Urology continues to be one of the most rapidly advancing specialities. Approximately 20% of all surgical operations and a similar percentage of surgical emergencies are urological in nature. However, often doctors have very limited experience of the many common and varied conditions encountered in this important surgical specialty. For the doctor or nurse expected to provide the initial assessment and management of a condition with which he or she has had very limited experience, this handbook (The Oxford Handbook of Urology PDF 3rd Edition) provides an invaluable source of information and advice.
Covering a wide spectrum of diseases and their treatment in the field of urology and surgical aspects of kidney, bladder, prostate and scrotal disorders, this handbook aims to give a brief overview of many different urological subjects including urological emergencies, cancers, infections, children’s disorders and kidney stone disease. It is designed so that it can be quickly and efficiently accessed by a range of professionals involved in patient care, including medical students, nurses, surgical and urology doctors and general practitioners.
Thoroughly revised for the third edition, the Oxford Handbook of Urology covers all recent guidelines and criteria including the significant advances in medical and surgical options that are now available to patients; key papers and national recommendations in the field of neurourology; expanded information on medical therapy of bladder overactivity and additional information on subjects including urethral diverticulum, pelvic organ prolapse, dialysis and renal transplantation, antenatal hydronephrosis, megaureters, and incontinence in children. An invaluable tool relevant not only to specialist trainees and specialist registrars on urology and surgical rotations, but also to general practitioners, emergency staff and the growing number of urological specialist nurses.
Recommended Books For You
Description of The Oxford Handbook Of Urology PDF 3rd Edition
The Oxford Handbook Of Urology PDF 3rd Edition is one of the best production of the Oxford Handbook series as this book covers all the topics related to the subject of urology and provides all the basic information a medical student and a practitioner would require in the urology department while dealing with patients who present urological symptoms and diseases. It is a must buy book for all. Highly Commended in the Surgical Specialties category of the BMA Book Awards 2014.
- A compact yet comprehensive guide to the rapidly advancing field of urology
- Quick reference guide to the correct approach to diagnosis and management, using bullet pointed information, charts, diagrams, and management pathways
- Features guidelines based on recommendations from internationally recognised organisations incorporating the latest evidence based research
- An excellent revision tool for clinical medical students and surgical trainee finals
New to this Edition:
- Covers new national and international guidelines and criteria
- Includes key papers and national recommendations in the field of neurourology
- Expanded information on medical therapy of bladder overactivity with relevant anticholinergic drug trials and evidence
- New topics in paediatric urology and on subjects including urethral diverticulum, pelvic organ prolapse, dialysis and renal transplantation.
John Reynard is a consultant urological surgeon based in Oxford. He also provides a specialist neurourological service for patients with spinal cord injury at the National Spinal Injuries Centre at Stoke Mandeville Hospital. He has published widely in the field of neurourology. He teaches medical students from the University of Oxford Clinical Medical on a variety of topics and has written several books on urological subjects for both medical students and trainee surgeons. Mr Simon F Brewster BSc MD FRCS (Urol.) is Consultant Urological Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of Oxford. His main clinical and research interest is prostate cancer, with over 70 journal publications and contributions in 3 textbooks. He sits on the Boards of the British Association of Urological Surgeons and European Association of Urology Sections of Oncology. Simon is a Fellow of Hertford College in Oxford; he enjoys teaching and lecturing students and surgical trainees. Suzanne Biers works as a Consultant Urological Surgeon at Addenbrooke’s Hospital (Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust). Her subspecialist practice is in bladder dysfunction, incontinence and reconstruction. Her background includes bladder physiology and pharmacology MD research at Oxford University Department of Pharmacology, and she continues to research and publish in the field of bladder dysfunction and related subjects. She has undergone a fellowship in female urology with urogynaecology, and a period of specialist training in paediatric urology. She has been actively involved in emergency urology, pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence and reconstruction teaching courses and seminars.
