The ABC of Clinical Leadership PDF explores and develops the key principles of leadership and management. It outlines the scope of clinical leadership, emphasising its importance in the clinical context, especially for improving patient care and health outcomes in rapidly changing health systems and organisations. Using short illustrative case studies, the book takes a systematic approach to leadership of clinical services, systems and organisations; working with others and developing individual leadership skills.
This second edition has been fully updated to reflect recent developments in the field, including current thinking in leadership theory, as well as a focus throughout on workforce development and working in multidisciplinary healthcare teams. International examples are used to reflect global practice and two new chapters on leading projects and followership have been added.
Combining theory and practical clinical examples, and written by clinical educators with a wealth of experience of leadership in the clinical and educational environment, the ABC of Clinical Leadership PDF is an ideal resource for all healthcare professionals, both during training and for continuing professional development.
Recommended Books For You
Master the Boards USMLE Step 2 CK PDF
Clinical Vignettes for the USMLE PDF
FIRST AID FOR THE USMLE STEP 2 CK PDF 2018
Description of ABC of Clinical Leadership PDF
This book (ABC of Clinical Leadership) is one of the most motivating books a medical practitioner could read. It provides you with the confidence boost and motivation to work in any kind of stressing environment as a clinician. Every medical student should read this book during the final years of their medical life and will find it helpful till death.
Tim Swanwick, Senior Clinical Adviser, Health Education England; Visiting Professor in Medical Education and Leadership, University of Bedfordshire; Honorary Senior Lecturer Queen Mary University of London and Imperial College.
Judy McKimm, Director of Strategic Educational Development, Swansea University; Visiting Professor Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; Guest Professor Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China.
- Excellent introductory course to a subject that is very difficult to teach.
- Great teaching tool
- Concise yet covers the key concepts in a manner that is practitioner-friendly
Must read book about clinical reasoning
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the units with their page numbers and author names for the ABC of Clinical Leadership ebook
- Contributors vii
- Preface viii
- 1 The Importance of Clinical Leadership 1 Sarah Jonas, Layla McCay and Sir Bruce Keogh
- 2 Leadership and Management 5 Andrew Long
- 3 Leadership Theories and Concepts 9 Tim Swanwick
- 4 Followership 14 Hester Mannion and Judy McKimm
- 5 Leading Groups and Teams 19 Lynn Markiewicz, Michael West and Judy McKimm
- 6 Leading and Managing Change 24 Valerie Iles
- 7 Leading Organisations 29 Stuart Anderson
- 8 Leading in Complex Environments 33 David Kernick and Tim Swanwick
- 9 Leading and Improving Clinical Services 38 Fiona Moss
- 10 Leading Projects 43 Jonathan Gardner
- 11 Educational Leadership 50 Judy McKimm and Tim Swanwick
- 12 Collaborative Leadership and Partnership Working 56 Judy McKimm
- 13 Understanding Yourself as Leader 61 Chris Lake and Jennifer King
- 14 Leading in Culturally Diverse Health Services 66 Tracie Jolliff , Tim Swanwick and Judy McKimm
- 15 Gender and Clinical Leadership 72 Celia Taylor and Judy McKimm
- 16 Values-Based, Authentic and Ethical Leadership 77 Deborah Bowman and Tim Swanwick
- 17 Developing Leadership at All Levels 81 Tim Swanwick and Judy Butler
- Index 86
Dimensions and Characters of ABC of Clinical Leadership PDF
- File Size: 3 MBs
- 88 Pages
- English Language
- 4-Star Rating
- ABC Series
Download Button for ABC of Clinical Leadership PDF
Shown Below is a Blue Download Button for the ABC of Clinical Leadership PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests