Features of Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians PDF
Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians PDF-The newly updated, abundantly illustrated Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians: A Comprehensive Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment, 2nd Edition is your complete, evidence-based guide to accurate and successful assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of cutaneous diseases.
Focusing on the most common and most critical skin conditions, this expertly-written guide offers essential dermatology knowledge for diagnosing and managing a broad range of skin, hair, and nail conditions. Whether in primary care or full-time dermatology, this comprehensive text is both an ideal foundation for new practitioners and an essential companion to experienced clinicians.
Improve your diagnostic accuracy, dermatology knowledge and skills with evidence-based guidance for management:
- NEW and updated scientific evidence that supports correct diagnoses and treatment
- NEW organization with sections and chapters grouped based on visual characteristics, anatomical location of condition, or by symptom or patient complaint
- More than 600 colorful, high-resolution photos that support prompt, accurate diagnoses
- Numerous charts, tables and detailed images followed by evidenced-based algorithms, pharmacologic management pearls, and NCAA guidelines for treatment of infections
- Practical support for everyday challenges with clearly worded definitions and descriptions of common presentations
- Easy-to-follow format for those in primary care, but comprehensive enough for those in full-time dermatology
- Explains pathophysiology and patient management topics in easy-to-remember terms, including:
- Fundamentals – Structure and function of skin, exam approaches, morphology, dermatologic therapeutics, and photobiology, photoprotection and photodermatoses
- Skin Tumors – Pigmented lesions and melanoma, precancerous and nonmelanoma skin cancers, benign neoplasms
- Acne and related disorders
- Red and Scaly Disorders – Seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, erythroderma, and others
- Infectious Skin Diseases – Superficial fungal and bacterial infections, viral infections, sexually transmitted disease, HIV and the skin
- Infestations, Stings and Bites
- Drugs, Hives and Angioedema – Adverse cutaneous drug reactions
- Inflammatory Skin Diseases – Treating blisters, inflammatory skin disease, vasculitis and purpura
- Specialized Skin Structures – Hair disorders; nail disorders; oral cavity, lips, gums, and tongue; genital dermatoses
- Childhood Skin Disorders
- Common Office-Based Diagnostic and Wound Care Procedures
- Chapter features include:
- Differential Diagnosis – Boxes featuring the most likely differential diagnoses
- Clinical Pearls – Highlighting key points from clinical experts on disease management, including pharmacology
- Clinical Presentations with Skin Findings and Non-Skin Findings
- Management and Patient Education – Bullet points containing prognosis and complications, patient education, follow-up, and referral and consultation topics
About the Clinical Editors
Margaret Bobonich, DNP, FNP-C, DCNP, FAANP, is Assistant Professor of the Department of Dermatology at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, as well as Adjunct Faculty at Florida Atlantic University, Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing, and Director of the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Residency at University Hospitals Case Medical Center Cleveland, Ohio.
Mary E. Nolen, ANP-BC, DCNP, is the founder of the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Fellowship, LaHey Clinic, Burlington, MA. She is currently Adjunct Assistant Professor at Florida Atlantic University, Lynn E. Connell School of Nursing in Boca Raton, Florida.
Jeremy Honaker, PhD, MSN, FNP-C, CWOCN, DCNP, is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Dermatology Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and is a nurse practitioner at University Hospitals of Cleveland Medical Center Department of Dermatology.
Douglas DiRuggiero, DMSc, PA-C, is a certified physician’s assistant at the Skin Cancer & Cosmetic Dermatology Center in Rome, Georgia.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians PDF
Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians PDF is one of the best-known books for Dermatologists. This book covers all the cases and phenomenons a student and professional doctor might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime help in solving cases of diseases that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
Margaret A. Bobonich, DNP, FNP-C, DCNP, FAANP is an Assistant Professor at Case Western Reserve University’s (CWRU) Schools of Medicine and Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing (FPB). Dr. Bobonich joined CWRU and University Hospitals Case Medical Center (UCHMC) in 2007, after prior positions as a trauma/aeromedical nurse and Family Nurse Practitioner. She completed her Master’s in Advance Practice Nursing at FPB, then went on to develop/complete an interdisciplinary Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Residency and her Doctorate of Nursing Practice in 2009. Dr. Bobonich published her seminal research for the development of a core curriculum for dermatology nurse practitioners. She is a certified Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-C), Dermatology Certified Nurse Practitioner (DCNP) and Fellow in the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. She also serves as a consultant in the development of dermatology education and with industry leaders in dermatology research.
