Dealing with medications is a tricky and complex exercise. To master expertise in the field practitioners and students look for something concrete that can specifically help them in safe and effective prescribing. The book ‘The Features of Lehnes Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician 2nd Edition pdf’ is one of the solid source that will assist in developing knowledge and skills in the use of medications, the risks associated with them, and strategies to increase the benefits and minimize the risks of treatments. It is based on the principles of Medicines and collaborative practice. The book has everything that an advanced practice nursing and Physician Assistant students need to be safe and effective prescribers!
Features of Lehnes Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician 2nd Edition PDF
Lehnes Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician 2nd Edition PDF-Lehne’s Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants, 2nd Edition builds on the same foundation of clearly explained, up-to-date, and clinically current content as the trusted Lehne undergraduate text, while focusing on the information that advanced practice nurses and Physician Assistants specifically need for safe and effective prescribing. Three introductory chapters provide foundational content for new prescribers in the areas of prescriptive authority, rational drug selection, prescription writing, and promoting positive outcomes of drug therapy. Core drug chapters are focused on the drugs that prescribers will most commonly see in clinical practice. A sharp focus is also placed on pharmacotherapeutic decision-making, with Black Box Warnings and new bulleted Key Prescribing Considerations features. The second edition features completely new chapters on Genetic and Genomic Considerations, Muscarinic Antagonists and Immunomodulators, and updated content throughout. It’s everything advanced practice nursing and Physician Assistant students need to be safe and effective prescribers!
- Introductory chapters tailored to the specific needs of prescribers cover topics such as prescriptive authority, rational drug selection and prescription writing, and promoting positive outcomes of drug therapy.
- Carefully focused pharmacotherapeutic content reflects the drugs most commonly seen and used by prescribers, with emphasis not on the first drug discovered or developed in each class but on the agents most often used today. Primary care drugs are addressed first in each chapter as appropriate, followed by acute care drugs.
- UNIQUE! Prescriber-focused pedagogical aids further reinforce the most important information for prescribers.
- Integrated coverage of Canadian trade names appears throughout the text and is highlighted with a familiar maple-leaf icon.
- Integrated coverage of interprofessional collaboration addresses the growing global interest in interprofessional collaboration and incorporates opportunities for interprofessional collaborative practice throughout.
- NEW! Genetic and Genomic Considerations chapter addresses our growing understanding of the importance of genetics and genomics in pharmacotherapeutic management of disease.
- NEW! Immunomodulators chapter covers the growing role of this innovative therapy in cancer treatment.
- NEW! Increased emphasis on the needs of prescribers includes new Key Prescribing Considerations specifically tailored for advanced practice nurses (APNs) and Physician Assistants (PAs), revised introductory disease content, and refocused illustrations.
- NEW! Expanded delineation of acute care drugs now extends to the cardiac, neurologic, hypertension, and male and female reproductive chapters.
- NEW! Significantly revised content on laboratory drug monitoring has been refocused on the needs of APNs and PAs
- NEW! Updated content on drug legislation, opioid addiction, and legalized marijuana addresses these key areas of change for prescribers.
- NEW! Illustrations, tables, and boxes have been substituted for text to highlight treatment guidelines (including decision-making algorithms) and drug mechanisms of action.
- NEW! Improved legibility includes the elimination of “small type” and a more user-friendly graphic design.
- NEW! Updated content covers the areas of drug legislation, opioid addiction, marijuana.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Lehnes Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician 2nd Edition PDF
Lehnes Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician 2nd Edition PDF is one of the best-known books on the subject of nursing and basic medicine. This book covers all the cases and phenomenon a student and professional nurse might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime aid in caring for patients that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
Laura Rosenthal has provided decades of nursing education and leadership that has directly impacted the growing and needed nursing workforce. Her research focused on a holistic investigation of predictors leading to success on the licensure examination. Her findings, published in the Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, led to significant contributions, filling a critical need in NCLEX® preparation. Laura Rosenthal was to provide a holistic educational approach to ensure overall well-being in test anxiety and self-efficacy, and success on the NCLEX®. As a leader in providing global NCLEX® preparation resources published by Elsevier, she strives for excellence in publication quality, based on the discovery of new knowledge in nursing, standards of care, and research-based studies. Her published resources ensure nursing graduates’ ability to make sound clinical judgments as they serve the public and the nursing profession. Laura Rosenthal is also a Next Generation NCLEX® Subject Matter Expert and Consultant for Elsevier.
Laura Rosenthal is a well-known nurse educator, researcher, and author. She has been teaching and working in university administrative roles for the past 10 years at all levels of nursing education. She has experience teaching across the program and in classroom and clinical settings in the areas of Nutrition and Human Development Across the Lifespan, Foundations of Care in Nursing, Gerontological Nursing, Complex Care in Nursing, and Leadership and Transition to Practice in pre-nursing and undergraduate nursing programs. She is currently serving as the Program Director for the undergraduate BSN program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She is a sought-out speaker at national conferences on the topic of nursing school success. Her passion for college student success comes through in her work at the School of Nursing teaching Leadership and licensure exam preparation and in publishing research and best-selling licensure exam review resources on national and international levels
