An understanding of current trauma imaging concepts is essential for all medical personnel involved in the care of trauma patients where the outcome may depend on a rapid assessment of the nature and severity of injuries, allowing appropriate medical management and surgical or non-surgical intervention. Containing more than 300 state of the art full colour images, the ABC of Imaging in Trauma PDF addresses this increasingly important area and provides a concise and practical guide to the role, performance and interpretation of emergency imaging procedures in disaster victims and major trauma patients, and focuses on the use of CT, ultrasound, and MRI scanning to diagnose such patients. It is ideal for the non specialist and emergency physicians, Foundation doctors, trainee radiologists, and specialist trauma nurses.
Recommended Books For You
Imaging In Rheumatology PDF DOWNLOAD
OXFORD HANDBOOK OF CLINICAL MEDICINE PDF 10th Edition
Description of ABC of Imaging in Trauma PDF
This ABC series book is one of the best books available for imaging in cases of trauma. It will provide you with all the basic visualities when any patient comes in for imaging in any case of trauma as trauma is mostly to some specific areas when it causes damage. All the basic visualizations can be found in this book and will prove to be helpful for you till the end of time.
Dr. Leonard J King MB ChB FRCP FRCR, Consultant Radiologist, Clinical Lead for Trauma and Orthopaedic imaging at Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust and former Consultant Adviser inRadiology to the British Army.
Professor David C Wherry MD FACS FRCS LRCP DMCC, Department of Surgery, USUHS (Uniformed Services of the University of Health Sciences), Bethesda, Maryland, USA. Professor Wherry is a trauma surgeon with the US armed services. He is a renowned educator and teaches courses at the Royal College of Surgeons in London.
“This is a good overview for trainees or non-trauma specialists.Line drawings and images effectively illustrate many of thetechnical considerations in injury detection.” (Doody’s, 23September 2011)
Overall, this book, written by leading experts provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview. Well written and contains many medical images and illustrative material of excellent quality.” European Radiology “All in all, the book is a true and valuable guide for medical practice, due to the up-to-date information based on scientific studies and on the wide practical experience of the authors of each chapter. It has a clear and concise language and provides numerous medical images, of the best quality, suggestive for each subject considered.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters included in the ABC of Imaging in Trauma PDF ebook along with the names of authors of each chapter:
- List of Contributors.
- 1 Introduction ( Leonard J. King and David C. Wherry ).
- 2 Head and Neck Trauma ( Simon Barker, Jason H. M. Macdonald and Antonio Belli ).
- 3 Chest Trauma ( Ioannis Vlahos and Howard Champion ).
- 4 Abdominal Trauma ( Niall Power and Mark W. Bowyer ).
- 5 Pelvic Trauma ( Madeleine Sampson and Gavin Bowyer ).
- 6 Cervical Spine Trauma ( Sivadas Ganeshalingam, Muaaze Ahmad, Evan Davies and Leonard J. King ).
- 7 Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Trauma ( Sivadas Ganeshalingam, Muaaze Ahmad, Evan Davies and Leonard J. King ).
- 8 Vascular Trauma and Interventional Radiology ( Clare L. Bent and Matthew B. Matson).
- 9 Upper Limb Injuries ( James Teh, David Gay and Richard A. Schaefer ).
- 10 Lower Limb Injuries ( David Elias and Richard A. Schaefer ).
- 11 Paediatric Trauma ( Mark Griffi ths and Catherine Cord-Uday ).
- 12 Imaging Trauma in Pregnancy ( Mark P. Bernstein and Anne G. Rizzo ).
- 13 Bullets, Bombs and Ballistics ( Peter K. Ellis, Iain Gibb and James Ryan ).
- 14 Imaging of Major Incidents and Mass Casualty Situations ( James H. Street, Christopher Burns, Xzabia Caliste, Mark W. Bowyer and Leonard J. King ).
Dimensions and Characters of ABC of Imaging in Trauma PDF
- File Size: 17 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- ABC Series
- 144 Pages
Download Link for ABC of Imaging in Trauma PDF
Shown below is a blue highlighted text for the download link of ABC of Imaging in Trauma PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.