As an educator, Dr. Bobonich utilizes her knowledge, skills and expertise to provide vital dermatology education to physicians, medical dermatology residents, medical students, advanced practice clinicians and nurses. Her clinical practice in a large academic center is general dermatology including pediatrics. She has spent years collecting clinical photos of both rare and common skin diseases that are integral to teaching the art of dermatology. Dr. Bobonich is actively engaged as a primary investigator in psoriasis research.
Dr. Bobonich is the co-editor and author for the first comprehensive dermatology textbook for advance practice clinicians (APCs). Since the inception of the UHCMC Dermatology NP Residency, she developed a genuine understanding of the gaps between the education during Master’s programs and essential dermatology knowledge and skills that are necessary for all APCs to provide competent care. She demonstrated that, when given the opportunity to learn the science, NPs and PAs can provide high quality dermatologic care. So it became a challenging personal and professional goal to develop an evidence-based, comprehensive dermatology textbook to educate clinicians.
A highly sought after national speaker in dermatology, Dr. Bobonich is known for blending her expertise with a dynamic teaching style. She developed curriculum for the American Association of Nurse Practitioner’s Dermatology Specialty Conferences and continues to serve as the specialty track leader. Dr. Bobonich has won numerous awards including FPB Dean’s Legacy Award, nominee for the Ohio Health Care Worker of the Year, Dermatology Nurses’ Association Community Service Award, and many more.
Those who know Dr. Bobonich understand that she is no stranger to challenges. In 2005, she exhibited the true strength and integrity characteristic of the nursing profession, as she was cast as the first nurse on the CBS television reality series Survivor Guatemala. Since then, she has been leading a health care team from CWRU and joins Refuge International to provide vital health care in the underserved areas of Guatemala.
Dimensions and Characteristics of Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians PDF
- Publisher : LWW; Second, North American edition (October 27, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 576 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 1975148355
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-1975148355
- Item Weight : 3.7 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 1 x 11.1 inches
- Book Name : Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians PDF
Download Link 1
W “This textbook is concise and provides a quick and thorough reference for those skin conditions that we see in Primary Care as well as Urgent Care.
I do like the larger format of the book over looking at photos on a smartphone. The photographs/prints in the book are excellent for comparison to what I see in Clinic.”
Apart from this, this book is appropriate for plastic surgeons and those related medical specialists who aim to update their knowledge with high standards and be well-equipped with the most up-to-date issues.
Compared with the book of which title was shared decades ago, I found a number of distinctive issues presented in this current book. For instance, in terms of anatomy, the previous concerns were about the facial nerve and the sensory nerve. It has shifted and highlighted on the vascular network. In case of operation/ procedure which used to focus only the facial surgery procedure (eg. facelift ) to both of the surgical and the non-surgical facial rejuvenation. This point includes filler and botulinum toxin injection. These have been received a lot of attention currently.
The authors also step forward to the energy device issues and so forth. They are generous enough to share their valuable and meticulous experiences which cannot be found elsewhere.
On top of that, the main contributors are the world-leading and world authority plastic surgeon who has been widely recognized across the world. They are also a highly proficient person with expertise not only in the surgery but also in the non-surgical aesthetic procedures. According to this book, the authors evidentially demonstrates the high academic standard.
What I am impressed a great deal with this book are their fascinating illustrations, VDO, and cadaveric dissection. Those pictures are not only that beauty but also revealing a smart presentation method. These enable us to understand the content, particularly on focusing on the plane of various structures.
The book is worth buying.”
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.