Features of System Design Interview By Alex Xu PDF
System Design Interview An Insider’s Guide Volume 1 System Design Interview By Alex Xu PDF
System design interviews are the most difficult to tackle of all technical interview questions. This book is Volume 1 of the System Design Interview – An insider’s guide series that provides a reliable strategy and knowledge base for approaching a broad range of system design questions. This book provides a step-by-step framework for how to tackle a system design question. It includes many real-world examples to illustrate the systematic approach, with detailed steps that you can follow.
– An insider’s take on what interviewers really look for and why.
– A 4-step framework for solving any system design interview question.
– 16 real system design interview questions with detailed solutions.
– 188 diagrams to visually explain how different systems work.
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1: Scale From Zero To Millions Of Users
Chapter 2: Back-of-the-envelope Estimation
Chapter 3: A Framework For System Design Interviews
Chapter 4: Design A Rate Limiter
Chapter 5: Design Consistent Hashing
Chapter 6: Design A Key-value Store
Chapter 7: Design A Unique Id Generator In Distributed Systems
Chapter 8: Design A Url Shortener
Chapter 9: Design A Web Crawler
Chapter 10: Design A Notification System
Chapter 11: Design A News Feed System
Chapter 12: Design A Chat System
Chapter 13: Design A Search Autocomplete System
Chapter 14: Design Youtube
Chapter 15: Design Google Drive
Chapter 16: The Learning Continues
Recommended Books For You
Description of System Design Interview By Alex Xu PDF
This book is one of the best selling books for the subject of science and math for all
Students and professionals around the world who aspire to achieve excellency in their courses and field for better understanding and teaching their pupils and themselves. It is a must read atleast once a lifetime
So download System Design Interview By Alex Xu PDF here.
Alex Xu is a passionate builder in the cryptocurrency space. He is theat 0x Labs. Alex has also held positions at and He was also a Partner Lead with in 2017. Alex Xu graduated from the and currently resides in , .
Dimensions and Characteristics of System Design Interview By Alex Xu PDF
- Identification Number : B08CMF2CQF
- Publisher : Independently published (June 12, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 320 pages
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 979-8664653403
- Item Weight : 15.2 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.73 x 9 inches
November 7, 2020
The book is pretty good. It’s easy to read. There are lots of design diagrams. If you are a visual person, you will love the book. It helped me pass the system design round at FANG.
I read the book twice and take notes. I read all the reference materials mentioned in the book. Reading those extra materials help me a lot with topics I’m not familiar with.
+ The book has a good set of questions.
+ Lots of diagrams and clear explanation.
+ You will learn something new by reading the book regardless of your experience.
– I wish the reference links are footnotes instead of being at the end of chapters. That way, it’s more accessible.
– Some topics are not talked about too much like security and stream processing.
– It’s tailored towards junior and semi-senior engineers. Some chapters are not deep enough. For example, I wish the author would talk more about feed ranking and caching in the designing news feed chapter.
Overall, it’s a masterpiece in system design books. However, no book can cover everything in system design. No one knows every system. Here are some of my other recommendations:
— designing data-intensive applications. Highly recommended.
— system design primer github repo. Highly recommended free resource.
— Leetcode discussion forum about system designs.
— Grokking the system interview course. This is an ok resource but not very deep.
— Various youtube channels. I like channels like Tushar Roy, System Design Interview, Success in Tech, etc. There are a lot more but I found them most useful for senior engineer positions.
— Various tech blogs: Facebook, Netflix, Uber, AirBnb, etc. Those tech blogs are extremely valuable to help us understand real-life systems.
— highscalability website. The website contains lots of real world systems.
— InfoQ youtube channel. Many tech companies talk about how they scale their systems at infoQ. I find sometimes it’s quite hard to find useful videos on google but when I narrow down it to a specific channel, it’s much easier to find. For example, I found a lot of useful tech talks about uber there. It’s invaluable when I interviewed there.
November 30, 2020
June 14, 2020
Things I love about the book:
– It was a detailed step-by-step guide that is actionable and very easy to follow.
– Easy to understand language and I appreciate that the author uses diagrams to explain complex flow or design.
– The keep learning chapter was really helpful as it listed some real systems and company engineering blogs.
– Well structured. The author follows the 4-step framework to solve most of the system design questions. After reading the book, I think I can answer questions in a more structured way.Overall very helpful quick guide.
Download Link 1
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.