.
Very useful in my job where I help prepare patients about to undergo cardiac surgery as I am better informed regarding the disease processes (all broken down into relevant chapters eg valvular disease, CAD, and GUCH)
And the relevant investigations and follow,up prior to surgical referral
Outstanding and comprehensive overview of cardiology. They have taken out the substantive summaries of clinicsl trials from this edition which is a shame, but it still remains the best handbook cardiology text on the market.
Table of Contents
Oxford Handbook of Cardiology PDF 2nd Edition includes the Following Units:
1: Cardiac diagnosis
2: Drugs for the heart
3: Valvular heart disease and endocarditis
4: Coronary artery disease
5: Interventional cardiology
6: Heart failure
7: Heart muscle diseases
8: Pericardial diseases
10: Invasive electrocardiography
11: Congenital heart disease
12: Multisystem disorders
13: Cardiology in developing countries
14: Heart disease in pregnancy
15: Major trials in cardiology
16: Eponymous syndromes
17: Practical procedures
18: Cardiovascular emergencies
Dimensions and Characters of Oxford Handbook of Cardiology PDF 2nd Edition
- 880 Pages
- File Size: 5.43 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Oxford Handbook Series
Download Link for The Oxford Handbook of Cardiology PDF 2nd Edition
Below is a Download Link for the Oxford Handbook of Cardiology PDF 2nd Edition. Click it to start your free Download
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.