Daily, nurses have to face number of issues apart from criticality of profession. If you are a nurse or healthcare professional and you need to overcome those issues then this book is for you. The book ‘Contemporary Nursing Issues Trends & Management 8th Edition pdf’ prepare nurses and healthcare professionals for the ever changing work practices. The book provides excellent overview of issues within nursing practice, challenges faced by nurse managers and leaders while emphasizing importance of interdisciplinary working environment.
Furthermore, essential skills for being a successful nurse is discussed. The book is popular among nurses because of its thorough explanation on effective decision making, collaboration and communication, job opportunities and nursing role. Download the book now and strengthen your nursing career through enhanced skills. PDF format of the book is available in this blog post.
Features of Contemporary Nursing Issues Trends & Management 8th Edition PDF
Contemporary Nursing Issues Trends & Management 8th Edition PDF-Ensure you are thoroughly prepared to work in the rapidly evolving world of nursing. Written by expert authors Barbara Cherry and Susan Jacob Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, & Management, 8th Edition provides an overview of both issues within nursing practice and topics facing today’s nurse managers and leaders. The 20th anniversary edition of this comprehensive guide emphasizes the importance of working in an interdisciplinary environment and takes you through the evolution of nursing, safe and effective decision-making, the nursing role, collaboration and communication, leadership, and job opportunities. New to this edition is coverage of health issues affecting the LGBTQ community, hospice care, how to respond to active shooter events, and a number of other timely issues affecting healthcare and nursing practice today.
- UPDATED Content on incivility, bullying and workplace violence, provides a short scenario about issues you might face in practice.
- Key terms, learning outcomes, chapter overviews, and chapter summaries help you focus your learning experience.
- Unit on Leadership and Management in Nursing includes content to prepare nurses to effectively function in the management roles expected of the professional nurse.
- Unit on Career Management provides strategies on how to make the transition from student to practitioner and tips on how to pass the NCLEX-RN Examination.
- Case studies help you apply theory to clinical practice.
- Vignettes at the beginning of each chapter personalize nursing history and practice and help you to understand your place in the profession. Questions to Consider While Reading This Chapter follow the vignettes and prepare the reader for the topic to be discussed.
- Humorous cartoons open each chapter to illustrate the chapter themes.
- Full-color design enhances the narrative with a clear, visually appealing explanation of concepts.
- NEW! Coverage of the Nursys’ program allows nurses, employers, and boards of nursing to verify that nursing licenses are current and in good standing.
- NEW! Coverage of LGBTQ Health Issues and other marginalized groups discusses how to improve the care of a diverse population.
- NEW! Integration of advanced technology into all aspects of clinical care and job placement focuses on the ever-changing role of technology in the workplace.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of working in an interdisciplinary team reflects the changing healthcare landscape and need to work in collaboration with a variety of healthcare specialists.
- NEW! Coverage of how to respond to active shooter events prepares you for what you might face during a mass casualty event.
- NEW! Coverage of current legal cases includes relevant examples of legal issues affecting nurses.
- NEW! Evolution of the nation’s healthcare system based on healthcare reform covers alternative models of healthcare reimbursement to promote quality and cost effectiveness along with new opportunities for nursing practice.
- NEW! Chapter on hospice care focuses on how to best provide patients with relief during end of life care, and how to support family members.
- NEW! The enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) keeps you up to date on the latest on multi-state licensing.
- NEW! Updated coverage reflects the most current data and references in the market.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Contemporary Nursing Issues Trends & Management 8th Edition PDF
Contemporary Nursing Issues Trends & Management 8th Edition PDF is one of the best-known books on the subject of nursing and basic medicine. This book covers all the cases and phenomenon a student and professional nurse might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime aid in caring for patients that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
Susan R. Jacob received her BSN from West Virginia University, a Master of Science degree in Community Health Nursing from San Jose State University and a PhD from the University of Tennessee, Memphis – now known as the Health Science Center.
