Features of Pathophysiology 8th Edition PDF
Pathophysiology 8th Edition PDF-Learn the what, how, and why of pathophysiology! With easy-to-read, in-depthdescriptions of disease, disease etiology, and disease processes, Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 8th Edition helps you understand the most important and most complex pathophysiology concepts. This updated text includes more than 1,300 full-color illustrations and photographs to make it easier to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function. This edition includes a NEW chapter on obesity and nutritional disorders, along withexpanded coverage of rare diseases and epigenetics. It’s the most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology text available!
- The most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology text on the market provides unparalleled coverage of Pathophysiology content.
- Over 1,300 full-color illustrations and photographs depict the clinical manifestations of disease and disease processes ― more than in any other pathophysiology text.
- Consistent presentation of diseases includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment.
- Lifespan content includes ten separate pediatric chapters and special sections with aging and pediatrics content.
- Outstanding authors Kathryn McCance and Sue Huether have extensive backgrounds as researchers and instructors, and utilize expert contributors, consultants, and reviewers in developing this edition.
- Algorithmsand flowcharts of diseases and disorders make it easy for you to follow the sequential progression of disease processes.
- Additional What’s New boxes highlight the most current research and clinical development.
- Nutrition and Disease boxes explain the link between concepts of health promotion and disease.
- Chapter summary reviews provide concise synopses of the main points of each chapter.
- NEW! Chapter on obesity and nutritional disorders thoroughly covers these growing global concerns.
- NEW! Added coverage of rare diseases and epigenetics further explore genetic disease traits.
- NEW! Over 50 new or heavily revised illustrations visually highlight pathophysiology concepts.
- NEW! More than 30 new 3D animations on Evolve bring difficult concepts to life for a new perspective on disease processes.
Recommended Books For You
Handbook of Obstetric Medicine 5th Edition PDF Free Download
Human Physiology 15th Edition PDF Download Free
Description of Pathophysiology 8th Edition PDF
Pathophysiology 8th Edition PDF is one of the best-known books on the subject of basic medical sciences. This book covers all the cases and phenomenons a student and professional doctor might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime help in solving cases of diseases that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
Mike Piper is the author of several personal finance books and the popular blog Oblivious Investor (obliviousinvestor.com). He is a Missouri Licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, AARP Magazine, Forbes, CBS News, MarketWatch, and Morningstar.
Dimensions and Characteristics of Pathophysiology 8th Edition PDF
- Identification Number : 0323583474
- Publisher : Mosby; 8th edition (February 28, 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1720 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 9780323583473
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-0323583473
- Item Weight : 8.09 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.7 x 2.6 x 11 inches
- Book Name : Pathophysiology 8th Edition PDF
Download Link 1
lme “I can’t believe the errors in the book. How many editions has it gone through? View the table with ICPs. View the chapter summary on Endocrine and you will see. The errors in both the class lecture at UT Arlington (based on this book) and the book would trip me up for hours. This book is HUGE and not portable. The print is minuscule so my eyes get tired easily. Get out your readers! McCance goes into nitty gritty detail regarding many subjects that only researchers in a lab would need to know. Then McCance completely leaves out pertinent real life information you will need for patient care. Breast cancer is a very prevalent disease unfortunately, but McCance does not even touch on the main types of breast cancer: triple negative, triple positive, hormone positive, HER2 status, etc.. As a practitioner this is basic information to understand/know when working with your patients.”
Edit: For those seeking the SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL, if you turn to the “Ancillaries” portion within the PREFACE of the book (it’s in the e-Book as well), you will find a website to the supplemental material offered by the publisher, Elsevier. I too struggled with finding this, and my university required this supplemental info as part of the curriculum. It’s not something that is offered with a key code. You simply access the website (which won’t allow me to post) and create an account.”
Shaneka Sturdivent “So, I am a student in a nurse practitioner program. As a means to save money on textbooks, I have been renting the Kindle versions of the required textbooks. My first two semesters I have not run into any problems. I started a new semester on 4/6/2021. Today is 4/7/2021.
This book has inaccurate page numbers. I have provided screen shots to show this.
1.) The photo that has the url of bookshelf.vitalsource.com is a version of this textbook with accurate page numbers. This is not the Kindle version. I have circled the page numbers. This book was purchased through my schools bookstore. Of course it costs twice as much as the Kindle version.
2.) Another photo shows the kindle version. Chapter 4 starts on page 133. However, the Kindle version shows Page 364 on the bottom. There are no actual page numbers on the pages shown.
3.) Another photo shows that my required reading lists page numbers. We are not required to read the entire chapters because we are testing ONLY on the pages listed in the required reading. This is to make an 11 week course more realistic when using a textbook with thousands of pages. However, because the Kindle version has inaccurate page numbers, I am not able to use this book. That is money wasted.
4.) Another photo shows the Kindle version of my genetics textbook. The page numbers are accurate and the page numbers are actually shown on each page displayed.
I’m not saying the quality of the book is bad, outside of the page numbers are inaccurate which makes it unusable for my graduate level college course.”
Stephanie Voss “I literally don’t know how this textbook is as highly rated on here as it is. I have been sorely disappointed by it. First and perhaps most egregiously, it is terribly edited, with some paragraphs repeating word-for-word. Other times it’s like the authors tried to rework/rewrite a paragraph, but left in the old phrasing along with the new. I’ve never encountered such poor editing in a professional reference.
Secondly, it feels more like a reference for biomedical or pharmacologic research. There are literally 25 pages about the latest in breast cancer research, down to a molecular bio level–and very little of it applicable to patient care. Meanwhile, important info that might actually help the reader to be a better clinician is mentioned briefly, or not at all.
Sometimes, the phrasing or explanations feel more like the authors are trying to impress fellow professional colleagues with their word choices, as opposed to teach students who are trying to grasp new knowledge.
Usually, I love to read, and I love to learn. I find physiology and patho fascinating. This textbook does a disservice to both of these fields.
I gave it two stars instead of one only because some of the diagrams are pretty good.”
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.