Features of SAT Prep Black Book 2nd Edition PDF
SAT Prep Black Book 2nd Edition PDF-Current SAT Prep for 2020, 2021, and beyond
The fully up-to-date SAT Prep Black Book, Second Edition gives you unique, effective SAT strategies from Mike Barrett, an SAT tutor with clients all over the globe who pay him hundreds of dollars an hour for phone tutoring. In addition to extensive and effective training on every aspect of the SAT, the SAT Black Book gives you detailed, systematic, easy-to-follow walkthroughs for every question in 4 of the College Board’s official SAT Practice Tests. The Black Book is a must-have in your SAT preparation, whether you want to
- make a perfect 1600 to apply to an Ivy,
- score a 450 in each section to claim a sports scholarship,
- or anything in between.
You can find the first 4 Practice SAT tests from the College Board for free on the College Board’s website, or in the “Blue Book,” which is the College Board’s Official SAT Study Guide, 2016 Edition or 2018 Edition—both editions contain the first 4 official SAT practice tests. (The SAT Prep Black Book has no affiliation with the College Board.) The Black Book and the real practice SAT tests from the College Board are all you need to get your best possible SAT score. The Black Book is the ideal SAT book for 3 major reasons:
- It covers every aspect of the test with advice that actually works, making it unique in the SAT prep field. It doesn’t just review material from your high school classes! Instead, you’ll learn to exploit design flaws in the SAT, using its own “SAT tricks” against it.
- The Black Book contains 600+ detailed, systematic, easy-to-follow walkthroughs for real SAT questions from the College Board, so you know that what you’re learning actually works. You’ll see every question from the first 4 official SAT Practice Tests attacked in a way that clearly demonstrates the ideal thought process on the SAT. (You’ll need your own copies of those real SAT practice tests, which you can get for free from the College Board’s website. You can also find them in the College Board’s 2016 or 2018 “Blue Book.”)
- The Black Book is a clear, concise roadmap to the SAT. (See the selected highlights below). It explains exactly how every SAT question works, and how to beat it in the least time possible.
Selected Highlights from the SAT Prep Black Book:
- Why the SAT isn’t designed like a high school test, and how this fact influences every aspect of the proper approach to SAT preparation…
- Why every SAT question can only have one valid answer, no matter how much it might seem otherwise sometimes…
- How to look at SAT questions the same way the College Board does when it writes them…
- Why it’s so important to work with real SAT questions from the College Board…and why you shouldn’t pay much attention to the College Board’s written explanations for those questions!
- What you’re actually supposed to do when the SAT asks you about an author’s attitude…
- Why you shouldn’t put your faith in diagnostic tests, even if they come from the College Board…
- The important implications of viewing time as an investment on test day…
- The simple formula that allows you to crank out a top-scoring essay (that is, if you even need to do the SAT Essay in the first place)…
- The special grammatical rules that are followed by the SAT Writing and Language section…and how they sometimes differ from common usage in school…
- The unwritten rules for every kind of SAT question…
- The many ways to approach an SAT Math question, and which ones are likely to work best for you…
- Why the “order of difficulty” doesn’t really exist…
- Why every real SAT question can potentially be answered in under 30 seconds…
- And much more than we can fit in this space…
Recommended Books For You
Description of SAT Prep Black Book 2nd Edition PDF
SAT Prep Black Book 2nd Edition PDF is one of the best medical books for students and professionals on the subject of test preparation. It is a must download.
Patrick Barrett can be found on the web at BarrettBooks.com. His books on exercise and nutrition have helped thousands of people to achieve their goals using methods that are both more convenient and less expensive than the typical fitness and food advice you might expect to find in mainstream blogs and magazines.
With a focus on bodyweight exercise and simple nutrition, his approach to healthy living is both intuitive and effective. You’ll find his books to be appropriate for a whole range of audiences, from beginners to experts and everything in between.
Whether you’re looking for a full-body workout or skill-specific training—like learning how to do a handstand or a one arm pull up—you’re sure to find a resource that will help you reach your goals.
