Features of Care of the Jaundiced Neonate PDF
Care of the Jaundiced Neonate focuses exclusively on the scientific underpinnings of jaundice, as well as the care of the jaundiced neonate. Edited by three of the field’s most respected neonatal care experts, the book uniquely explains how the imbalance between bilirubin production and elimination leads to jaundice—and that hazardous levels of unconjugated bilirubin can cause kernicterus, or brain damage. In addition, you’ll find the most current and clinically relevant perspectives on the physiology, genetics, and treatment of neonatal jaundice and related hemolytic conditions. Care of the Jaundiced Neonate PDF
- Covers all aspects of neonatal jaundice—from the biochemistry of bilirubin production to kernicterus
- Begins with an in-depth examination of the complex gene-environment interactions of bilirubin-induced neurotoxicity and its role in neonatal jaundice.
- Surveys bilirubin production and measurement, its various fractions, and the metabolism and transport of bilirubin
- Selected chapters highlight the physiology and epidemiology of neonatal unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia; bilirubin toxicity; prevention, screening, and postnatal management; phototherapy and other treatments; and prevention-related public policy.
- Concluding chapter provides an overview of the key issues surrounding the incidence of neonatal jaundice in low-middle income countries.
- Includes informative review of risk assessment and treatment with phototherapy and other modalities provide key approaches to the effective clinical management of neonatal hyperbilirubinemia.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Care of the Jaundiced Neonate PDF
Health, anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, medicine, surgery, and nursing textbooks will likely be at your side throughout your medical studies, and you’ll be reading through countless scientific papers, but you might want to read something beforehand that gives you insight into the world of medicine in practice – whether that’s research, at the clinic or in the operating room. The most featured and reviewed on book Care of the Jaundiced Neonate PDF is available for grabs now here on our website free for students and professionals sole purpose of teaching and education. It has been boasted and proven with thousands of user reviews that it has all the information to make you one of the highly qualified professionals in the world of medicine and its branches. Without a doubt a masterpiece for those who aspire to be doctors or heal those they find in ailment. It is a must read again and again for everyone that can get their hands on this limited edition book. If you are a medical student or are still thinking about it, you will find yourself reading many books like encyclopedia health books. Being a medical student is not easy. Another of the many benefits of reading books is that it reduces stress and anxiety. As a medical student, it is normal for you to feel scared due to being overwhelmed. You’ll be completely focused on the story or advice, which calms you down and makes you happier, especially if you’re reading something happy and moving. When you finish reading, you can be calm enough to look at your problem differently. Every time you read a book, you build some relationship with these characters. Even if you are only different in paper and ink, you are still connected to that character. Sometimes you’re even in their thoughts. This alleviates the feeling of isolation because you feel connected to these characters. It also alleviates feelings of exhaustion and despair when you’re reading something exciting and happy. Download it now.
David K. Stevenson is Harold K. Faber Professor of Pediatrics, Professor of Ob-Gyn, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, and Vice Dean, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA; and Director, Charles B. and Ann L. Johnson Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Services, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford.
M. Jeffrey Maisels is Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine; Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Wayne State University School of Medicine; and Physician-in-Chief, Beaumont Children’s Hospital, Royal Oak, MI.
Jon F. Watchko is Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, and Professor of Ob-Gyn, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine; and Senior Scientist, Magee-Women’s Research Institute, Pittsburgh, PA.
Dimensions and Characteristics of Care of the Jaundiced Neonate PDF
- Identification Number : B008CFCOV8
- Publisher : McGraw Hill / Medical; 1st edition (June 1, 2012)
- Publication date : 1 June 2012
- Language : English
- File size : 52577 KB
- Text to speech : On
- Screen reader: : Supported
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not activated
- Word Wise : Not activated
- Number of pages : 569 pages
- Loan : Not activated
Excellent, in-depth, reliable, and current book that addresses all aspects of neonatal hyperbilirubinemia care. Leading global experts present the latest information as a ready resource for all who manage day-to-day newborn care, while at the same time providing a springboard for clinical research.
None of the books or software is hosted on our website. These are only links to external sources.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.