Features of Wongs Nursing Care of Infants and Children 11th Edition PDF
Wongs Nursing Care of Infants and Children 11th Edition PDF-Prepare to give pediatric patients the specialized care they deserve with the leading text in pediatric nursing. Written by pediatric experts, Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children, 11th Edition takes a unique, easy-to-follow developmental approach to describe the care of children at each age and stage of development. This longtime bestseller provides an evidence-based, clinical perspective that shows how the quality of nursing care can impact quality patient outcomes. Childhood diseases and disorders are organized by age groups and body systems and explained through the nursing process framework. This edition features completely updated and reorganized chapters that present content in a clear, easy-to-understand way. New Quality Indicator boxes paint a bigger picture of hospitals and how they look at quality and safety.
- A focus on family-centered care emphasizes the role and influence of the family in health and illness with a separate chapter and Family-Centered Care boxes.
- Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference in critical situations.
- Pathophysiology Reviews explain complicated disease processes with illustrated summary boxes.
- Quality Patient Outcomes are discussed for major childhood diseases and disorders, showing how nursing care directly impacts patient outcomes.
- Nursing Tips include helpful hints and practical, clinical information.
- Critical Thinking Case Studies help you test and develop your own analytical skills.
- Cultural Considerations provide cultural tips from clinical experts.
- Nursing Care Plans provide models for planning patient care, with rationales explaining why specific nursing interventions have been chosen, and include nursing diagnoses, patient/family goals, nursing interventions/rationales, expected outcomes, and NIC and NOC guidelines.
- Nursing Care Guidelines offer clear, step-by-step, detailed instructions on performing specific skills or procedures.
- Translating Evidence into Practice and Applying Evidence to Practice boxes help you apply research to support, guide, and improve the outcomes of nursing care.
- Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize pain, discomfort, or stress, and provide guidance for performing procedures in a caring manner.
- Community and Home Health Considerations boxes focus on wellness information and illness-related topics.
- Drug Alerts highlight important drug-related information for safe, appropriate care.
- Nursing Alerts provides critical information that must be considered in providing care.
- Research Focus boxes emphasize research with concise reviews of important evidence.
- NEW! Quality Indicator boxes present a bigger picture of hospitals and how they look at quality and safety, or Pediatric Clinical Quality Measures.
- EXPANDED! Added emphasis on the impact of genetics and genomics on pediatric nursing care.
- NEW and UPDATED! New information on Zika virus and Rotavirus keeps you in the know.
- NEW! New section on Chiari malformation added to neurologic dysfunction chapter.
- NEW! Self-harm, GLBT, and e-cigarette content added to adolescent problems chapter.
- UPDATED! Oxygen and carbon dioxide exchange information is now included throughout the text.
- EXPANDED! Updated accidental poisoning section now includes cleaning solutions and liquid from e-cigarettes.
- UPDATED! New Impact of Chronic Illness, Disability, or End of Life Care for the Child and Family chapter thoroughly combines two previous chapters.
- UPDATED! Integumentary dysfunction content now appears as chapter 32.
- UPDATED! Reorganized chapter on pain provides specific guidelines for pediatric pain assessment and management and focuses on common acute and chronic pain conditions and how to manage them.
- UPDATED! Human Papillomavirus content significantly updated.
- EXPANDED and UPDATED! Disorders with behavioral components section significantly expanded.
- UPDATED! Updated influenza, RSV, and acute lung injury section in respiratory chapter.
- UPDATED! Childhood cancer survivor section has significant updates.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Wongs Nursing Care of Infants and Children 11th Edition PDF
Wongs Nursing Care of Infants and Children 11th Edition PDF is one of the best-known books on the subject of nursing and basic medicine. This book covers all the cases and phenomenon a student and professional nurse might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime aid in caring for patients that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
Dr. Marilyn Hockenberry, PhD, RN, PNP-BC, FAAN, is the Bessie Baker Professor of Nursing at Duke University School of Nursing. Dr. Hockenberry, a distinguished leader in pediatric oncology and evidence-based practices and outcomes, is actively involved in the School’s cancer-related research initiatives and teaches in the DNP program. She also serves as one of the 11 chairs of the Duke Institutional Review Board.
Before coming to Duke, she was Professor of Pediatrics in the Hematology/Oncology Division at Baylor College of Medicine. She also served as the nurse scientist for the hospital and director of the pediatric nurse practitioner program in the Texas Children’s Cancer Center at Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH) from 1994 to 2012. At TCH, she served as director of the Center for Research and Evidence-based Practice from 2002 to 2009 and director of the Evidence-based Outcomes Center from 2004 to 2009. Earlier in her career, she practiced as a hematology/oncology nurse practitioner at Duke University Medical Center and was a clinical associate in the Duke School of Nursing.
Dr. Hockenberry received her BSN from Capital University in Columbus, Ohio, the Master of Science degree from Texas Woman’s University in Houston and her Pediatric Nurse Practitioner certification through Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia. She earned a PhD in nursing with distinction from the Medical College of Georgia. Her research focuses on treatment-related side effects experienced by children who have cancer and is the recipient of numerous research grant awards. Her latest NIH funded research grant evaluates phenotypic and genotypic characteristics and their associations with symptom clusters experienced during treatment for childhood leukemia. She has authored more than 80 publications, and has served for the past 10 years as senior editor for the Wong Pediatric Nursing Textbooks published by Elsevier. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing. She was appointed as a member of the Children’s Oncology Group (COG) Scientific Council in February 2011. She is the Vice-Chair for the COG Nursing Discipline and serves as the Research Chair for the COG Nursing Research Committee. She received the 2011 Distinguished Nurse Researcher Award and the 2011 Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing Writing Award at the 35th national conference of the Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses. In July of 2016 during the 27th International Nursing Congress in Cape Town, South Africa she received the International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame Award from Sigma Theta Tau International.
Dimensions and Characters of Wongs Nursing Care of Infants and Children 11th Edition PDF
- Publisher : Mosby; 11th edition (October 16, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1424 pages
- ISBN-10 : 032354939X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323549394
- Item Weight : 6.24 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 1.7 x 10.7 inches
- Book Name : Wongs Nursing Care of Infants and Children 11th Edition PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.