Fully reviewed and revised for its second edition, the Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology PDF maintains its position as the must-have guide to all aspects of infectious diseases and microbiology. Reflecting the current approach to joint postgraduate training programmes, the handbook takes an integrated approach to both subjects. It covers the basic principles of bacteriology and virology, along with specific guidance on individual diseases and conditions, all in the accessible Oxford Handbook style.
Now including new topics on important subjects such as microbiology specimen collection, commonly used media, molecular diagnostics, and antimicrobials in pregnancy, as well as incorporating new guidelines from WHO, NICE, and BASHH among others, this handbook ensures that the informaiton you need is accessible, clear, and easy-to-understand.
Practical and comprehensive, this handbook includes coverage of National Frameworks and current legislation, together with information on topical issues such as bioterrorism and preventative medicine. Fully reviewed by specialist senior readers, and with useful links to up-to-date clinical information and online resources, this is an important addition to the Oxford Handbook Series.
- A comprehensive pocket-sized guide to all areas of infectious disease and microbiology
- Covers the basic principles of bacteriology and virology, plus detailed descriptions of diseases and conditions
- Up-to-date with the most recent advances, current legislation and ‘hot topics’, including bioterrorism
- Includes quick reference material with links to useful contacts and online resources
New to this Edition:
- Includes new topics such as microbiology specimen collection, commonly used media, molecular diagnostics, and antimicrobials in pregnancy
- Incorporates new guidelines published since the previous edition, with weblinks where available
Recommended Downloads For You
Description of Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology PDF 2nd Edition
the Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology PDF 2nd Edition is one book every practitioner, specialist and medical student should read atleast once in their life. Medical students though can always use it for their board exams too and the USMLE exams as this book covers the whole course of the subject of microbiology and provides information about all microorganisms and their diseases. Download today.
Estée Török trained in Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology in Oxford. Prior to this she was a Clinical Research Fellow based at the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit in Vietnam. Her research interests are HIV, tuberculosis, central nervous system infections and the development of diagnostic tests for the developing world. Ed Moran is a registrar in Infectious Disease and General Medicine. He trained in Cambridge, studied for the Diploma in Tropical Medicine in Liverpool and undertook his PhD in Dengue Fever immunology in Oxford and Vietnam. He has worked as a physician in the UK and South Africa, and is currently based at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. Fiona Cooke trained in Medical Microbiology in London and Cambridge. She completed her PhD at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute. Her interests are gastro-intestinal infections, bacterial genomics and the development of molecular tests.
Walter Kluwers Editorial Review
An essential tool that would fit into most medical scrub and lab coat pockets… also a good recommendation for students preparing for medical examinations (Oliver Schildgen, Wolters Kluwer Health)
- As usual as all books in Oxford handbook range it served you well as reference book. I have sold it on now as I have moved into another speciality
- Overall this book is good value. As stated by previous reviewers it is digestible, portable and comprehensive considering its size. It is mostly a summary of Mandell (pick any bug; read the relevant chapters from each book and you will notice a remarkable similarity!) which has to be a good thing. The format allows you to search and read either by bug or by disease and contains some useful infection prevention tips.
Table of Contents
Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology PDF 2nd Edition holds the following Units:
1: Basic antimicrobials
5: Antiparasitic therapy
6: Infection control
2: Systemic microbiology
3: Clinical syndromes
14: Respiratory, head, and neck infections
15: Cardiovascular infections
16: Gastrointestinal infections
17: Urinary tract infections
18: Sexually transmitted infections
19: Neurological infections
20: Ophthalmological infections
21: Skin and soft tissue infections
22: Bone and joint infections
23: Pregnancy and childhood
24: Immunodeficiency and HIV
25: Health protection
Dimensions and Characters of Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology PDF 2nd Edition
- 912 pages
- File Size: 4 MBs
- English Language
- 4.4-Star Rating
- Oxford Handbook Series
Download Link for the Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology PDF 2nd Edition
Below is a Blue Download Button for the Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology PDF 2nd Edition File. Click it to start downloading your free book.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.