Editorial Reviews For The Oxford Handbook of Urology PDF 3rd Edition
The book covers the breadth of urology and its brevity for each topic makes it accessible to the generalist but it has sufficient depth (and good referencing) to be of use to specialist trainees. I regularly recommend this book to medical students and junior colleagues. (BMA Book Awards 2014. Highly Commended)
Physicians appreciate practical and quite exhaustive sources of information which aim to facilitate procedures or provide support with their daily practice… This pocketbook is undoubtedly an outstanding tool for everyone and we recommend it to all urologists, regardless of their level of practice. (European Urology Today)
The Oxford Medical Handbooks have always impressed me for how accessible and easy to understand they are, whilst also having an impressive amount of detail. This very much applies to this third edition of the Oxford Handbook of Urology. Firstly the book has an excellent layout with common and important topics broken down into sensible headings. It is very easy to find what you need within the book and there is an appropriate distribution of detail with common topics being thoroughly explained… The core topics are covered with surprising detail for a handbook. On top of this there is coverage of topics relevant for the practice of urology such as basic renal physiology and how to communicate effectively with patients, making a very rounded and complete handbook for this field, (Urology News, August 2013)
User Reviews For The Oxford Handbook of Urology PDF 3rd Edition
- I’m actually a nursing student, however I’m delivering a PowerPoint into urological cancer and wanted something with a bit more detail to use. It’s easy to read, informative and set out in a way that is easy to use. I’m really enjoying reading this books and learning more about urology, a topic until recently I would avoided at all costs.
- Nice to have. The only thing in the kindle version is to go back to previous page. Particularly if you look at the reference. Otherwise very good
- The Oxford Medical Handbooks have always impressed me for how accessible and easy to understand they are, whilst also having an impressive amount of detail. This very much applies to this third edition of the Oxford Handbook of Urology PDF. Firstly the book has an excellent layout with common and important topics broken down into sensible headings. It is very easy to find what you need within the book and there is an appropriate distribution of detail with common topics being thoroughly explained. There can be difficulty in making such a concise textbook for a broad topic. One would expect the use of bullet points to display copious amounts of information within a handbook. However, although the Oxford Handbook of Urology does utilise tables for relevant data, it also promotes an understanding of topics through easy to read and to-the-point summaries. An example of this is the comprehensive table of prostate cancer staging, followed by succinct explanations of the management and outcomes of the different stages. The core topics are covered with surprising detail for a handbook. On top of this there is coverage of topics relevant for the practice of urology such as basic renal physiology and how to communicate effectively with patients, making a very rounded and complete handbook for this field. This is an ideal introduction for junior doctors into the specialty. There is a particularly nice section on urological surgery and equipment. This includes pictures and explanations of equipment used in theatres, perfect for improving a junior doctor’s understanding and comfort within a theatre environment. It also has summaries of operations commonly performed. Within these are indications and the complications of each, reinforcing not only how each is done but also when and why it should be done, and what to be aware of afterwards. For a senior urologist it has all the important updates in urological current evidence, conducive for excellent evidence-based practice. As a trainee this book will be invaluable to me.
Table of Contents
Below are listed all the units that are included in the Oxford Handbook of Urology PDF 3rd Edition Ebook:
1: General Principles of Management of Patients
2: Significance and Preliminary Investigation of Urological Symptoms and Signs
3: Urological Investigations
4: Bladder Outlet Obstruction
5: Incontinence and Female Urology
6: Infections and Inflammatory Conditions
7: Urological Neoplasia
8: Miscellaneous Urological Disease of the Kidney
9: Stone Disease
10: Upper Tract Obstruction, Loin Pain, Hydronephrosis
11: Trauma to the Urinary Tract and Oher Urological Emergencies
13: Sexual Health
14: Neuropathic Bladder
15: Urological Problems in Pregnancy
16: Paediatric Urology
17: Urological Surgery and Equipment
18: Basic Science and Renal Transplant
19: Urological Eponyms
Dimensions and Characters Of The Oxford Handbook of Urology PDF 3rd Edition
- File Size: 4.9 MBs
- 864 Pages
- English Language
- 5.9-Star Rating
- Oxford Handbook Series
Download Button For The Oxford Handbook of Urology PDF 3rd Edition
Below is a White Download button for the Oxford Handbook of Urology PDF 3rd Edition Ebook. Click it to start your free download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.