Features of Preventive Cardiology Companion to Braunwalds Heart Disease PDF
Endorsed by the American Society for Preventive Cardiology! Preventive Cardiology – a new Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease – addresses the prevention and risk stratification of cardiovascular disease so that you can delay the onset of disease and moderate the effects and complications. Drs. Roger Blumenthal, JoAnne Foody, and Nathan Wong discuss the full range of relevant considerations, including the epidemiology of heart disease, risk assessment, risk factors, multiple risk factor-based prevention strategies, and developments in genetics and personalized medicine. This authoritative reference gives you the clinically relevant information you need for the effective prevention of cardiovascular disease.Preventive Cardiology Companion to Braunwalds Heart Disease PDF
- Recognize the factors for prevention and risk stratification around cardiovascular disease and effectively delay the onset of disease and moderate the effects and complications, even for individual who are genetically predisposed.
- Effectively navigate full range of considerations in prevention from epidemiology of heart disease, biology of atherosclerosis and myocardial infraction, risk assessment—established risk factors and emerging risk factors, multiple risk factor-based prevention strategies, and future directions—through genetics, personalized medicine, and much more.
- Tap into the expertise of prominent leaders in cardiovascular disease prevention with guidance from Drs. Roger Blumenthal—longtime director of the Framingham Heart Study—JoAnne Foody, and Nathan Wong.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the pathogenesis of disease and the rationale for management through discussions of basic science.
- Apply current clinical practice guidelines to ensure optimal outcomes in both primary and secondary prevention.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Preventive Cardiology Companion to Braunwalds Heart Disease PDF
Health, anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, medicine, surgery, and nursing textbooks will likely be at your side throughout your medical studies, and you’ll be reading through countless scientific papers, but you might want to read something beforehand that gives you insight into the world of medicine in practice – whether that’s research, at the clinic or in the operating room. The most featured and reviewed on book Preventive Cardiology Companion to Braunwalds Heart Disease PDF is available for grabs now here on our website free for students and professionals sole purpose of teaching and education. It has been boasted and proven with thousands of user reviews that it has all the information to make you one of the highly qualified professionals in the world of medicine and its branches. Without a doubt a masterpiece for those who aspire to be doctors or heal those they find in ailment. It is a must read again and again for everyone that can get their hands on this limited edition book.
Blumenthal is an associate professor of medicine in the Division of Cardiology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. Dr. Blumenthal graduated with honors from Johns Hopkins University. He received his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College, where he was awarded the Weiss Prize for Excellence in Clinical Medicine. He did his Internal Medicine and Cardiology fellowship training at Johns Hopkins Hospital and then joined the medical school faculty. Dr. Blumenthal was the principal developer of The Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease.
works at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Nathan D. Wong, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Director
Heart Disease Prevention Program
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92597
Henry R. Black, MD
Associate Vice President for Research
Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center
Associate Dean of Research
Charles J. and Margaret Roberts Professor and Chair
Department of Preventive Medicine
Rush Medical College
Dr Black is internationally known for his work in hypertension. He is a contributor to HURST.
Julius M Gardin, MD
St. John Guild Distinguished Professor
Chief, Division of Cardiology and
Director, Cardiovascular Institute
St. John Hospital & Medical Center
Professor of Medicine
Wayne State University
Dimensions and Characteristics of Preventive Cardiology Companion to Braunwalds Heart Disease PDF
- Identification Number : B0054JE9LI
- Publisher : Saunders; 1st edition (February 25, 2011)
- Publication date : February 25, 2011
- Language : English
- File size : 14735 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 2350 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
November 19, 2011
The book covers the history of preventative cardiology which is really interesting as a medical issue thats become more prevalent as we live longer and eat worse. I also enjoyed reading the section on special populations and the future of cardiovascular medicine.
December 14, 2011
Access th’ completely searchable text online ‘t […]. Recognize th’ factors f’r prevention ‘nd risk stratification around cardiovascular disease ‘nd effectively falter th’ onset ‘f disease.
Lifestyle modifications to help reduce your risk for heart disease includes regular exercise, consuming a diet that is low in fat, reducing your salt intake, maintaining a desirable weight, reducing alcohol, and stopping smoking.
This text is directed more to the medical profession in my opinion, however several of the other reviewers consider this a good reference for the lay person wanting to learn more about cardiovascular/heart disease. I would highly recommend this text for anyone in the medical field or in nursing/medical school as it contains valuable information. Also would recommend for anyone who is really interested in learning how to manage your or your families heart disease.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.