Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd edition pdf demonstrates how to apply the core clinical skills learned from the companion textbook Macleod’s Clinical Examination to maximum advantage. Charting the course from routine work-up to diagnosis, this book presents a modern and realistic approach to clinical assessment and explains how to integrate information obtained from the history, examination, bedside tests and specialised investigations.
- The first section Principles of clinical assessment examines different approaches to diagnosis, reviews the fundamental elements necessary for accurate patient assessment, provides a helpful template for a ‘routine workup’ and describes how to adapt the assessment to fit the clinical context.
- The second core section of the book Assessment of common presenting problems contains a series of ‘diagnostic guides’ that lead the reader, step-by-step through the major presenting problems in medicine and surgery, explaining how to recognise red flag features, eliminate life-threatening conditons and generate a logical differential diagnosis.
This book has been praised as an invaluable resource for senior medical students and junior doctors as they attempt to make the difficult transition from mastering basic clinical skills to assessing patients in the real world of clinical medicine.
- A unique book allowing a reader to apply the skills of clinical examination in the formulation of a differential diagnosis and placing a patient’s symptoms in context.
- Takes a problem-based approach to diagnostic reasoning, reflecting both modern medical and current educational practices.
- Builds on the clinical skills outlined in the companion Macleod’s Clinical Examination textbook.
For this Second Edition the text has been expanded with five new topics covering nausea and vomiting; vaginal bleeding; red eye; urinary incontinence; and weight loss
Recommended Books For You
Description of Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF
Macleod’s is known worldwide for its leading medical books in the subject of human examination and diagnosis. This 2nd edition has all the essential information a medical student and a health professional should have to understand the methods and techniques in the diagnosis of a disease. It has all the procedures and technicalities that a doctor should keep in mind while diagnosing the clinical condition of a patient before he/she is treated.It is well-illustrated with relevant information. The emphasis on recapitulating skills comes across very well and this will be a very useful companion to medical students and junior doctors. It contains detailed coverage of how to assess major clinical presentations: text boxes and figures are very practical and easy-to-read quickly. It draws on various resources, largely clinical skills of assessment of symptoms. This makes the material accurate and objective. It is crisp and quick to read with useful information in text boxes. It has basic to advanced information on clinical assessment, which is very useful for all doctors in training. This is a very useful companion to enhance and maintain skill assessment. It was recommended as the BMA best book for the year 2013 and that shows how reliable it is. A must read book.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters in the Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd edition pdf ebook.
Part 1 Principles of clinical assessment
What’s in a diagnosis?
Assessing patients: a practical guide
The diagnostic process
Part 2 Assessment of common presenting problems
Coma and altered consciousness
Confusion: delirium and dementia
GI haemorrhage haemorrhage: haematemesis and rectal bleeding
Low back pain
Mobility problems: falls and immobility
Nausea and vomiting
Rash: acute generalised skin eruption
Transient loss of consciousness: syncope and seizures
Dimensions and Characters
- 328 Pages
- File Size:
- 5-Star Rating
- English Language
- Macleod’s Books
Download Button for Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for the Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.