This book provides a comprehensive overview of current practices in perioperative medicine in pediatric anesthesia.
Current knowledge on vascular and nonvascular access, regional anesthesia, and noninvasive cardiovascular and respiratory monitoring is described. The prevention and treatment of postoperative pain and unsettled behavior after surgery, as well as the long-term consequences of anesthesia and surgery are discussed. Prevention of chronic postsurgical pain and the brain damage that may be associated with anesthesia and surgery are also considered.
The opening section is dedicated to patient care prior to surgery and includes preoperative assessment and preparation. Care in the intraoperative period is then described, including the appropriate care when performing surgery in different locations and in various specialties, such as orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, thoracic surgery, and abdominal and urological surgery. The subsequent section addresses perioperative care in children with special conditions, such as difficult airway, metabolic or neuromuscular diseases, or cancer. The remainder of the book is devoted to a range of further important topics and postoperative care.
Description of Perioperative Medicine in Pediatric Anesthesia
Perioperative Medicine in Pediatric Anesthesia is one book that clears and covers all your basic concepts and knowledge about the medicines that should be prescribed in the pediatric ward during, before or after the perioperative care. This book is a one-time essential read for all medical practitioners in the pediatric ward and medical students during their rotations.
KAPLAN USMLE STEP 2 CK 2018 ALL BOOKS DOWNLOAD
“It should be considered ‘one stop shopping’ for information on the perioperative management of pediatric surgical patients. Each chapter is short and succinct but provides the essential information in handbook style. … An additional highlight of this book is the comprehensive index, which is very well organized and allows the reader to easily locate the subject of interest. Throughout the book, information is presented in a manner appropriate for both trainee and seasoned clinician.” (Lynne R. Ferrari, Anesthesia & Analgesia, Vol. 123 (4), October, 2016). “The writing is clear and easy to understand. The book can readily be used and understood by students, faculty, residents, and fellows. The book is divided into three major sections that correspond to the traditional divisions of surgical care: preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative.” (Robert M. Arensman, Doody’s Book Reviews, June, 2016)
Table of Contents
Perioperative Medicine in Pediatric Anesthesia pdf ebook includes the following chapters and units:
Part 1: Perioperative Care Before Surgery
- Perioperative evaluation in pediatric anesthesia
- Preoperative Preparation
- Preoperative Consideration in Common Pathological and Nonpathological Conditions
Part II Perioperative Care During Surgery
- Perioperative Care in Day Hospital Surgery
- Perioperative Care in Remote Locations
- Perioperative Care in Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Perioperative Care of the Pediatric Neurosurgical Patient
- Pain After Surgical Correction of Congenital Chest Wall Deformities
- General Approach to Abdominal and Pelvic Procedures
Part III Perioperative Care in Special Situations and Conditions
- Perioperative Care of Children with a Difficult Airway
- Perioperative Care of Children with Neuromuscular Disease
- Perioperative Care of Children with a Metabolic Disease
- Perioperative Care of Children with OSA
- Perioperative Care of Children with Trauma
- Perioperative Care of Children with Cancer
- Perioperative Care of Children with Cerebral Palsy and Behavioral Problems
- Perioperative Care of Neonates with Airway Obstruction
Part IV Important Techniques for Perioperative Care
- Vascular Access in the Perioperative Period
- US-Guided Nerve Targets
- Noninvasive Hemodynamic and Respiratory Monitoring During the Perioperative Period
Part V Early and Long-Term Consequences of Anesthesia and Surgery
- Negative Behaviour After Surgery
- Acute Pain Management and Prevention
- Long-Term Consequences of Anesthesia (and Surgery) on the infant brain
- Prevention of Chronic post-surgical pain
Dimensions and Characters of Perioperative Medicine in Pediatric Anesthesia
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Best Book for pediatric department
- File Size: 10 MBs
- 471 Pages
Download Link for Perioperative Medicine in Pediatric Anesthesia
Below is a download button for the Ebook of Perioperative Medicine in Pediatric Anesthesia pdf file. Click it to start your free download.
Download Link 1
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.