Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Prepare your students for successful practice and NCLEX-PN success with this updated 11th Edition of Roach’s Introductory Clinical Pharmacology. Developed by nurses for nurses, this practice-oriented text not only helps students learn about drugs and their effect on real people, but also models how to relay this information to patients. Known for its impeccably accurate drug content, this bestseller focuses on basic principles and the nurse’s responsibility in medication management. The book’s easy-to-understand writing style combines with empowering online resources, including videos, NCLEX-PN-style review questions, and drug monographs, to help students hone their critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they master one of the most challenging content areas in the curriculum.
- NEW! Unique Concept Mapping introduced in Chapter 5, Patient Education help students both process and visualize important concepts.
- NEW! A List of Abbreviations is now on the inside back cover for easy reference.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts highlight and clarify commonly misunderstood concepts.
- Pharmacology in Practice Case Studies focus on assessment, administration, or teaching issues that affect real-life patients and are revisited in the Think Critically questions which ask students to explore options and make clinical judgments related to the administration of drugs.
- The Nursing Process framework presents care of the patient as it relates to the drug and drug regimen, as well as Checklists of Relevant Nursing Diagnoses.
- Patient Case Study scenarios threaded through each chapter offer a “simulation-focus” to help students get a sense of real world nursing.
- Nursing Alerts quickly identify urgent nursing actions that may be required when managing a patient receiving a specific drug or drug category through.
- Drug Interaction Tables provide at-a-glance information about the likelihood of a patient problem when multiple drugs are given.
- Summary Drug Tables list drugs from the classes discussed in each chapter, including names, uses, frequent adverse reactions, and general dosing information.
- Lifespan Considerations boxes meet the needs of specific populations at risk or needing specific drug administration considerations through practical.
- Herbal Considerations boxes provide information on herbs and complementary and alternative remedies.
- Chronic Care Considerations prepare for situations that may arise during drug therapy for patients with chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, hypertension, or epilepsy, including issues of polypharmacy through.
- Know Your Drugs (matching questions), Calculate Medication Dosages (dosage calculation questions), and Prepare for NCLEX-PN (NCLEX-style questions), appear at the end of each drug chapter.
- Learning Objectives, Key Terms, and Drug Class lists identify potential errors and safety concerns to help students focus their reading and enhance their mastery of course concepts.
- An updated Appendix H (NCLEX-PN test plan) addresses he latest test plan, as well as the concept-based curricula through additional definitions and links to content items in the text that correspond to concept-based teaching strategies
This leading content is also incorporated into Lippincott CoursePoint, a dynamic learning solution that integrates this book’s curriculum, adaptive learning tools, real-time data reporting, and the latest evidence-based practice content together into one powerful student education solution. Lippincott CoursePoint improves the nursing students’ critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills to prepare them for practice. Learn more at www.NursingEducationSuccess.com/CoursePoint.
BASIC AND CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY PDF BOOK DOWNLOAD
Description of Roach’s Introductory Clinical Pharmacology 11th Edition Pdf
This popular Roach’s Introductory Clinical Pharmacology series is gaining widespread popularity among medical students because of its high standard of making the subject easy to understand and remember for longer times. This 11th edition is the proof of how well this book is doing on the market and every student whether they be in their first year or final years of study should seriously consider getting this one for themselves.
- I bought this book for Level 2 nursing classes that have not started yet. It has been a great help with Level 1 as well. It breaks everything down for you. It has been great for working on my drug cards as well. Nursing students can not go wrong buying this book even for level one meds. I am very happy I decided to buy while still in level 1.
- Beware of the test bank for this book. Many of the questions come from different chapters. Test questions are not covered in the chapter and many questions concerning drugs that are referenced no where. This is a well written book with a lot of great information. Too bad the test bank questions seem to come from a different edition. I can’t wait to set this book on fire.
TAA member Susan M. Ford is a Professor Emeritus with the Tacoma Community College Nursing Program and a textbook author in the nursing discipline.
She recently published the 11th edition of Roach’s Introductory Clinical Pharmacology as the sole author. It just hit the shelves in October 2017. She writes about pharmacology in the context of nursing practice – which has led her to contribute to two other textbooks and a number of online modules to compliment a 3rd nursing textbook. She is also a reviewer for a number of nursing textbooks.
Table of Contents
Roach’s Introductory Clinical Pharmacology 11th edition pdf ebook includes the following units with individual chapters inside each:
- Nursing Foundation of Clinical Pharmacology
- Drugs Used to Fight Infections
- Drugs Used to Manage Pain
- Drugs that Affect the Central Nervous System
- Drugs that Affect the Peripheral Nervous System
- Drugs that Affect the Neuromuscular System
- Drugs that Affect the Respiratory System
- Drugs that Affect the Cardiovascular System
- Drugs that Affect the Gastrointestinal System
- Drugs the Affect the Endocrine System
- Drugs the Affect the Urinary System
- Drugs the Affect the Immune System
- Drugs the Affect Other Body Systems
Characters and Dimensions of Roach’s introductory clinical pharmacology 11th edition Pdf
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- File Size: 50.2 MBs
- 736 Pages
Download Link for Roach’s introductory clinical pharmacology 11th edition Pdf
Below is a download link for Roach’s introductory clinical pharmacology 11th edition pdf ebook free
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.