Table of Contents
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION
1. Prescriptive Authority
2. Rational Drug Selection and Prescription Writing
3. Promoting Positive Outcomes of Drug Therapy
UNIT II: BASIC PRINCIPLES OF PHARMACOLOGY
4. Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Drug Interactions
5. Adverse Drug Reactions and Medication Errors
6. Individual Variation in Drug Responses
7. Genetic and Genomic Considerations in Pharmacotherapeutics NEW!
UNIT III: DRUG THERAPY ACROSS THE LIFE SPAN
8. Drug Therapy During Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding
9. Drug Therapy in Pediatric Patients
10. Drug Therapy in Geriatric Patients
UNIT IV: PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DRUGS
11. Basic Principles of Neuropharmacology
12. Physiology of the Peripheral Nervous System
13. Muscarinic Agonists
14. Muscarinic Antagonists NEW!
15. Adrenergic Agonists
16. Adrenergic Antagonists
17. Indirect-Acting Antiadrenergic Agents
UNIT V: CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DRUGS
18. Introduction to Central Nervous System Pharmacology
19. Drugs for Parkinson Disease
20. Drugs for Alzheimer Disease
21. Drugs for Seizure Disorders
22. Drugs for Muscle Spasm and Spasticity
UNIT VI: DRUGS FOR PAIN
23. Local Anesthetics
24. Opioid Analgesics, Opioid Antagonists, and Nonopioid Centrally Acting Analgesics
25. Drugs for Headache
UNIT VII: PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC DRUGS
26. Antipsychotic Agents and Their Use in Schizophrenia
28. Drugs for Bipolar Disorder
29. Sedative-Hypnotic Drugs
30. Management of Anxiety Disorders
31. Central Nervous System Stimulants and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
UNIT VIII: SUBSTANCE USE DISORDERS
32. Substance Use Disorders I: Basic Considerations
33. Substance Use Disorders II: Alcohol
34. Substance Use Disorders III: Nicotine and Smoking
35. Substance Use Disorders IV: Major Drugs of Abuse Other Than Alcohol and Nicotine
UNIT IX: DRUGS THAT AFFECT THE HEART, BLOOD VESSELS, BLOOD, AND BLOOD VOLUME36. Review of Hemodynamics
38. Drugs Acting on the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System
39. Calcium Channel Blockers
41. Drugs for Hypertension
42. Drugs for Heart Failure
43. Antidysrhythmic Drugs
44. Prophylaxis of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: Drugs That Help Normalize Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
45. Drugs for Angina Pectoris
46. Anticoagulant, Antiplatelet, and Thrombolytic Drugs
47. Drugs for Deficiency Anemias
UNIT X: DRUGS FOR ENDOCRINE DISORDERS
48. Drugs for Diabetes Mellitus
49. Drugs for Thyroid Disorders
UNIT XI: WOMEN’S HEALTH
50. Estrogens and Progestins: Basic Pharmacology and Noncontraceptive Applications
51. Birth Control
UNIT XII: MEN’S HEALTH
53. Drugs for Erectile Dysfunction and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
UNIT XIII: ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, ANTIALLERGIC, AND IMMUNOLOGIC DRUGS
54. Review of the Immune System
55. Childhood Immunization
57. Cyclooxygenase Inhibitors: Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs and Acetaminophen
58. Glucocorticoids in Nonendocrine Disorders
UNIT XIV: DRUGS FOR BONE AND JOINT DISORDERS
59. Drug Therapy of Rheumatoid Arthritis
60. Drug Therapy of Gout
61. Drugs Affecting Calcium Levels and Bone Mineralization
UNIT XV: RESPIRATORY TRACT DRUGS
62. Drugs for Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
63. Drugs for Allergic Rhinitis, Cough, and Colds
UNIT XVI: GASTROINTESTINAL DRUGS
64. Drugs for Peptic Ulcer Disease
66. Other Gastrointestinal Drugs
UNIT XVII: NUTRITION AND COMPLIMENTARY THERAPIES
68. Drugs for Weight Loss
69. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
UNIT XIII: THERAPY OF INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES
70. Basic Principles of Antimicrobial Therapy
71. Drugs That Weaken the Bacterial Cell Wall I: Penicillins
72. Drugs That Weaken the Bacterial Cell Wall II: Other Drugs
73. Bacteriostatic Inhibitors of Protein Synthesis
74. Aminoglycosides: Bactericidal Inhibitors of Protein Synthesis
75. Sulfonamides and Trimethoprim
76. Drug Therapy of Urinary Tract Infections
77. Drugs Therapy for Tuberculosis
78. Miscellaneous Antibacterial Drugs
79. Antifungal Agents
80. Antiviral Agents I: Drugs for Non-HIV Viral Infections
81. Antiviral Agents II: Drugs for HIV Infection and Related Opportunistic Infections
82. Drug Therapy of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
83. Anthelmintics, Antiprotozoal Drugs, and Ectoparasiticides
UNIT XIX: CANCER THERAPY
84. Introduction to Immunomodulators NEW!
85. Supportive Care of Patients Receiving Anticancer Drugs
86. Drugs for Cancer Pain
UNIT XX: Drugs for Eyes, Ears, and Skin
87. Drugs for the Eye
88. Drugs for the Skin
89. Drugs for the Ear
UNIT XXI: DRUG THERAPY IN ACUTE CARE
90. Agents Affecting the Volume and Ion Content of Body Fluids
91. Management of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
92. Additional Acute Care Drugs
APPENDIX: Canadian Drug Information
Dimensions and Characters of Lehnes Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician 2nd Edition PDF
- Publisher : Saunders; 2nd edition (March 12, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 944 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 0323554954
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-0323554954
- Item Weight : 4.19 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.25 x 1.25 x 10.5 inches
- Book Name : Lehnes Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician 2nd Edition PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.