Features of Make Your Art No Matter What PDF
• EXPERT ADVICE: Beth Pickens is an experienced and passionate arts advocate with extensive insight into working through creative obstacles. She has spent the last decade advising artists on everything from financial strategy to coping with grief.
• PRACTICAL AND POSITIVE: This book is both a love letter to art and artists and a hands-on guide to approaching the thorniest problems those artists might face. Pickens offers a warm reminder that you are not alone, that what you do matters, and that someone out there wants you to succeed.
• TIMELESS TOPIC: Like a trusted advisor, this book is an invaluable resource jam-packed with strategies for building a successful creative practice. From mixing business and friendship to marketing yourself on social media, this book can help. And it will—again and again.
• Visual artists and makers
• Writers, musicians, filmmakers, and other creatives
• Art and design school graduates and grad-gift givers
Recommended Books For You
Description of Make Your Art No Matter What PDF
As difficult as innovation is today. “Book name pdf” is a text that is present in the form of inspiration that will broaden the minds beyond what an artist or photographer can see. This is one of the masterpieces that is recommended by all the great artists to be changing their visualization of the world of today. In the minds of someone that truly appreciates what this text has to offer lies the secret of changing the way everyone lives in this world. Art is the most influential subject of todays world and at all times has it been the foundation stone for change in this universe we live in. A must read and learn for all artist and especially photographers.
Dimensions and Characteristics of Make Your Art No Matter What PDF
- Identification Number : B08SJ9RN2Q
- Publisher : Chronicle Books LLC (April 6, 2021)
- Publication date : April 6, 2021
- Language : English
- File size : 2557 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 208 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #14,272 in Kindle Store
True inspiration, not the same old advice
April 19, 2021
There are innumerable (almost) books out there for artists, many of which repeat each other. I own about half of them and actually was pleasantly surprised by this book. Creative block is a huge problem for most artists at least at some point, and the advice given in many of these books boils down to: find your muse, set a working schedule, create your niche. These suggestions do have their place, but often the ability to move ahead with one’s art has more of the feel of an existential crisis that resists simple solutions. So, imagine my surprise when I opened Ms. Pickens’ book and found a treasure chest of valuable wisdom for people like me. The chapters present actually useful considerations on issues like “time” and “work”, yes, but also on less obvious challenges such as grief and other people. The author is a practicing therapist who has been through the wars with artists who are locked in the tortuous and torturous pathways-cum-dead-ends that live and multiple in their minds. They (we) can play endless dialogue games about what keeps them from picking up the paint brush or sitting down at the computer or continuing to map out that dance routine. We know the problem and “solutions” but between Point A and Point B we somehow slide off the edge of the earth and land on shame, fear, or other catastrophic continents. (Do any of the metaphors in this review help?) Ms. Pickens has new insights into all of this, is empathetic, and – wait for it – creative. I heartily recommend this book as a prescription for what ails the creatives described above.
A great support book for artists
December 26, 2021
A very helpful book full of actionable advice for artists. Beth Pickens really understands artists and the support they need (emotional, financial, social, spiritual). Highly recommend this book! Make Your Art No Matter What PDF
It’s terrible. Reads like it was written by a committee headed by Bernie Sanders and AOC
June 30, 2021
There really isn’t anything new or genuinely helpful in this book and I found the repetitive attempts to push her political ideology to be too much and incredibly unhelpful.
As but one example, she claims that ‘punk damage’–meaning, if you came of age in a punk scene you have suffered monetary damage–is holding artists back because it prevents them for charging enough for their art, or even wanting to make money. She then writes, “Not all artists come from punk culture, which can read as a white person’s context though people of color have always been part of and intrinsically linked to punk.” Not even sure where to start with that statement.
Anyway, if you are looking for help to be a more productive artist, this is not it. Much better books out there.
Download Link 1
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.