Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Get the vital concepts, data, and how-to on medical-surgical nursing with the newly updated Medical-Surgical Nursing Made Incredibly Easy PDF, 4th Edition.
This fun-but-informative guide uses colorful drawings and diagrams to demonstrate the mechanisms and clinical indications of the most common disorders found in each body system—followed by clear-cut direction on assessments, interventions, and evidence-based treatments. An ideal support to class materials and NCLEX® preparation, this is also the perfect on-the-spot refresher for nurses in every kind of medical-surgical practice.
- NEW real-world guidance from “Nurse Joy” and “Nurse Jake”—expert tips and insights for medical-surgical nursing situations
- NEW quick-scan format with concise, easy-to-remember bulleted content
- Hundreds of colorful drawings, charts, and diagrams illustrating vital points
- Chapters covering disorders by body system, including cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, renal and urologic, reproductive, and musculoskeletal
- Current data and best practices on assessing and treating common disorders, including:
- Anatomy, etiology, and physiology
- Physical assessments
- Diagnostic testing
- Current NANDA International nursing diagnosis guidelines
- Step-by-step, expert guidance on vital skills, with real-life patient scenarios for areas including:
- Cancer, obesity, and gerontology care
- End-of-life care
- Fluids and electrolytes
- Acid-base balance
- Pain management
- Blood transfusion reactions
- Classifying and treating heart failure
- Use of CT scans, MRIs, and x-rays for each body system
- Preoperative care
- Surgical processes
- Special chapter features:
- A closer look – Illustrations that explain anatomy, physiology, and complex pathways
- Education edge – Patient teaching tips
- Just the facts – Brief outline of content at the start of every chapter
- What do I do? – Steps to take in emergency situations
- Weighing the evidence – Evidence-based practice pointers that support nursing actions
- Memory jogger – Memory tricks that help you remember key concepts and treatments
- Quick quiz – End-of-chapter riddles and multiple-choice questions to help you retain vital content
- Online supplementary materials:
- 1,000 NCLEX®-style questions in current NCLEX® exam format
- NCLEX® preparation tutorials
- Clinical simulation case studies
- Test-taking strategies and study techniques
Recommended Books For You
More NCLEX Books and Nursing Books
About the Clinical Editors
Carolyn Gersch, MSN, RN, PhD(c), is Director of the Division of Nursing and Chair of the RN-BSN Completion Program at Kettering College in Kettering, Ohio, and co-President of Connect: RN2ED, a nurse education consultancy.
Nicole Heimgartner, MSN, RN, COI, is an Associate Professor of Nursing at Kettering College in Kettering, Ohio, and co-President of Connect: RN2ED, a nurse education consultancy.
Cherie Rebar, PhD, MBA, RN, FNP, COI, is Director of the Division of Nursing and Chair of the Prelicensure Nursing Program at Kettering College in Kettering, Ohio, and co-President of Connect: RN2ED, a nurse education consultancy.
Laura Willis, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, is a Family Nurse Practitioner at the Little Clinic of Ohio LLC in Urbana, Ohio, and President of Connect: RN2ED, a nurse education consultancy.
The Author Of Medical-Surgical Nursing Made Incredibly Easy PDF
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) is an imprint of the publishing conglomerate Wolters Kluwer. Under the LWW brand, Wolters Kluwer publishes scientific, technical, and medical content such as textbooks, reference works, and over 275 scientific journals (most of which are medical or other public health journals). Publications are aimed at physicians, nurses, clinicians, and students.
Description of Medical-Surgical Nursing Made Incredibly Easy PDF
This ebook of nursing is one of the easiest books to study anytime anywhere for a nurse. This book adds humor to all the contents inside and makes it interesting for the reader. Recommended by the world leading nurses for this course and the number of editions turning out each year describe its importance. It is a must read book for all. Start studying now.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters in the medical-surgical nursing made incredibly easy pdf ebook:
- Chapter 1: Medical-Surgical Nursing Practice
- Chapter 2: The Nursing Process
- Chapter 3: Fluids and Electrolytes
- Chapter 4: Perioperative Care
- Chapter 5: Pain Management
- Chapter 6: Neurologic Disorders
- Chapter 7: Eye Disorders
- Chapter 8: Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders
- Chapter 9: Cardiovascular Disorders
- Chapter 10: Respiratory Disorders
- Chapter 11: Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Chapter 12: Endocrine Disorders
- Chapter 13: Renal and Urologic Disorders
- Chapter 14: Reproductive System Disorders
- Chapter 15: Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Chapter 16: Hematologic and Lymphatic Disorders
- Chapter 17: Immunologic Disorders
- Chapter 18: Skin Disorders
- Chapter 19: Cancer Care
- Chapter 20: Obesity
- Chapter 21: Gerontologic Care
- Chapter 22: End-of-Life Care NANDA Nursing Diagnoses
- Glossary Selected References
This book is good for the very basics, for maybe the first two semesters of RN school! It has great information, but not what I was looking for as far as improving test grades in restorative/ med-surg nursing. What HAS helped with that is Mosbys flash cards and books!! Highly recommend those for anyone struggling with NCLEX specifically. Good luck!!!
Really good aide in addition to text book. Explains different types of conditions in simple terms and every aspect whether it be signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, treatment, and how to interact with your patient.
Dimensions and Characters