Introducing the Landmark Twentieth Edition of the Global Icon of Internal Medicine. Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20th Edition PDF.
The definitive guide to internal medicine is more essential than ever with the latest in disease mechanisms, updated clinical trial results and recommended guidelines, state of the art radiographic images, therapeutic approaches and specific treatments, hundreds of demonstrative full color drawings, and practical clinical decision trees and algorithms
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
Recognized by healthcare professionals worldwide as the leading authority on applied pathophysiology and clinical medicine, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine gives you the informational foundation you need to provide the best patient care possible.
Essential for practice and education, the landmark 20th Edition features:
- Thoroughly revised content―covering the many new breakthroughs and advances in clinical medicine that have occurred since the last edition of Harrison’s. Chapters on acute and chronic hepatitis, management of diabetes, immune based therapies in cancer, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease, HIV, and many more, deliver the very latest information on disease mechanisms, diagnostic options, and the specific treatment guidance you need to provide optimal patient care.
- State of the art coverage of disease mechanisms: Harrison’s focuses on pathophysiology with rigor, and with the goal of linking disease mechanisms to treatments. Improved understanding of how diseases develop and progress not only promotes better decision making and higher value care, but also makes for fascinating reading and improved retention. Harrison’s summarizes important new basic science developments, such as the role of mitochondria in programmed and necrotic cell death, the immune system’s role in cancer development and treatment, the impact of telomere shortening in the aging and disease processes, and the role of the microbiome in health and disease. Understanding the role of inflammation in cardiovascular disease, the precise mechanisms of immune deficiency in HIV/AIDS, prions and misfolded proteins in neurodegenerative diseases, and obesity as a predisposition to diabetes are just a few examples of how this edition provides essential pathophysiology information for health professionals.
- All new sections covering a wide range of new and emerging areas of vital interest to all healthcare professionals. New sections include: Sex and Gender based Issues in Medicine; Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, and Metabolic Syndrome; and Consultative Medicine― Plus, a new Part covering cutting edge topics in research and clinical medicine includes great new chapters on the role of Epigenetics in Health and Disease, Behavioral Strategies to Improve Health, Genomics and Infectious Diseases, Emerging Neuro Therapeutic Technologies, and Telomere Function in Health and Disease, and Network System Medicine.
- Important and timely new chapters―such as Promoting Good Health, LGBT Health, Systems of Healthcare, Approach to Medical Consultation, Pharmacogenomics, Antimicrobial Resistance, Worldwide Changes in Patterns of Infectious Diseases, Neuromyelitis Optica, and more―offer the very latest, definitive perspectives on must know topics in medical education and practice.
- Updated clinical guidelines, expert opinions, and treatment approaches from renowned editors and authors contribute to the accuracy and immediacy of the text material and present a clear blueprint for optimizing patient recovery.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20th Edition PDF
This book for the subject of internal medicine is one of the best books for a student or a health professional to look upto as it is the latest edition of the best selling book for 3 years consecutively. It has all the essential knowledge of everything related to internal medicine and those who get this book on their fingertips do not need any more learning. Download now.
J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD
Robert G. Dunlop Professor of Medicine; Dean, Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine; Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania for the Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Anthony S. Fauci, MD
Chief, Laboratory of Immunoregulation; Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Dennis L. Kasper, MD
William Ellery Channing Professor of Medicine and Professor of Microbiology and Immunobiology, Division of Immunology, Department of Microbiology and Immunobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Stephen L. Hauser, MD
Director, UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences; Robert A. Fishman Distinguished Professor, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Dan L. Longo, MD
Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Senior Physician, Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Deputy Editor, New England Journal of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
Joseph Loscalzo, MD, PhD
Hersey Professor of the Theory and Practice of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Chairman, Department of Medicine; Physician-in-Chief, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
From The Back Cover
5 STAR REVIEW FROM DOODY’S
“This is a book for all students of medicine no matter their level of experience.”
“…the leading comprehensive authority in internal medicine.”
ReviewerVincent Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP (Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences)
DescriptionFor internal medicine specialists, Harrison’s has been the go-to reference on the current understanding of pathophysiology for decades. This 20th edition updates the 19th edition published in 2012.
PurposeThe purpose remains the same: to provide a comprehensive, up-to-date reference for learners throughout their careers, from medical students through experienced attending physicians and consultants.
AudienceThis is a book for all students of medicine no matter their level of experience. The authors have brought together the most knowledgeable and experienced experts to review the latest updates from the journal literature to provide a foundation for the practice of medicine.
FeaturesThe book is divided into 20 parts that cover broad topics such as the profession of medicine, cardinal manifestations and presentation of disease, oncology and hematology, immune-mediated, inflammatory, and rheumatological diseases, and disorders associated with environmental exposures. The parts are further divided into specific topic sections, such as pain, therapy for bacterial disease, neurologic critical care. Finally, these sections are subdivided into chapters covering conditions such as urticaria, angioedema, and allergic rhinitis, with lists of further reading suggestions. Throughout the book, there are a great number of full-color figures, algorithms, and intuitive tables to support the text. As readers become familiar with the book’s format, it is very easy to use the pertinent patient management algorithm in the front cover page that refers them directly to the relevant page. There is also a listing of available videos; supplemental topics, such as microbial bioterrorism, technique of lumbar puncture; and atlases of rashes, oral manifestations of disease, and electrocardiography. An electronic version of the book is available for separate purchase through the AccessMedicine website, which allows a 30-day trial subscription.Assessment This new edition continues the outstanding history of this book as the leading comprehensive authority in internal medicine.
Dimensions and Characters of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20th Edition PDF
- File Size: 51.4 MBs
- English Language
- 866 Pages
- 5-Star Rating
- Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20th Edition PDF
Download Button for Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20th Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20th Edition PDF. Click it to get your free book now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests