In this post, we will provide you with an overview of Porth’s Pathophysiology PDF Make sure to read until the end to understand what book you are downloading.
Features of Porth’s Pathophysiology Pdf
- Approachable presentation builds understanding from basic to advanced concepts and defines key terms as you progress.
- “Chunked” content keeps you focused on the most critical information and helps you review salient points efficiently.
- Unit-Opening Case Studies , which are revisited in one or more chapters in the unit, bring pathophysiology to life and equip you for success in clinical practice.
- Approximately 1,000 vibrant illustrations clarify the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
- Understanding boxes break physiologic processes and phenomena into their sequential parts, providing insight into the many opportunities for disease to disrupt the processes.
- Key Points boxes and In Summary sections reduce the need for memorization and help you incorporate important points into broader conceptual units.
- New! Pediatric Considerations and Geriatric Considerations boxes in each chapter specify how the chapter content applies to these two special populations.
- New! Concept Mastery Alerts explain topics that students can find confusing.
- Review Exercises at the end of each chapter test your retention and identify areas for further study.
- References provide fast, efficient access to normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, as well as a comprehensive glossary.
- Narrated animations referenced by icons in the text and available online enhance your understanding of the most challenging and clinically relevant concepts.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Porth’s Pathophysiology Pdf
he 10th edition of Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States continues a legacy of excellence by providing comprehensive, nursing-focused coverage designed to help grasp both the physical and psychological aspects of altered health. The book’s unique emphasis on “concepts” of altered health states, as opposed to factual descriptions of diseases and disorders, helps students grasp both the physical and psychological aspects of altered health.
Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States
Tommie L. Norris, DNS, RN
Meet today’s clinical challenges with the trusted authority in pathophysiology
Make the most of your pathophysiology course and master the knowledge to ensure clinical success. Trusted for more than 30 years and updated to reflect today’s nursing challenges, this engaging text makes complex concepts accessible and helps you easily and confidently grasp normal body function, the effects of disease on body systems, and the body’s ability to compensate and adapt. This edition also considers the many technological advances that allow healthcare providers to diagnose earlier and with more accuracy.
Dr. Tommie Norris joined the faculty in the UTHSC College of Nursing in July 2005. She is a tenured Professor in the College of Nursing. In her current role as Associate Dean for Evaluation and Effectiveness, she provides leadership for accreditation processes and CON effectiveness and evaluation relative to the missions of the college of nursing.
Dr. Norris received a Doctor of Nursing Science degree from Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA with a focus in clinical research and nursing education, a Masters of Nursing Science degree in Community Health and Family Nursing from the University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, a Bachelor of Nursing Science from the University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, and an Associate of Science in Nursing from Union University, Jackson, Tennessee.
Her program of research is currently focused on nursing education and cultural diversity. Her teaching responsibility includes Pathophysiology. She has extensive experience in the area of curriculum development and test construction. She has served as a National Council Licensure Examination-RN Item Writer and is a consultant for test construction and curriculum development.
She is an evaluator for the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). She served as a consultant for the Robert Wood Johnson Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) project and serves on the Academic taskforce. Dr. Norris served in leadership roles on the Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Beta Theta Chapter-At-large as the former president. She also serves as Vice President for Tennessee Nurses Association (TNA) District One and on the TNA Editorial Board and Education Committee. She serves on the Tennessee Nurses Foundation Board of Directors and chairs the scholarship committee. She serves on the American Nurses Association’s Advisory Panel for Palliative and Hospice Care.
Dimensions and Characters of Porth’s Pathophysiology Pdf
- Publisher : LWW; 10th edition (November 3, 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1688 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 1496377559
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-1496377555
- Item Weight : 7.2 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.7 x 2 x 10.9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #5,821 in Books
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.