Features of Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner PDF
Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner PDF-Confidently prepare for the Acute Care Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (CPNP®) exam and excel on the job with help from the Lippincott Certification Review: Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner . Presented in an easy-to-read bulleted format, this all-inclusive guide covers all exam topics, from system-based pediatric disorders to family and psychological issues. Offering professional advice, test-taking strategies, and practice exams, this is the essential text no pediatric or acute care nurse should be without.
You will ace the CPNP exam and grasp the fundamentals of acute care pediatric nursing with …
More than 750 multiple-choice questions in exam format – 350+ end-of-chapter questions and two 200-question practice exams, with answers/explanations
· Expert guidance on pediatric patient management – Current data and practice tools for diagnosing and managing complex acute, chronic, and critical pediatric conditions in inpatient and outpatient, emergency, and home care settings, emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration
· Full coverage of topics including:
· System-based problems – Scientific background and practice guidelines for managing pediatric disorders, with each chapter addressing a different body system
· Age-related information – Guidance on meeting the specific physiological and psychological needs of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults
· Pediatric patient and family issues – Vital information on development, nutrition, and sleep; guidelines for family-centered care, transitional care, home care, and more
· Professional issues – Current data on quality improvement, safety, diversity, and health policy; official guidance on certification, licensure, credentialing, documentation, billing, and more
Recommended Books For You
Description of Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner PDF
Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner PDF is one of the best medical books for students and for emergency medical doctors . It is a must download.
Katie Berry is an author, mom, and homebody on a mission to help people turn their homes into havens. On her blog, HousewifeHowTos.com, Katie shares common-sense solutions to household challenges, delicious family-friendly recipes, and money-saving tips.
When she’s not cleaning, Katie can most often be found curled up on the sofa with a book, her dog, and two cats. (She deals with a lot of pet hair!)
Dimensions and Characteristics of Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner PDF
- Publisher : LWW; First edition (September 19, 2015)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 480 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 1496308565
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-1496308566
- Item Weight : 2.9 pounds
- Dimensions : 9 x 1 x 11 inches
- Book Name : Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner PDF
Download Link 1
I’ve been hearing about this book for the last 3 years, and was ECSTATIC when it was released right before I needed to start studying for my AC boards. However, it has been SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!! If you’ve done a certification review coarse (i.e. Barkley), this is THE OPPOSITE. This book is written like a broad overview of all topics (and every section seems like the authors got up on their prideful-high-horse, and used it as a chance to show how much they know) as opposed to an exam prep. This should be a REVIEW – not an overall rehashing of the entire AC program. There are so many technical terms used that I had to look things up that I had never heard of (and won’t need to know for the exam or practice). Also, there are several bullet points made suggesting things like “research now may suggest ‘x’ is the appropriate treatment of ‘y’.” We all know that it takes 15+ years for research to turn into actual standards of care. For the purpose of the boards, something either IS or ISN’T the right management. Another example of how the authors were trying to show off all their knowledge/research/background in the area instead of just letting us know what’s to be expected of us on the boards.
Not to mention – did anyone edit this book??? There are so many typos, and even notes within the text saying things like “delete phrase – edit areas…..” Did anyone read this, or did they just rush to put this out to make money??
I think this is a waste of time. I’ve stopped reading it, and am back to reviewing all my class materials. Considering my program has a 100% first-time pass rate for the AC boards, I’m going to trust the tried & true material. No more wasting my time with the minutia of this text. WASTE OF TIME & MONEY.”
Cons: there are many.
– The editing is terrible throughout. The questions and rationales are poorly written. I’m currently on chapter 4 (out of 25), but the self-assessments at the end of each chapter have been frustrating to go through. Many questions are poorly worded, and the rationales are even worse. Most rationales are riddled with run-on sentences and other basic grammatical errors. Some rationales are unclear or just straight up inconsistent/incorrect. (For example, one question tells you that a child’s RR is 35 but doesn’t tell you how old the child is. Then the rationale states that this RR is “markedly elevated.”)
– The self-assessments are terribly laid out. The answers are below each question, highlighted in a different color and in bold print. They’re easily the most visible aspects of the page that you’re looking at. How are the self-assessments supposed to give us an accurate idea of where our knowledge is if we’re able to see the answers the entire time?! (I’ve resorted to a ridiculous method of covering up the opposite page and column, and slowly sliding down another sheet of paper one question at a time. It’s wildly inconvenient.)
– The online content is severely lacking. You can’t access any of the content in the physical book, just two practice exams that have 200 questions each. Several of these questions are repeats from the self-assessments in the physical book. There are also several technical annoyances. For example, for the practice exam, you can choose the number of questions you want to go through in a particular session. If you choose to do 25 questions today then want to do 50 questions tomorrow, it’ll first show you the 25 questions you already did yesterday, then show you just 25 new questions. It’s maddening.
Overall, there’s some good information in this book, but I would not recommend it for your PNCB prep. It’s frankly embarrassing that a prep book like this was even able to be published.”
UPDATE – I returned the Kindle version of this book and purchased the actual book. I found the bullet points helpful, but was again disappointed with the test. The final assessment is 200 questions; however, the test is a word document that you must download from the publisher’s website. This is not a computer generated assessment. Some test questions are also repeats of the questions found after each section.”
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.