Features of Medicare For Dummies PDF
Medicare brings valuable benefits to more than 58 million people and growing, but most of us don’t even know the basics of how Medicare can work best for us. That’s where Medicare For Dummies, 4th Edition comes in, explaining how this complex system functions and helping you confidently navigate your way through the maze to get the most out of your coverage. Medicare For Dummies PDF
This indispensable resource untangles Medicare in friendly, straightforward language. Step by step, you’ll learn when and how to enroll, ways to avoid costly mistakes, and how to find the plan that brings the most benefit to you and your family.
- Reduce out-of-pocket expenses
- Know your rights and protections
- Choose the best policy for you
Using this reassuring and comprehensive guide, you’ll be able to get the answers to all your questions, find guidance on how to act—and then get on with getting the benefits you need.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Medicare For Dummies PDF
The most featured and reviewed on book Medicare For Dummies PDF is available for grabs now here on our website for free. It has been boasted and proven with thousands of user reviews that it has all the information to make you one of the highly qualified professionals in the world of medicine and its branches. Without a doubt a masterpiece for those who aspire to be doctors or heal those they find in ailment. It is a must read again and again for everyone that can get their hands on this limited edition book.
Patricia Barry is a recognized authority on Medicare who has written extensively about the program for consumers. For nearly two decades, as a senior editor of AARP’s publications, she wrote hundreds of articles on Medicare and served as the online “Ask Ms. Medicare” columnist, answering thousands of questions sent by Medicare beneficiaries across the nation
Dimensions and Characteristics of Medicare For Dummies PDF
- Publisher : For Dummies; 4th edition (October 2, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 448 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 1119689937
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-1119689935
- Item Weight : 1.26 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.38 x 1.01 x 9.25 inches
November 5, 2021
1) more comprehensive/thorough information is on US govt.’s Medicare.gov website, available for free. this book copies Medicare.gov with no new information added.
2) Excessive Promotion of For Profit Private Insurance (i.e. Part D drug insurance and Part C supplemental insurance incl. Medigap or Medicare Advantage). the author went full throttle promoting for profit insurance as an end all solution instead she should show historical data to prove whether supplemental insurance really reduces out of pocket expenses. the book fails to reveal majority of medicare recipients never use the benefits provided by supplemental insurance. data from non partisan Center for Medicare and Medicaid shows, to realize the benefits of supplemental insurance, one needs to do 6 heart surgeries PER YEAR. guess how many Medicare recipients do 6 heart surgeries per year? for most, the “Original Medicare Part B” already covers all your needs and the dollar amount of the 20% copay would be significantly lower than the monthly supplemental insurance premium$.
3) BIG ELEPHANT in the room. the big FAILURE of this book is not educating the readers about Medicare Billing (or Medicare Approved Billing). e.g. let’s say you did a surgery and the surgeon billed you $1 million. but this is NOT the real billing because Medicare is NOT going to pay 80% of $1 million. instead Medicare would approve $10,000 which is the Medicare Approved Billing. under Part B, Medicare pays 80% of this Approved Billing: $10,000 = $8,000 to the surgeon. the patient (you) is responsible for the remaining 20% of this Medical Approved Bill, which is $2,000. REPEAT! you are NOT going to pay 20% of $1 million, but only the 20% of $10,000, which is $2,000. but most people do not know that, they believe the doctor’s billing is the real billing so they believe they could not afford the 20% and need Supplement Insurance to cover. NOT true, if insurance companies really did that, how they pay their million$ CEOs and marketing executives? if you purchased Medigap/Medicare Advantage to cover our surgery, Medigap will pay the 20% of Medicare Billing, which is $2,000. but Medigap insurance premium$ can easily cost more than the 20% copay. so the math doesn’t work! what if in rare occasions, your doctor does not accept Medicare patient? by law, even doctors not accepting Medicare patient are restricted by federal law to charge only 15% above the Medicare Approved Billing. in our $1 million surgery, the surgeon could only charge 15% above of the Medicare Billing $10,000, which is $11,500. Medicare still pays the $8,000 and you pay the difference, $3,500. yet, this book never provides this very important information. All these are available on Medicare.Gov.
conclusion: Medicare For Dummies sure makes us more “Dummy”. go to the federal government’s Medicare.gov website or call the federal Medicare hotline to speak to a federal Medicare agent. that’s more reliable, comprehensive, trustworthy.
November 11, 2020
February 27, 2021
It’s probably not a good idea to read it from cover to cover because there’s just too much information — that’s the nature of Medicare. Better to pick it up and put it down and absorb the information piecemeal.
Download Link 1
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.