Features of Community Public Health Nursing Promoting the Health of Populations 7th Edition PDF
Community Public Health Nursing Promoting the Health of Populations 7th Edition PDF-Give your students a complete guide to community health nursing! Community/Public Health Nursing, 7th Edition provides a unique, upstream preventive focus and a strong social justice approach, all in a concise, easy-to-read text. Covering the nurses’ role in promoting community health, it shows how students can take an active role in social action and health policy – emphasizing society’s responsibility to protect all human life and ensuring that diverse and vulnerable populations have their basic health needs met. Clinical examples and photo novellas show how nursing concepts apply to the real world. Written by community health nursing experts Mary A. Nies and Melanie McEwen, this book describes the issues and responsibilities of today’s community and public health nurse.
- UNIQUE! A ‘social justice’ approach promotes health for all people, including vulnerable populations.
- UNIQUE! ‘Upstream’ preventive focus addresses factors that are the precursors to poor health in the community, addressing potential health problems before they occur.
- Case Studies present the theory, concepts, and application of the nursing process in practical and manageable examples.
- UNIQUE! Photo novellas use photographs to tell stories showing real-life clinical scenarios and applications of important community health nursing roles.
- Application of the nursing process at the individual, family, and aggregate levels highlights the community perspective in all health situations
- Clinical examples offer snippets of real-life client situations.
- Theoretical frameworks common to nursing and public health aid in the application of familiar and new theory bases to problems and challenges in the community.
- Healthy People 2020 boxes include the most current national health care objectives.
- Research Highlights boxes show the application of research studies to the practice of community nursing.
- Ethical Insights boxes highlight ethical issues and concerns that the community/public health nurse may encounter.
- Objectives, key terms, and chapter outlines at the beginning of every chapter introduce important concepts and terminology.
- NEW AND UNIQUE! A Veterans Health chapter presents situations and considerations unique to the care of veterans.
- NEW! Genetics in Public Health boxes reflect increasing scientific evidence supporting the health benefits of using genetic tests and family health history to guide public health interventions.
- NEW! Active Learning boxes test your knowledge of the content you’ve just read, helping provide clinical application and knowledge retention.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Community Public Health Nursing Promoting the Health of Populations 7th Edition PDF
Community Public Health Nursing Promoting the Health of Populations 7th Edition PDF is one of the best-known books on the subject of nursing and basic medicine. This book covers all the cases and phenomenon a student and professional nurse might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime aid in caring for patients that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
Dr. McEwen has been a nursing professor for more than 25 years. She is the author/editor of three nursing textbooks: Theoretical Basis for Nursing (with E. Wills); Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations (with M. Nies); and Community-based Nursing: An Introduction (with B. Pullis). She has also published numerous articles in nursing journals. Her research interests include: RN-BSN programs; spiritual nursing care; immunizations and immunization policy; disparities in diagnosis and management of ADHD; and school-based management of asthma.
Because I am convinced that nursing is one of the most important professions, I am passionate about my role as a nursing educator. For almost 30 years I have been fortunate to be a small part of a very vital vocation – that of creating future nurses.
Dimensions and Characters of Community Public Health Nursing Promoting the Health of Populations 7th Edition PDF
- Publisher : Saunders; 7th edition (October 15, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 728 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 0323528945
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-0323528948
- Item Weight : 3.15 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 0.9 x 10.8 inches
- Book Name : Community Public Health Nursing Promoting the Health of Populations 7th Edition PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.