Highly Commended at the British Medical Association Book Awards 2016
MRI at a Glance 3rd edition PDF encapsulates essential MRI physics knowledge. Illustrated in full colour throughout, its concise text explains complex information, to provide the perfect revision aid. It includes topics ranging from magnetism to safety, K space to pulse sequences, and image contrast to artefacts.
This third edition has been fully updated, with revised diagrams and new pedagogy, including 55 key points, tables, scan tips, equations, and learning points. There is also an expanded glossary and new appendices on optimizing image quality, parameters and trade-offs.
A companion website is also available at www.ataglanceseries.com/mri featuring animations, interactive multiple choice questions, and scan tips to improve your own MRI technique.
MRI at a Glance 3rd edition pdf is ideal for student radiographers and MRI technologists, especially those undertaking the American Registry of Radiation Technologist (ARRT) MRI examination, as well as other health professionals involved in MRI.
Recommended Books For You
Description of MRI at a Glance 3rd Edition PDF
This book for the study of MRI is one of the best books available in the market for medical students and practitioners. It will provide you with an outlook on the whole of the process of MRI within a week. The Magnetic Resonance Imaging is one process that is carried out frequently in every hospital and clinic and a clear study of this imaging is necessary for all medicolegal professionals. Download the book now and start reading.
Catherine Westbrook, Senior Lecturer and Course Leader, Faculty of Medical Science, Anglia Ruskin University, UK.
Catherine has been involved in MRI education for nearly 25 years. She qualified as a Diagnostic Radiographer in 1981 and specialised in MRI in 1989. She became involved in MRI education soon after, teaching MRI courses and presenting at international conferences since 1992. Catherine has also written some of the leading books in the field.
As one of the first people in the world to obtain a Masters degree in MRI, Catherine began working at Anglia Ruskin University supporting the MSc MRI course in 1996. She has been the course leader since 2004. She also has significant expertise in delivering distance learning and supporting distance learners.
- Feasibility of introducing an initial and exclusive specialist undergraduate degree in MRI
- Portfolios of evidence as an assessment tool in postgraduate distance learning education
- Self assessment and formative assessment in postgraduate distance learning education
- Retention and application of factual knowledge of MR radiographers
- Collaborative online learning tools in distance learning MRI education
- Admissions criteria and how they relate to student performance in distance learning
- Collaborative learning in health care education
Areas of research supervision
- Development of an inventory of biomedical imaging physics learning outcomes for MRI radiographers in Malta (PhD supervision)
- Development of a service management model (service operation model) for MRI services in Malta (PhD supervision)
- Great book for review of things we don’t think about daily as MRI technologists. Love that it was one page per topic and not overdone.
- Perfect, to the point. Good for technologists who want to refresh their MRI physics.
- Amazing book. Excellent for beginners getting to know straight-to-the-point facts.Made me look at MRI from a whole different perspective.
- I liked this book very much. It is really well explained and I have understood a loot of things that weren’t so clear to me before.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and contents in the MRI at a Glance 3rd edition pdf ebook along with page numbers.
- Preface vii
- Acknowledgments viii
- How to use your textbook ix
- About the companion website xi
- 1 Magnetism and electromagnetism 2
- 2 Atomic structure 4
- 3 Alignment 6
- 4 Precession 8
- 5 Resonance and signal generation 10
- 6 Contrast mechanisms 12
- 7 Relaxation mechanisms 14
- 8 T1 Recovery 16
- 9 T2 decay 18
- 10 T1 weighting 20
- 11 T2 weighting 22
- 12 PD weighting 24
- 13 Conventional spin echo 26
- 14 Fast or turbo spin echo how it works 28
- 15 Fast or turbo spin echo how it is used 30
- 16 Inversion recovery 32
- 17 Gradient echo how it works 34
- 18 Gradient echo how it is used 36
- 19 The steady state 38
- 20 Coherent gradient echo 40
- 21 Incoherent gradient echo 42
- 22 Steady-state free precession 44
- 23 Balanced gradient echo 46
- 24 Ultrafast sequences 48
- 25 Diffusion and perfusion imaging 50
- 26 Functional imaging techniques 52
- 27 Gradient functions 54
- 28 Slice selection 56
- 29 Phase encoding 58
- 30 Frequency encoding 60
- 31 K space what is it? 62
- 32 K space how is it filled? 64
- 33 K space and image quality 66
- 34 Data acquisition frequency 68
- 35 Data acquisition phase 70
- 36 Data acquisition scan time 72
- 37 K space traversal and pulse sequences 74
- 38 Alternative K space filling techniques 76
- 39 Signal to noise ratio 78
- 40 Contrast to noise ratio 80
- 41 Spatial resolution 82
- 42 Chemical shift artefacts 84
- 43 Phase mismapping 86
- 44 Aliasing 88
- 45 Other artefacts 90
- 46 Flow phenomena 92
- 47 Time-of-flight MR angiography 94
- 48 Phase contrast MR angiography 96
- 49 Contrast-enhanced MR angiography 98
- 50 Contrast agents 100
- 51 Magnets 102
- 52 Radiofrequency coils 104
- 53 Gradients and other hardware 106
- 54 MR safety bio-effects 108
- 55 MR safety projectiles 110
- Appendix 1a: The results of optimizing image quality 112
- Appendix 1b: Parameters and their associated trade-offs 113
- Appendix 2: Artefacts and their remedies 114
- Appendix 3: Main manufacturers acronyms 115
- Glossary 116
- Index 121
Dimensions and Characters of MRI at a Glance 3rd Edition PDF
- 136 Pages
- File Size: 15 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Imaging Books
Download Button for MRI at a Glance 3rd Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for MRI at a Glance 3rd Edition PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.