Description of The Psychiatric Interview 4th Edition PDF
Now DSM-5 updated! Using a unique and effective combination of mnemonics, practical techniques, and phrasing examples that illustrate the nuances of the interviewing process, The Psychiatric Interview 4th Edition PDF helps you establish a rapport with patients and gain valuable clinical insights. Now updated to incorporate the DSM-5 and current research, this popular manual teaches you how to improve your interviewing skills, breaking down this complex area into concise information you can put to use immediately in your practice.
Features of The Psychiatric Interview 4th Edition PDF
- Offers a practical, concise approach to the psychiatric interview, filled with tips and pearls to develop confidence in interviewing.
- Uses mnemonics and pocket cards to help you understand and remember key elements of the effective interview.
- Brings you up to speed with the DSM-5 and current research, including changes in diagnosing dementia, substance abuse, eating disorders, ADHD, and more.
- Provides clear techniques for approaching threatening topics, and shows how relationships that are endangered can be repaired.
- Presents information in an engaging, conversational manner, helping you form an alliance with each patient in order to promote cooperation and effective treatment.
- Ideal for psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, nurse practitioners, or other mental health professionals.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
Dr. Carlat received his undergraduate education at University of California, Berkeley, where he graduated in 1983 cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. He received his medical degree at University of California, San Francisco, and went on to complete a residency in psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, from 1992-1995. He was chief resident of the MGH inpatient psychiatry unit in 1995.
After residency, Dr. Carlat began private practice in Newburyport, Massachusetts, and was founder and series editor of the Practical Guide Series in Psychiatry, published by Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. His textbook, The Psychiatric Interview, currently in its second edition, has been translated into four languages, and is the bestselling book in the Practical Guide series. It was selected as one of 17 top recommended psychiatric books on the Brandon/Hill Selected List of print media for small medical libraries.
Dimensions and Characters of The Psychiatric Interview 4th Edition PDF
- Identification Number : 1496327713
- Publisher : LWW; 4th edition (August 17, 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 348 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 9781496327710
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-1496327710
- Item Weight : 9.6 ounces
- Dimensions : 4.25 x 0.5 x 7 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #6,883 in Books
August 27, 2016
Personally, I like this book because it sympathizes with the patient’s feelings, thus leading you to ask questions in such a way that are unbiased, therefore, obtaining a more accurate response. The creativeness in their questions put patients at ease. Extremely helpful for me as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner student during clinicals.
This was mandatory on my list for graduate school, and I am glad. Worth buying!
I was going to post a picture of some of the neat examples, but not sure if I am allowed to do that.
BONUS! There is an example psychiatric evaluation form in the very back. It lists all the questions I need for my interview. Love it!!!
May 9, 2018
September 19, 2017
March 2, 2020
August 30, 2021
December 23, 2018
August 23, 2021
November 7, 2019
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.