Derive the maximum diagnostic information from interviewing and examining patients with Swartz Textbook of Physical Diagnosis PDF. Employing a compassionate, humanistic approach, Dr. Swartz explores how cultural differences can influence communication, diet, family relationships, and health practices and beliefs, and demonstrates that your interpersonal awareness is just as essential in physical diagnosis as your level of technical skill. This medical reference book features numerous high-quality color images, an easy-to-use design, and detailed descriptions of exam techniques, making it an essential guide for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
- Learn about special considerations related to patient’s unique situations, such as cultural differences, nutritional status, and overall health, which may affect your approach to their treatment.
- Understand the causes of the symptoms you encounter with Pathophysiology explanations.
- Easily review illustrated components with abundant color photographs capturing the true appearance of various diseases.
- Access coverage of complementary and alternative medicine so you can be alerted to the clinical implications of these increasingly popular modalities.
- Provide the best medical care through the art of interviewing and physical examination with the most recent coverage of relevant physical diagnosis standards and tests, as well as detailed discussions of key exam techniques.
- Reference information on-the-go. Several chapters have been moved online, resulting in a more portable and concise print edition that focuses on core material.
- View examination techniques and clinical presentations more clearly than ever before with help from high-quality color images, over 900 photographs, and line art supplementing the detailed text.
- Stream more than 6 hours of in-depth video, review online-only chapters, and reference the entire contents online at Student Consult.
- Gain in-context access to online videos using your smartphone by scanning accompanying QR codes located throughout the text, covering step-by-step key aspects of the physical examination for adults, newborns, toddlers, as well as important interviewing scenarios.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Swartz Textbook of Physical Diagnosis PDF
This book for the subject of physical diagnosis is one of the best medical books available to download and has all the updated knowledge and crispier images in it. This book is a remastered edition of the previous edition and is available to buy for medical students and health professionals in the market. Swartz Textbook of Physical Diagnosis History and Examination is the most popular medical book on the market. Download now.
Mark H. Swartz, M.D., a graduate of Mount Sinai School of Medicine and a cardiologist, has been recognized nationally and internationally for his teaching ability and has received many teaching awards. In 1998, the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) awarded Dr. Swartz their prestigious national AAMC/Alpha Omega Alpha Robert J. Glaser Distinguished Teacher Award.
Over the past 25 years, Dr. Swartz has centered his research on improving medical education and assessment of clinical competence using standardized patients. Dr. Swartz has published more than 50 seminal articles in this area. The Founder of The New York City Consortium for Clinical Competence and the Founder and Director of The Morchand Center for Clinical Competence at Mount Sinai School of Medicine for more than 13 years, Dr. Swartz is currently Professor of Medicine at the State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate College of Medicine, Adjunct Clinical Professor of Medicine at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Adjunct Professor of Medicine at New York Medical College and Visiting Professor of Medicine at Taipei Medical University in Taiwan.
He is the author of five textbooks. The Fourth Edition of his Textbook of Physical Diagnosis: History and Examination(2002) was reviewed for the second time in the New England Journal of Medicine (July 10, 2003), which cited this new edition as “the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive textbook of physical diagnosis available today.” It is the most widely read textbook in this field. The book has been translated into 15 languages. The Seventh Edition of his Textbook was published in March 2014. His book entitled The Ultimate Guide and Review for USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills was published in December 2006.
Doody’s and User Reviews for Swartz Textbook of Physical Diagnosis PDF
- “A significant portion of the book is dedicated to interviewing the patient and includes discussions about the use of interpreters and the possible responses from patients. The physical examination section is organized into the traditional organ system approach. Each chapter has a subsection on the clinicopathological correlations, which gives this book a unique advantage over others. The graphics are extraordinarily well presented in full color. The full text is available on the Inkling website and is simple to use on both a laptop and a smartphone. This web-based version has additional chapters on diversity, complementary and alternative medicine and the assessment of nutritional status. This is an extremely valuable, updated edition of a previously very helpful and informative book.:-Vincent F Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP(Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences) Doody Review: 5 stars
Great price on a brand new textbook that I absolutely needed. I couldn’t be happier with this purchase. It arrived exactly when it was supposed to and everything.
- Very informative and didactic. Videos are also very explicite. I had kindle version.
The bad thing is that in the book, there are QR codes to access the videos instead of links that can be accesed by clicking on them. But there is the online version that is very good, and eliminate that problem.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Swartz Textbook of Physical Diagnosis PDF.
Section I The Art of Interviewing
Chapter 1 The Interviewer’s Questions
Chapter 2 The Patient’s Responses
Chapter 3 Caring for Patients in a Culturally Diverse Society
Chapter 4 Understanding Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Chapter 5 Assessment of Nutritional Status
Chapter 6 Putting the History Together
Section II The Science of the Physical Examination
Chapter 7 The Physical Examination
Chapter 8 The Skin
Chapter 9 The Head and Neck
Chapter 10 The Eye
Chapter 11 The Ear and Nose
Chapter 12 The Oral Cavity and Pharynx
Chapter 13 The Chest
Chapter 14 The Heart
Chapter 15 The Peripheral Vascular System
Chapter 16 The Breast
Chapter 17 The Abdomen
Chapter 18 Male Genitalia and Hernias
Chapter 19 Female Genitalia
Chapter 20 The Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 21 The Nervous System
Chapter 22 Putting the Examination Together
Section III Evaluation of Specific Patients
Chapter 23 The Pregnant Patient
Chapter 24 The Pediatric Patient
Chapter 25 The Geriatric Patient
Chapter 26 The Acutely Ill Patient
Section IV Putting the Data to Work
Chapter 27 Diagnostic Reasoning in Physical Diagnosis
Chapter 28 The Clinical Record
Chapter 29 Focusing on the Focused History and Physical Examination
Appendix A Commonly Abused Drugs
Appendix B Signs and Symptoms in Deficiency States
Appendix C Conversion Tables
Dimensions and Characters
- 848 Pages
- File Size:
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Textbook of Physical Diagnosis, History, and Examination
Download Button for the Swartz Textbook of Physical Diagnosis PDF
Shown below is a download button for the Swartz Textbook of Physical Diagnosis PDF. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.