Features of The CDC Field Epidemiology Manual PDF
The CDC Field Epidemiology Manual PDF-A NEW AND ESSENTIAL RESOURCE FOR THE PRACTICE OF EPIDEMIOLOGY AND PUBLIC HEALTH
The CDC Field Epidemiology Manual is a definitive guide to investigating acute public health events on the ground and in real time. Assembled and written by experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as other leading public health agencies, it offers current and field-tested
guidance for every stage of an outbreak investigation — from identification to intervention and other core considerations along the way.
Modeled after Michael Gregg’s seminal book Field Epidemiology, this CDC manual ushers investigators through the core elements of field work, including many of the challenges inherent to outbreaks: working with multiple state and federal agencies or multinational organizations; legal considerations;
and effective utilization of an incident-management approach.
Additional coverage includes:
· Updated guidance for new tools in field investigations, including the latest technologies for data collection and incorporating data from geographic information systems (GIS)
· Tips for investigations in unique settings, including healthcare and community-congregate sites
· Advice for responding to different types of outbreaks, including acute enteric disease; suspected biologic or toxic agents; and outbreaks of violence, suicide, and other forms of injury
For the ever-changing public health landscape, The CDC Field Epidemiology Manual offers a new, authoritative resource for effective outbreak response to acute and emerging threats.
Oxford University Press will donate a portion of the proceeds from this book to the CDC Foundation, an independent nonprofit and the sole entity created by Congress to mobilize philanthropic and private-sector resources to support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s critical health
protection work. To learn more about the CDC Foundation, visit www.cdcfoundation.org.
Recommended Books For You
Anatomy and Physiology for Speech,Language and Hearing free download
Breast Imaging: A Core Review PDF Free Download
Description of The CDC Field Epidemiology Manual PDF
The CDC Field Epidemiology Manual PDF is one of the best medical books for students and professionals on the subject of Infectious Diseases. It is a must download.
Richard A. Goodman, MD, JD, MPH, is Professor of Medicine at Emory University’s School of Medicine and Rollins School of Public Health. Dr. Goodman held leadership and senior staff positions at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from 1978 to 2015, serving as Editor-in-Chief of CDC’s
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly (MMWR) Series for a decade, Co-Director of CDC’s Public Health Law Program, and Associate Director of CDC’s Epidemiology Program Office.
Dimensions and Characteristics of The CDC Field Epidemiology Manual PDF
- Publisher : Oxford University Press; Illustrated edition (December 18, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 528 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 0190624248
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-0190624248
- Item Weight : 2.02 pounds
- Dimensions : 9.9 x 1.2 x 7 inches
- Book Name : The CDC Field Epidemiology Manual PDF
Download Link 1
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.