Colorectal cancer is a common cause of morbidity and mortality in which prevention, screening, and early detection are vital. Beginning with the patient perspective and following the patient pathway, this new second edition covers epidemiology and prevention, screening programmes, decision support networks, the role of primary care, and supportive care for patients with colorectal cancer. The ABC of Colorectal Cancer PDF provides the core knowledge on clinical genetics, diagnosis, imaging, therapy and surgery options and the latest evidence-based guidelines for treating and managing colorectal cancer patients within the multi-disciplinary team. Highly illustrated and accessible, it covers the full spectrum of the disease to provide the basis to make a real difference to clinical management.
This is an invaluable practical guide for the non-specialist on all aspects of colorectal cancer and is ideal for general practitioners, junior doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals.
Description of ABC of Colorectal Cancer PDF 2nd Edition
The ABC of Colorectal Cancer PDF 2nd edition is one book that every medical practitioner and doctor should carry around in their pockets. This book provides you with the best possible solutions for this deadly cancer and all the related diseases of the colon. Colorectal cancer is one disease that requires special attention and this book gives it all. Download Now.
Recommended Books For You
Annie Young, Professor of Nursing, Warwick Medical School, The University of Warwick, Coventry. Ms. Young works in Covina, CA and specializes in Hematology/Oncology. Ms. Young is affiliated with Citrus Valley Medical Center-Queen Of The Valley Campus.
Richard Hobbs, Professor, and Head of Primary Care Health Sciences, Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford
David Kerr, Professor of Cancer Medicine, Nuffield Dept of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford.
“This short clinical review book of CRC strikes an excellent balance being both concise but with thorough and up-to-date coverage of the subject matter. The chapters based on their size, layout, and supporting figures are very approachable and I would suspect the book to be very useful to its intended audience of general practitioners and physicians in training. The text would seem to be most useful to those practicing clinical medicine, but could also serve as supplemental reading for those preparing for board-type examinations.” (Gastroenterology, 1 August 2012)
“The information in the ABC of Colorectal Cancer is very well presented and the coverage is more than a GP would need in clinical practice.” (Australian FamilyPhysician, 4 April 2012)
Great book like many of the “ABC” books. However not much help with my essay. Not many details about assessment, related tests or connection to recent guidelines.
This book is very thin, however, it gives a brief overview of colorectal carcinoma and was very useful during my oncology course. I regularly refer to it still in practice. Some points could do with being more in depth, however, gives you the basics to go and research further information about colorectal carcinoma.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the ABC of Colorectal Cancer PDF 2nd Edition ebook along with the names of their authors.
- Contributors, vii
- Preface, ix
- 1 The Patient Perspective 1 Kevin Bond
- 2 Epidemiology and Prevention 4 Peter Boyle, Patrick Mullie, Maria Paula Curado and David Zaridze
- 3 Pathways of Carcinogenesis 8 Michael Christie and Oliver Sieber
- 4 Clinical Genetics in the Management of Colon Cancer 13 Kai Ren Ong, Vicky Bowyer and Trevor Cole
- 5 Screening for Colorectal Cancer 19 Julietta Patnick and Wendy S. Atkin
- 6 Decision Support Networks 22 Matthew Kelly, Mark Austin and Sir Michael Brady
- 7 Pathology of Colorectal Cance, 26 Mohammad Ilyas
- 8 Imaging of Colorectal Cancer 31 Andrew Slater
- 9 The Role of Primary Care 36 Sue Wilson and Richard Hobbs
- 10 Radiotherapy for Rectal Cancer 40 Andrew Weaver
- 11 Surgical Interventions 44 Shazad Ashraf and Neil Mortensen
- 12 Adjuvant Therapy 48 Zenia Saridaki-Zoras and David Kerr
- 13 Treatment of Advanced Disease 52 David Watkins and David Cunningham
- 14 Innovative Treatment for Colorectal Cancer 58 Joanne L. Brady and David Kerr
- 15 Supportive Care for Patients with Colorectal Cancer 63 Pauline McCulloch and Annie Young
- 16 Follow-up 69 John Primrose
- Index 74
Dimensions and Characters of ABC of Colorectal Cancer PDF 2nd Edition
- 88 Pages
- File Size: 2 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- ABC Series
Download Button for ABC of Colorectal Cancer PDF
Shown below is a white download button for the ABC of Colorectal Cancer PDF 2nd Edition. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.