Attributes of Pharmacology and the Nursing Process 7th Edition PDF
With its colorful, user-friendly format, Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, 7th Edition provides students with all the pharmacology information they need ― and no more than they need ― to administer drugs safely and effectively.Increased emphasis on the nursing process and prioritization focuses on the most essential assessments, nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluations. Thoroughly updated drug information is clear and concise, highlighting the most commonly used drugs, and includes a unique focus on safety-oriented QSEN competencies. Hundreds of full-color illustrations show how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in drug administration. Written by expert pharmacology educators and clinicians, this bestselling textbook employs innovative, practical learning aids to help your students prepare for success on the NCLEX® Examination and in nursing practice.Pharmacology and the Nursing Process 7th Edition PDF
- Focus on need-to-know information provides the most essential drug information for safe, effective clinical practice.
- Focus on the nursing process and prioritization helps you apply the nursing process to all aspects of drug therapy, from assessment to nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluation/outcome criteria.
- UNIQUE! Illustrated Study Skills Tipsinclude practical advice on time management, note taking, study techniques,and test-taking strategies.
- Special boxes and tables highlight evidence-based practice, dosages, pharmacokinetics, laboratory values related to drug therapy, preventing medication errors, cultural implications, lifespan considerations, herbal therapies, and legal and ethical principles.
- Nearly 300 full-color illustrationsand thePhoto Atlas of Drug Administrationshow how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in drug administration by various routes.
- NCLEX®Examination-style review questions are included in every chapter, with at least one alternate-format item per chapter and more than 40 new dosage calculation questions.
- Drug profiles highlight the pharmacokinetics and unique variations of commonly used drugs.
- Case studies promote clinical reasoning skills related to nursing pharmacology.
- Patient Teaching Tips include key points to convey to patients, their families, and their caregivers.
- Focus on need-to-know content uses a streamlined approach to drug indications and emphasizes only the most common or serious adverse effects rather than all reported adverse effects, listing them in order of those most commonly seen.
- Focus on prioritization includes prioritized nursing diagnoses along with corresponding prioritization of goals and outcomes, helping you connect nursing diagnoses to goals and outcomes.
- UNIQUE! QSEN focus highlights those aspects of the book that correlate with the QSEN competencies for patient safety and quality nursing care.
- Clear, direct-address writing style promotes learning of pharmacology content.
- NEW drugs and NEW treatment guidelines help you ensure that your clinical practice is consistent with the latest evidence-based guidelines, including the latest FDA drug approvals, drug withdrawals, therapeutic uses, and warnings/precautions.
- NEW and UPDATED illustrations clarify drug administration and pharmacological processes for easier understanding.
- Student resources on an Evolve companion website include new Unfolding Case Studies and additional opportunities for active learning.
Books You Might Be Interested In
Illustrations of Pharmacology and the Nursing Process 7th Edition PDF
For students of all the branches of medicine and surgery and health professionals that aspire to be greater and better at their procedures and medications. A renowned book by those who have read it and learnt from it. Many have already ordered it and is on the way to their home. Whether you work in the USA, Canada, UK or anywhere around the world. If you are working as a health professional then this is a must read.. The most reviewed on book Pharmacology and the Nursing Process 7th Edition PDF is available for grabs now here on our website free. Whatever books, mainly textbooks we have in professional courses specially Medicine and surgery is a compendium in itself so understand one book you need to refer another 2-10 books. Beside this there are various other text material which needs to be mastered!! Only reference books are partially read but all other books have to be read, commanded and in fact read multiple times.
Linda Lilley, RN, PhD, is University Professor and Associate Professor Emeritus at the School of Nursing at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia.
Shelly Collins, PharmD, has decades of clinical experience in which she has been responsible for overseeing system-wide pharmaceutical safety.
Julie S. Snyder, MSN, RN-BC, teaches at the School of Nursing at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia and works in the clinical field as well, enabling her to bring comprehensive insight to the book.
Proportions of Pharmacology and the Nursing Process 7th Edition PDF
- Publisher : Mosby; 7th edition (December 21, 2012)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 984 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 0323087892
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-0323087896
- Item Weight : 4.55 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 1.5 x 11 inches
Reviews From Customers
October 2, 2020
Great book for nursing school. Really helped out when we were rushed through material I still have it and use as a reference
Purchased for a Nursing student
June 5, 2016
Purchased for a Nursing student foe a class. It was a requirement for the course. Good information. We were not disappointed. However, I do believe there is now a later edition, so I would make sure you are getting the edition your student needs (DOUBLE check the syllabus).
July 8, 2020
got it for my daughter who is attending nursing school at Collage of the Redwoods.
The book is easy to follow
June 17, 2016
I bought this book as I will begin pharm in the fall semester. I wanted to get a head start on it this summer. The book is easy to follow, and full of boxes with added info. So far, so good.
April 5, 2014
It was shipped in proper timing and I had awesome customer service from .com. I also have an excellent professor who explains the material so well that when I revisit the book for further clarification, I am always able to get it. When I have completed the pharmacology course this book will definitely become a reference. Thank you.
needed this for school ….
January 14, 2016
I needed this for school but beware that it DOES NOT come with an access code but I still gave it a 5 star rating because I wasn’t expecting one because I already bought it from the website.
Very easy to read and understand
November 30, 2014
Very easy to read and understand. The best text books I’ve used since college and probably in my life. You can tell this was set up so you could learn efficiently and understand without rereading what you just read a thousand times
None of the books or software is hosted on our website. These are only links to external sources.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.