Features of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription PDF
ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription PDF-
Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
The flagship title from the prestigious American College of Sports Medicine, this critical handbook delivers scientifically based, evidence-informed standards to prepare you for success.
Providing succinct summaries of recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased patients, this trusted manual is an essential resource for all exercise professionals, as well as other health professionals who may counsel patients on exercise including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, physical and occupational therapists, dieticians, and health care administrators. The extensively updated eleventh edition has been reorganized for greater clarity and integrates the latest Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.
- UPDATED! Integrated guidelines, including the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, reflect the most current, clinically sound approaches to exercise testing and prescription.
- NEW! Chapter on conditions that affect the brain familiarizes students with specific strategies for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, autism, depression and anxiety.
- UPDATED! Enhanced organization helps students find information quickly and easily.
- FITT (Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type) boxes make locating critical exercise prescription information quick and easy.
- Revised appendices integrate valuable information on ECGs, medication and emergency management where it is most relevant. A new appendix on metabolic equations is included.
- Additional boxes, tables, and figures highlight important concepts and approaches at a glance.
Lippincott® Connect features:
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
Lippincott® Connect also allows users to create Study Collections to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections you can:
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.
Recommended Books For You
Description of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription PDF
ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription PDF is one of the best-known books on the subject of basic medical sciences. This book covers all the cases and phenomenons a student and professional doctor might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime help in solving cases of diseases that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
Gary Liguori is a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine and the Head of Health and Human Performance at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga. Gary received his PhD in Wellness from NDSU in 2005, studying the effects of email prompts on physical activity.
Previous faculty positions include Associate Professor at North Dakota State, Instructor at Youngstown State University and Instructor at the University of Wyoming. Dr. Liguori recently served as the Chair of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Health Fitness Specialist certification committee, and is the Senior Editor of the first edition ACSM Resource Manual for the Health Fitness Specialist.
Dr. Liguori has also published a 2nd edition text (Questions & Answers: A Guide to Fitness and Wellness) with McGraw-Hill. Dr. Liguori’s current research is focused on sedentary behavior as a compensatory mechanism in various populations. Dr. Liguori also works with U.S. NHANES data to consider patterns of change in metabolic syndrome, including cross-cultural
Dimensions and Characters of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription PDF
- Publisher : LWW; Eleventh, Paperback edition (April 16, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 541 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 1975150198
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-1975150198
- Item Weight : 1.25 pounds
- Dimensions : 5 x 0.9 x 7.9 inches
- Book Name: ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.