Patrick Barrett lives in central Florida with his wife, Stephanie Barrett, author of the children’s book A Dragon’s Work Is Never Done.
Dimensions and Characteristics of SAT Prep Black Book 2nd Edition PDF
- Identification Number : 0692916164
- Publisher : ACT Prep Books; 2nd edition (July 1, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 576 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 9780692916162
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-0692916162
- Reading age : 13 – 18 years
- Item Weight : 2.9 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 1.3 x 11 inches
- Book Name : SAT Prep Black Book 2nd Edition PDF
David C McCall “Amazing test prep. A weekish before the SAT I realized I should probably study, so off I went to to find a book – there was no class, tutor, or online video that I felt could really help me in the amount of time I had left. I saw the Black Book at the top of the page, but after hearing it had 600 pages immediately looked for another option. I read online about the best books to use and eventually came back to this behemoth. Okay, 600 pages or not, I guess this was the book. I got the book that week before my first SAT, and, while trying to read 600 pages seemed impossible, actually reading the book wasn’t as hard as it initially seemed because the way they write is easy to understand and engaging. Plus, probably over half of the pages were walkthroughs of the first four practice tests so there wasn’t actually 600 pages you have to read every line of. The walkthroughs, though, were invaluable as they helped me understand how to work through all of the problems multiple different ways (you can see how others might answer that you never thought of, and that might actually be better). If you don’t have a lot of time before the test, or you don’t want to read all 600 pages, you can just do one or two of the walkthroughs and that will reduce a lot of pages. For me, each night I read one test section’s material/tips, did the first practice test on that section (I printed the practice tests out myself-they aren’t in the book), and then scored it and evaluated how I could improve using his walkthroughs. This meant that after four days I had read about the reading, math, writing, and essay (the book is structured in that order) and had finished the first practice test. After that, I did one whole practice test and reviewed it using his walkthroughs for the next two nights. At this point, my score hadn’t improved a lot since the first practice test, but each time I had encountered new problems that I wasn’t sure about and after looking at the walkthroughs felt confident in being able to do next time. On the day of the test, I felt much better about my timing, skills, and the test’s structure overall because of Mike and Patrick’s book. One of the questions I had gotten wrong and reviewed in a walkthrough the night before actually appeared on the test! Not yet sure of the score, but I can say it didn’t seem as hard as I thought it would be solely due to their solid advice and practice walkthroughs. 10/10 recommend to anyone, whether you have a lot of time to study or not!
Update: The first SAT I took (June 2018), the one I wrote this review about originally, I got a 1500. I wanted to take it one more time, but I then procrastinated studying again and with one week left reviewed the book and took the remaining practice test that the book covers. I also looked back over the printed practice tests I did the first time, finding where I commonly made mistakes. For the August 2018 SAT I got a 1530. This book was amazing not only for how to think about the test, but also just to review concepts for both math and grammar.”
To be honest this is my first review, and Mike Barrett, I would like to thank you for helping me out here. Your book helped me understand the test better and reduce my stress and anxiety.I would definitely recommend people to buy it. If you are expecting practice questions and other stuff like you find in Kaplan, barron’s and Princeton review, you wont find them in the book. But whats inside will completely amaze you. So simple yet never thought about.”
King Leks “The book is immensely helpful, it breaks down the common type of questions such as ‘Best Evidence’ and ‘Central claim’ questions in the Reading section for example. It also includes amazing strategies to use to answer questions quickly such as Vertical Scanning and other techniques that are not mentioned in any other prep books. This book also includes full explanations of answer to SAT Practice Tests 1-4 but sadly not 5-8. The walkthroughs are very comprehensive, much more so than the college board and Khan academy explanations.
Another very good thing about this book is that it helps to train you in the way the test is written and how to understand it instead of just learning knowledge and answering questions.
Overall, this book is very very book and I would recommend using it over any other Prep book.”
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.