Covering each of the fourteen core medical specialties, the tenth edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties PDF is the must-have reference guide to each of the specialties you will encounter through your medical school and Foundation Programme rotations. Now updated with the latest guidelines, and developed by a new and trusted author team who have contemporary experience of life on the wards, this unique resource presents the content in a concise and logical way, giving clear advice on clinical management and offering insight into holistic care.
Packed full of high-quality illustrations, boxes, tables, and classifications, this handbook is ideal for use at direct point of care, whether on the ward or in the community, and for study and revision. Each chapter is easy to read and filled with digestible information, with features including ribbons to mark your most-used pages and mnemonics to help you memorize and retain key facts, while quotes from patients help the reader understand each problem better, enhancing the doctor/patient relationship. With reassuring and friendly advice throughout, this is the ultimate guide for every medical student and junior doctor for each clinical placement, and as a revision tool. This tenth edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties remains the perfect companion to the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, together encompassing the entire spectrum of clinical medicine and helping you to become the doctor you want to be.
- The perfect companion to the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine
- The only book you need as a concise reference to the core clinical specialties
- Over 400 colour diagrams, tables, and photographs to aid your diagnosis
- quotes and questions improve understanding of illness and issues from the patient’s perspective
- Clear, logical focus on presentation, diagnosis, and management of conditions makes this an indispensable guide on the ward, or as a revision tool
New to this Edition:
- Four new authors have been brought on board to ensure that the information and management is in line with current practice
- Each chapter has been reviewed by a specialist in the field to ensure clinical accuracy
- Brand new photographs, illustrations, and anatomical diagrams have been added to this edition
- All chapters have been authored and reviewed by doctors actively working within the clinical specialities
Recommended Books For You
Description of The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties PDF 10th Edition
The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties 10th edition is the latest addition to the oxford series in the subject of clinical specialties. This book not only describes the importance of all the clinical specialties in the field of medicine but also puts forward their advantages and disadvantages for medical practitioners in the near future. Download it for free Now
- Andrew Baldwin is a GP working in Sussex, UK.
- Nina Hjelde is an ACCS CT2 trainee in Manchester, UK.
- Charlotte Goumalatsou is an ST5 Obstetrics and Gynaecology trainee working in London and the South East of England, UK.
- Gil Myers is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist working in North London, UK.
Review from previous edition: “This new edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialities may appear small in size but don’t underestimate it. … [This] is an essential component of any medical student’s bookshelf and will be very useful in guiding you through the main clinical
–Northwing Magazine, University of Sheffield, UK, November 2013
“Applying humanism as the basis of delivering medical care, the reward for the physician and proven healing effect for the patient becomes evident. I found this focus delightful and worthy of every physician’s consideration… They consistently encourage sympathy and compassion in the many
types of patient interactions primary care providers will face and the reward this brings in a career that encompasses patient care from conception to end of life. The authors mine their experience for rich, authoritative insights into these many aspects of medicine.”
–Doody’s Notes, April 2013
“Although there are several good pocket-sized medical references, I have not seen one that has the detail and easy format for quick reference as this one does. It includes thoughtful tools and an invitation for feedback from the authors. What I find most appealing is the unique emphasis on the
human aspects of practicing medicine that is evident throughout, which is blended well with the more frequently taught technical, knowledge-based information. The authors succeed in their goal of emphasizing connection and compassion as a means to delivering more effective patient care as well as
supporting and enhancing the physician’s reason for choosing this career. If you are looking for a quick reference medical book, you will not be disappointed. The focus on the perspective of compassionate humans caring for people in need is a particularly useful bonus.”
–Doody’s Notes, April 2013
- Amazing book! Similar to the handbook for clinical medicine with all the info for other clerkships and it is an easy read too. Would highly recommend
- A must for any practicing Dr.
Table of Contents
The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties PDF 10th Edition includes the following units:
6: Primary care
7: Ear, nose, and throat
10: Eponymous syndromes
13: Emergency medicine
14: Pre-hospital care
Dimensions and Characters of Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties PDF 10th Edition
- 848 Pages
- File Size: 9.7 Mbs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Oxford Handbook Series
Download Link for The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties PDF 10th Edition
Below is a Download Link for the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties PDF 10th Edition File. Click it to start your free download
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.