Dr. Jacob has been a nursing educator for over thirty years, serving as a tenured Professor on the faculties of the University of Memphis and Union University where she also served as Dean of the School of Nursing prior to serving as the Executive Associate Dean (2003-2011) and Interim Dean (2011-2012) in the UTHSC College of Nursing. Dr. Jacob retired from UTHSC in 2012 as Professor Emeritus in the College of Nursing and returned in November 2015 to assume the position of Professor and Interim Associate Dean of Academic Affairs until June 30, 2016. In September 2016 Dr. Jacob assumed the role of Interim Chair of the Department of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention until July 2017. In January 2017 she assumed the role of Interim Director of the BSN program until June 2018 when she was appointed Assistant Dean of Quality and Strategic Affairs. Dr. Jacob also currently serves as Executive Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
Dr. Jacob has extensive experience in the area of curriculum development and teaching/learning at the undergraduate and graduate levels. She serves as a team lead evaluator for the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and a curriculum/accreditation consultant for colleges of nursing. She is co-author/co-editor with Barbara Cherry of Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, and Management, Elsevier’s leading Nursing Issues textbook in its 8th edition, and the author of numerous book chapters and journal articles.She served as lead editor for the 2014 and 2019 editions of Foundations of Faith Community Nursing Curriculum.
Dr. Jacob serves as a manuscript reviewer for the American Journal of Health Behavior and the Journal of Religion and Health. Her research interests include grief, bereavement, and aging. Dr. Jacob has had local and national funding for her research focused on grief and bereavement, grief support groups, gerontology, and innovative models of home healthcare delivery. Her community outreach activities include facilitating grief support groups and training mentors and mentoring vulnerable Moms through One by One Ministries. Dr. Jacob serves as Chair of FACES (Family Advocate Center for Empowerment) and Chair of the Methodist Alliance Professional Advisory Committee. She serves as Vice Chair of the National Board of One by One Ministries. She is frequently a speaker on end of life issues, spiritual care, and faith community nursing.
Dr. Jacob is currently a member of the Beta Theta Chapter at Large and the Nu Lambda Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society, the American Nurses Association, and the Tennessee Nurses Association. She has served as the Education Consultant for faith community nursing with the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing at Church Health since 2012.
Table of Contents
Unit 1: The Development of Nursing
1. The Evolution of Professional Nursing
2. The Contemporary Image of Professional Nursing
3. The Influence of Contemporary Trends and Issues on Nursing Education
4. Nursing Licensure and Certification
5. Theories of Nursing Practice
6. Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
Unit 2: Current Issues in Health Care
7. Paying for Health Care in America: Rising Costs and Challenges
8. Legal Issues in Nursing and Health Care
9. Ethical and Bioethical Issues in Nursing and Health Care
10. Cultural Competency and Social Issues in Nursing and Health Care
11. Complementary and Alternative Healing
12. Palliative Care
13. Workforce Advocacy and the Nursing Shortage
14. Collective Bargaining and Unions in Today’s Workplace
15. Information Technology in the Clinical Setting
16. Emergency Preparedness and Response for Today’s World
Unit 3: Leadership and Management in Nursing
17. Nursing Leadership and Management
18. Budgeting Basics for Nurses
19. Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution
20. Effective Delegation and Supervision
21. Staffing and Nursing Care Delivery Models
22. Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
23. Health Policy and Politics: Get Involved!
Unit 4: Career Management
24. Making the Transition from Student to Professional Nurse
25. Managing Time: The Path to High Self-Performance
26. Contemporary Nursing Roles and Career Opportunities
27. Job Search: Finding Your Match
28. NCLEX-RN ® Examination
Dimensions and Characters of Contemporary Nursing Issues Trends & Management 8th Edition PDF
- Publisher : Mosby; 8th edition (November 12, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 536 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 0323554202
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-0323554206
- Item Weight : 1.81 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Book Name : Contemporary Nursing Issues Trends & Management 8th Edition PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.