Features of Skin & Wound Care 8th Edition PDF
Skin & Wound Care 8th Edition PDF-Choose the best possible skin and wound care products to support your patients’ skin health and wound healing, with the invaluable Product Guide to Skin and Wound Care, 8th Edition.
Listing 294 product in alphabetical order, this handy product guide for wound care practitioners across all practice settings offers detailed information—sizes, action, indications, contraindications, application, and removal information—so that your choices stay informed and accurate.
Know the purpose and use of skin and wound care products, to assist in the proper product choice, usage, and documentation:
- NEW products to update your formulary choices, including sizes, action, indication, application and removal
- Offers concise reviewsof the many skin and wound care products now available—including collagens, hydrocolloids, antifungals, and antimicrobials, liquid skin protectants, moisture barriers, and other skin care products
- NEW enhanced, full-color manufacturer photos of each product
- Offers the characteristics, function, and use of skin and wound care dressings, drugs, and devices, including classification of a particular condition
- Offers an Alphabetical Wound Care Product Guide that illustrates:
- Product information detailing action, indications, contraindications, application, and removal
- Reimbursement codes for products provided by manufacturers
- Many product references supporting products
- Wound care product categories include: alginates, antimicrobials, cellular and tissue-based products, collagens, composites, contact layers, drugs, foams, hydrocolloids, hydrogels, negative pressure wound therapy, specialty absorptives, surgical dressings, transparent films, wound fillers, and other devices and products
- Offers a comprehensive listing of additional products—abdominal dressings and holders, compression bandage systems, conforming bandages, elastic bandage rolls, impregnated gauzes, nonimpregnated gauzes, packing strips, tapes and wound cleansers
- A must-have for any wound care practitioner—provides you with the easy-to-reference product details needed to move your practice forward and stay at the forefront of your field
Recommended Books For You
Description of Skin & Wound Care 8th Edition PDF
Skin & Wound Care 8th Edition PDF is one of the best-known books for Dermatologists. This book covers all the cases and phenomenons a student and professional doctor might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime help in solving cases of diseases that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
Maxine A. Papadakis, MD
Professor of Medicine, Emeritus
School of Medicine
University of California, San Francisco
Dimensions and Characteristics of Skin & Wound Care 8th Edition PDF
- Publisher : LWW; 8th edition (December 21, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 504 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1496388097
- ISBN-13 : 978-1496388094
- Item Weight : 1.5 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Book Name : Skin & Wound Care 8th Edition PDF
DKM “I almost cried when I examined this book. I have used this book in previous editions as my bible for many many years, recommended it to doctors, other nurses and wound care specialists I have precepted. I was so excited for the updated version and waited for it to be published for over a year-its publication was delayed that long. I was not happy that the first sections with general wound care information were omitted, but figured it was to make room for more product information. But to my dismay, the organization of products is wonky, by which I mean several products are placed in a category different from the previous editions and multiple items are completely missing. If you don’t exactly know what to look for, as a novice, you’ll likely be lost at times. For example, medicinal grade honey, only ONE brand is mentioned, and its an obscure brand, that I and many of my other colleagues have never heard of…many other brands-and I mean the big players, are omitted, many others are accessible only thru the online portion-thats fine, but so far I havent been able to access it and set up an account…I plan on contacting the publisher soon, it may just be a minor glitch. In another example, for internal fecal management systems, they only mention 1 brand also…isnt the point to go thru (as much feasible) the various brands in the categories?? This is important when you are initially setting up or modifying your formulary..
Plus its a slightly larger size and not bound with a spiral binder, seemingly a small thing, but the smaller size could easily fit into my lab coat and with it being spiral bound, made for much easier copying .
Overall, it has an incomplete, poorly edited and rushed feel to it.
If you are just starting out and need an awesome resource regarding wound care products , go for the 7th edition, you can always get the updates on the products listed by going to their company website . The 7th edition is still available and an awesome resource. DON’T BUY THIS BOOK FIRST!!!!!
KMehaffey BSN RN CWS CWOCN”
Apart from this, this book is appropriate for plastic surgeons and those related medical specialists who aim to update their knowledge with high standards and be well-equipped with the most up-to-date issues.Compared with the book of which title was shared decades ago, I found a number of distinctive issues presented in this current book. For instance, in terms of anatomy, the previous concerns were about the facial nerve and the sensory nerve. It has shifted and highlighted on the vascular network. In case of operation/ procedure which used to focus only the facial surgery procedure (eg. facelift ) to both of the surgical and the non-surgical facial rejuvenation. This point includes filler and botulinum toxin injection. These have been received a lot of attention currently.
The authors also step forward to the energy device issues and so forth. They are generous enough to share their valuable and meticulous experiences which cannot be found elsewhere.
On top of that, the main contributors are the world-leading and world authority plastic surgeon who has been widely recognized across the world. They are also a highly proficient person with expertise not only in the surgery but also in the non-surgical aesthetic procedures. According to this book, the authors evidentially demonstrates the high academic standard.
What I am impressed a great deal with this book are their fascinating illustrations, VDO, and cadaveric dissection. Those pictures are not only that beauty but also revealing a smart presentation method. These enable us to understand the content, particularly on focusing on the plane of various structures.
The book is worth buying.”
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.