Attributes of Montessori from the Start PDF
Based on Dr. Maria Montessori’s philosophies for nurturing babies and toddlers, this practical and useful guide is brimming with instructions, anecdotes, and encouragement for raising calm, competent, and confident children—from designing the baby’s bedroom to encouraging life skills such as dressing themselves and working both independently and collaboratively.Montessori from the Start PDF
What can parents do to help their youngest children in their task of self-formation? How does the Montessori method of hands-on learning and self-discovery relate to newborns, infants, and toddlers? This authoritative and accessible book answers these and many other questions. Its comprehensive exploration of the first three years incorporates the furnishings and tools Dr. Montessori created for the care and comfort of babies.
From the design of the baby’s bedroom to the child-sized kitchen table, from food preparation to clothing and movement, the authors provide guidance for the establishment of a beautiful and serviceable environment for babies and very young children. They also introduce concepts and tasks, taking into account children’s ”sensitive periods” for learning such skills as toilet training.
Written in a clear, engaging style, Montessori from the Start is a must-have for every new parent.
Books You Might Be Interested In
Illustrations of Montessori from the Start PDF
The most featured and reviewed on book Montessori from the Start PDF is available for grabs now here on our website for free. It has been boasted and proven with thousands of user reviews that it has all the information to make you one of the highly qualified professionals in the world of medicine and its branches. Without a doubt a masterpiece for those who aspire to be doctors or heal those they find in ailment. It is a must read again and again for everyone that can get their hands on this limited edition book.
Proportions of Montessori from the Start PDF
- ASIN : 0805211128
- Publisher : Schocken; 1st edition (July 22, 2003)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780805211122
- ISBN-13 : 978-0805211122
- Item Weight : 12.4 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.2 x 0.9 x 8 inches
Reviews From Customers
5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book while pregnant – disregard negative reviews!!
Reviewed in the United States on April 22, 2010
I postponed buying this book until my baby was 5 months because of the negative reviews. I was wrong. After reading the book, I realized that the negative reviews are mostly due to a shallow cursory reading of the book, rather than due to the subject matter. Here is why:
1. The authors do a great job at explaining how the Montessori principles can be applied to newborns. There are NO other books that do so, and the authors are very explicit in stating that the principles are what counts – the application is up to the parent. (But this can be very hard for parents in our “how-to-manual”-driven culture). The most important concept is that of observing the child closely and paying attention to all his cues so you know what works for your child. I take this to mean that I am the final judge of how I implement Montessori methods for my child, and that suits me just fine.
2. The authors recommend the child bed – basically a twin/full mattress on the floor. When I read about this, I thought painfully about the $$$ spent on the crib, co-sleeper, and pack’n play, all of which my child has refused to sleep on in favor of a twin-size daybed we already had. When I discovered that he only wanted to sleep in a big boy bed, I researched a bit on the safety of doing so and other sleep-issues, and found that these authors are not the only ones to suggest a bed on the floor. Dr. Sears ( The Baby Sleep Book: The Complete Guide to a Good Night’s Rest for the Whole Family (Sears Parenting Library) ) and Elizabeth Pantley ( The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night ) make the same suggestion. And yes, I can co-sleep with my baby, which I could not do in his crib.
3. About the breastfeeding/weaning issue: the authors do not suggest early weaning. They suggest following the child but at around 6 months you can start introducing solids to experiment with taste. I looked hard for this because I am a firm believer in breastfeeding for as long as the child wants to – I didn’t find anything to offend this belief. In fact, the book advocates breastfeeding as the best nourishment, and suggests retiring to a quiet environment and focusing on the process, playing with the baby while doing so, instead of watching TV and surfing the net (guilty as charged:).
4. About the early potty training: in my culture babies get potty trained by the age of 12-18 months. There is no pressure of any kind – by the time the baby can sit upright, he is put on the potty at certain times in the day when he is more likely to go. In many cultures (e.g. India, China) infant potty training is the norm. In the US, elimination communication (EC) has been gaining ground, and the proponents of this method start potty training from birth ( Infant Potty Training: A Gentle and Primeval Method Adapted to Modern Living ). This method requires a lot of patience and also a lot of attention to the baby to find out when they eliminate and what their cues are. Sign language is used to communicate the need to go potty since the baby may not be speaking yet. In light of this, the authors are not extreme (in fact quite tame) in their position of suggesting potty training before the AAP recommendation of 2 years old. If the baby can sit upright, that means that myelination of the nerves in the lower part of the body has occurred, which means they can feel when they are wet/dirty and even control that part of their body.
None of the books or software is hosted on our website. These are only links to external sources.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.