Written in a rapid-fire question-and-answer format, Surgical Recall 8th edition pdf is a best-selling, high-yield reference for clerkship students. Covering both general surgery and surgical subspecialties, this portable resource provides accurate, on-the-spot answers to the questions you’re most likely to encounter during your rotations and on the shelf exam . The eighth edition—now in full color—distills the content even further to give you exactly what you need: survival tactics and tips for success, key information for those new to the surgical suite, and expanded opportunities for self-assessment in a variety of formats.
- Strategic two-column format provides chapter content in the form of questions on the left and answers on the right to facilitate quick, effective review.
- Brand-new Rapid-Fire Reviews at the end of most chapters let you test your knowledge of chapter content, and also help you get familiar with finding the words that are key to unraveling clinical vignettes throughout the book.
- Detailed color illustrations enhance understanding.
- Surgical Overview and Background sections are packed with practical advice and tricks of the trade.
- Hundreds of mnemonics, acronyms, tips, prompts, and hints help you master and retain essential knowledge.
- Concise procedure descriptions and relevant anatomy prepare you to serve as an active participant in the operating suite.
- All-new pre- and post-book tests show you what areas to study and then how well you have mastered them.
Recommended Books For You
Bailey and Love’s Practice of Surgery Latest Edition Download
Description of Surgical Recall 8th Edition PDF
This book for the subject of surgery is one of the best medical books available for students out here to look upto for their higher studies and for a strong grasp in their college days. It is a must download for every student out there wanting to excel in the field of surgery. Download this book now.
Dr. Lorne H Blackbourne is a General Surgery Specialist in Round Rock, Texas. He graduated with honors from University Of Virginia School Of Medicine in 1990. Having more than 29 years of diverse experiences, especially in GENERAL SURGERY, CRITICAL CARE (INTENSIVISTS), Dr. Lorne H Blackbourne affiliates with Hca Houston Healthcare Northwest, cooperates with many other doctors and specialists in medical group Acute Surgical Care Specialists Pllc. Call Dr. Lorne H Blackbourne on phone number (512) 341-6612 for more information and advice or to book an appointment.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Surgical Recall 8th Edition PDF ebook.
OVERVIEW AND BACKGROUND SURGICAL INFORMATION
1. Introduction 1
Surgical Notes 9
Common Abbreviations You Should Know 15
Glossary of Surgical Terms You Should Know 18
Surgery Signs, Triads, etc., You Should Know 25
2. Surgical Syndromes 32
3. Surgical Most Commons 35
4. Surgical Percentages 38
5. Surgical History 40
6. Surgical Instruments 42
7. Sutures and Stitches 52
8. Surgical Knot Tying 60
9. Procedures for the Surgical Ward and Clinic 65
10. Incisions 72
11. Surgical Positions 77
12. Surgical Speak 78
13. Preoperative 101 79
14. Surgical Operations You Should Know 81
15. Wounds 90
16. Drains and Tubes 91
17. Surgical Anatomy Pearls 102
18. Fluids and Electrolytes 106
19. Blood and Blood Products 122
20. Surgical Hemostasis 127
21. Common Surgical Medications 129
22. Complications 136
23. Common Causes of Ward Emergencies 153
24. Surgical Respiratory Care 155
25. Surgical Nutrition 157
26. Shock 162
27. Surgical Infection 167
28. Fever 177
29. Surgical Prophylaxis 180
30. Surgical Radiology 181
31. Anesthesia 188
32. Surgical Ulcers 193
33. Surgical Oncology 194
34. GI Hormones and Physiology 196
35. Acute Abdomen and Referred Pain 200
36. Hernias 206
37. Laparoscopy 219
38. Trauma 222
39. Burns 242
40. Upper GI Bleeding 249
41. The Stomach 266
42. Bariatric Surgery 273
43. Ostomies 275
44. Small Intestine 277
45. The Appendix 285
46. Carcinoid Tumors 292
47. Fistulas 296
48. Colon and Rectum 299
49. The Anus 316
50. Lower GI Bleeding 324
51. Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Crohn’s
Disease and Ulcerative Colitis 328
52. Liver 335
53. Portal Hypertension 346
54. Biliary Tract 353
55. Pancreas 370
56. The Breast 386
57. Endocrine 405
58. Thyroid Gland 424
59. Parathyroid 438
60. Spleen and Splenectomy 444
61. Surgically Correctable HTN 449
62. Soft Tissue Sarcomas and Lymphomas 450
63. Skin Lesions 455
64. Melanoma 458
65. Surgical Intensive Care 464
66. Vascular Surgery 477
67. Pediatric Surgery 504
68. Plastic Surgery 559
69. Hand Surgery 564
70. Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery 571
71. Thoracic Surgery 605
72. Cardiovascular Surgery 632
73. Transplant Surgery 655
74. Orthopaedic Surgery 674
75. Neurosurgery 703
76. Urology 725
77. Ophthalmology 748
Figure Credits 752
Dimensions and Characters of Surgical Recall 8th Edition PDF
- 640 Pages
- File Size: 12MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Surgical Recall Latest Edition Download
Download Button for Surgical Recall 8th Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for Surgical Recall 8th Edition PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.