Kumar and Clark’s Pass Finals PDF is a notes-style summary of the key facts to know for the diagnosis and management of important diseases. The book relates to Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine, and it’s synoptic approach is intended to help time-poor students with revision for final exams in medicine. Information is presented as bullet point lists and short summaries. There are also practice self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter, with explanatory answers at the end of the book.
- Focuses on the most important medical specialities, including cardiology, neurology, GI, and respiratory medicine
- Introductory chapters give tips on preparing for exams and explanations of the types of questions that will be encountered
- Important background information on pharmacology, radiology and imaging and clinical investigations is covered in discrete chapters
- Uses a basic outline for explaining each disease – physical examination, investigations and management – summarised in a succinct and clear way
- Examples of OSCE stations and advice on how to approach them included in all chapters
- Increased use of line diagrams and breakout boxes for important topics
- X-ray images and CT scans added
- More self-assessment questions
Recommended Books For You
Description of Kumar and Clark’s Pass Finals PDF 3rd Edition
This book should be read in addition to Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine 9th edition which is given above as it adds the best points and information to the study of clinical medicine. This ebook is a perfect companion for anyone who believes they have read the Kumar and Clark’s Clinical medicine to the best of learning. Download it now and start studying.
Dame Parveen June Kumar, Mrs Leaver, DBE (born 1 June 1942) is a British doctor who is currently Professor of Medicine and Education at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry. She is the President of the Royal Medical Benevolent Fund and also the President of the Medical Women’s Federation. She worked in the NHS for over 40 years as a consultant gastroenterologist and physician at Barts and the London Hospitals and the Homerton University Hospital. She was the President of the British Medical Association in 2006 and of the Royal Society of Medicine from 2012-2012, and was Vice President of the Royal College of Physicians 2003-2005. In addition, she was a founding non-executive director of the National Institute of Clinical Excellence, chaired the Medicines Commission UK until 2005, and also chaired the BUPA Foundation Charity for Research until 2013.
Dr. Michael Clark received his MD degree from the University of Alabama in Birmingham in 1979. After finishing his general surgery residency in 1984 from the Medical College of Georgia, he did a peripheral vascular surgical fellowship in Atlanta at Georgia Baptist Medical Center. Upon completion, he was invited to join the faculty and later served as an assistant clinical professor of the Georgia Baptist/ Medical College of Georgia Vascular Fellowship program until 2001. He then moved his private practice to St. Joseph’s, joining their Heart and Vascular Institute. Dr. Clark has been author or co-author of over 30 medical articles in multiple professional journals.
Editorial Review for Kumar and Clark’s Pass Finals PDF
‘Simply, I couldn’t have asked for a better guidebook than this . if you’re the no-nonsense type and want to get straight to business but you need a starting point, here it is no doubt.’
‘I really liked the bullet-point layout, it makes it easy to revise from. The format was good, going through clinical symptoms, investigations, management and complications – with diagrams.’
‘Essentially, each chapter is summarised in an easy-to-read format with questions at the end of each chapter to test your knowledge. Good diagrams, and well written. Easy to pick up and use at your leisure without having to re-read reams of text. Can’t think of any medical topic that isn’t covered in this book. Great for cramming before exams.’
‘Has the fear set in yet? I was an absolute wreck until I read Pass Finals, and, as the title suggests, one reading of this will see you through. Although based on Kumar & Clark, the book is fantastic on its own. Whether your course is more academic than clinical or your finals are OSCE, essays, long or short case, Pass Finals teaches you, reminds you and tests you on what you need to know. Remember common things present commonly! ECGs CXRs and even how to answer questions the best way are all included. This gets an instant 5/5 for readability, quality/content and usefulness for revision!’
- well the book is just a list of some points from the various diseases in a very and many times dangerously short format. It’s better to use this book only for revision after getting the grasp of the clinical entities from another book. Surely there are a lot of better books for rapid review like medicine recall.
- This book is indeed a very useful one adopting a list style for easy memorisation. To believe, however, that it will get you through finals alone is risky to say the least. A good idea is to use it conjunction with another more detailed book, the oxford handbook of clinical medicine for example.
Some chapters are not as good as others: Dermatology is especially poor i feel.
What would really make this book more special is if it contained the other specialties – obs & gynae, paediatrics, opthalmology, ENT etc …with detail only as much as what is appropriate for the MBBS syllabus.
overall, not a must – but a good memory tool.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters included in the Kumar and Clark’s Pass Finals PDF 3rd Edition:
- 1 How to pass medical finals.
- 2 Question types in medical finals.
- 3 Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs).
- 4 Pharmacology and therapeutics.
- 5 Radiology.
- 6 Clinical chemistry.
- 7 Infectious diseases.
- 8 Respiratory medicine.
- 9 Cardiology.
- 10 Gastroenterology and hepatology.
- 11 Rheumatology.
- 12 Dermatology.
- 13 Endocrinology.
- 14 Renal medicine.
- 15 Haematology.
- 16 Oncology and genetic disease.
- 17 Neurology.
- 18 Psychological medicine.
- 19 Statistics and evidence-based medicine.
- Appendix A. Answers to multiple choice questions.
- Appendix B. Answers to extended matching questions.
- Appendix C. Normal reference ranges / Normal values for laboratory tests.
Dimensions and Characters
- 554 Pages
- File Size: 20 MBs
- English Language
- 7-Star Rating
- Kumar and Clark’s Collection
Download Link for Kumar and Clark’s Pass Finals PDF 3rd Edition
Shown below is a blue download button for the Kumar and Clark’s Pass Finals PDF 3rd Edition ebook. Click it to start your free download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.