“Flashcards in a book” provide a comprehensive yet concise review for the family medicine clerkship. Maximum retention in minimum time! Deja Review Family Medicine PDF boils down your coursework to just the critical concepts you need to know for exam success. This unbeatable guide features a quick-read, two-column, “flashcard in a book” Q&A format. – specifically designed to help you remember a large amount of pertinent information in the least amount of time possible. The format allows you to zero-in on only the correct answers to promote memory retention and get the most out of your study time. Great for last minute review of high-yield facts, Deja Review provides a straightforward way for you to assess your strengths and weaknesses so you can excel on the clerkship and the USMLE Step 2 CK.
- Contents organized by chief complaint, just like a patient would present.
- Active recall questions allow you to understand, not just memorize the content
- Clinical vignettes at the end of the book prepare you for board-style questions
- Portable size for study on the go – fits into your coat pocket
- Bookmark included to guide you through easy-to-use flashcard presentation
Recommended Books For You
Description of Deja Review Family Medicine PDF
This book of family medicine is one of the best family medicine books available for medical students to study for their license exams and for normal routine too. It provides all the basic information a medical student needs to know for their wards in the family medicine department and the board exams. Download it now and get higher scores.
Dr. Winston Liaw is a family medicine doctor in Fairfax, Virginia and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. He received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine and has been in practice between 11-20 years. He is one of 95 doctors at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and one of 120 at Inova Fairfax Hospitalwho specialize in Family Medicine.
Winston Liaw, MD is Academic Chief Resident in the Family Medicine Residency Program at the Virginia Commonwealth University, Fairfax, Virginia. He received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine and an MPH from Harvard School of Public Health.
- I used this book during my third year family medicine rotation to prepare for the shelf exam. The format is the same question/answer format of the other Deja Review series. The information was presented in a concise manner. I really liked the charts, for example of diabetic medications, and they seemed to be must know information for the shelf. Other information however was hit or miss and seemed to be geared more towards pimping questions than shelf specific. Overall a good, relatively short book, that was a good overview of ambulatory medicine. Supplemented with question banks and ambulatory chapters of other textbooks makes for a solid tool for shelf prep.
- With this resource I obtained honors on the family medicine COMAT, and it wasn’t terrible to work through. For people who like this style of learning, I’d definitely recommend it.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and sections in the Deja Review Family Medicine PDF 2nd edition.
SECTION I: MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC DISEASES
Chapter 1. Diabetes;
Chapter 2. Cardiovascular Disease;
Chapter 3. Chronic Kidney Disease;
Chapter 4. Thyroid Disease;
Chapter 5. Osteoporosis;
Chapter 6. Chronic Lung Disease;
Chapter 7. Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD);
Chapter 8. Depression and Anxiety;
SECTION II: COMMON CHIEF COMPLAINTS
Chapter 9. Headache;
Chapter 10. INsomnia and Sleep Disorders;
Chapter 11. Dizziness and Syncope;
Chapter 12. Red eye adn Eye Pain;
Chapter 13. Ear, nose, and Throat Complaints;
Chapter 14. Neck Mass;
Chapter 15. Chest Pain and Palpitations;
Chapter 16. Cough;
Chapter 17. Joint and Muscle Pain;
Chapter 18. Sports and Work Injuries;
Chapter 19. Breast Masses, Breast Pain, and Nipple Discharge;
Chapter 20. Abdominal Pain;
Chapter 21. Diarrhea;
Chapter 22. Blood in Stool;
Chapter 23. Erectile Dysfunction;
Chapter 24. Scrota Pain and Swelling;
Chapter 25. Urinary Incontinence and Retention;
Chapter 26. Dysuria and Vaginitis;
Chapter 27. Viginal Bleeding and Dysmenorrhea;
Chapter 28. Family Planning;
Chapter 29. Dermatologic Complaints;
SECTION III: ABNORMAL TEST RESULTS AND EXAMS
Chapter 30. Abnormal Red Blook Cell Counts and Bleeding;
Chapter 31. Abnormal Liver Function Tests;
Chapter 32. Abnormal Electolytes;
Chapter 33. Abnormal Urinalysis Results;
Chapter 34. Abnormal Pap Smear Results;
Chapter 35. Positive Tuberculine Skin Test;
Chapter 36. Cardiovascular Exam;
Chapter 37. Neurologic Exam;
SECTION IV: INDIVIDUAL AND COMMUNITY WELLNESS
Chapter 38. Statistics, Prevention, Well-Man and Well-Woman Exams;
Chapter 39. Wellness Exams for Newborns, Infants, Children, and Adolescents;
Chapter 40. Geriatric Wellness;
Chapter 41. Preparticipation Sports Physical;
Chapter 42. Domestic Violence;
Chapter 43. Travel Medicine;
Chapter 44. Basic Obstetrical Care;
SECTION V: CLINICAL VIGNETTES
Chapter 45. Clinical Vignettes
Dimensions and Characters
- 402 Pages
- File Size: 2 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Deja Review Series
Download Button for Deja Review Family Medicine PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.