From the authors of pharmacology’s most trusted textbook, Katzung and Trevor’s Pharmacology 11th Edition PDF, this authoritative resource delivers a clear, concise review of fundamental concepts backed by more than 800 review questions and answers. The chapter-based approach facilitates use with course notes or larger texts.
Valuable learning aids include:
- Short discussion of the major concepts that underlie basic principles or specific drug groups in every chapter
- Explanatory figures and tables (many in full color) •
- Review questions followed by answers and explanations
- Overview diagrams visually organize drug groups and concepts
- A list of high-yield terms and definitions you need to know
- Skill Keeper Questions prompt you to review previous material to understand links between related topics
- A checklist of tasks you should be able to perform upon completion of each chapter
- Summary tables that list the important drugs and include key information about their mechanisms of action and effects, clinical uses, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions, and toxicities
- Two comprehensive 100-question examinations followed by the answer keys and explanations for the correct answers
- An appendix describing test-taking strategies for improving your test performance
Recommended Books For You
Description of Katzung and Trevor’s Pharmacology 11th Edition PDF
This book for the subject of pharmacology is one of the best medical books a student can look for. Katzung and Trevor have for years been producing updated versions of this and is recognized as the most famous pharmacology book in the medical school years of students. It contains updated knowledge and crispier images for better understanding and is a masterpiece every one should buy.
Anthony Trevor, PhD Professor Emeritus of Pharmacology and Toxicology,Department of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco.
Bertram G. Katzung, MD, PhD Professor Emeritus Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology , University of California, San Francisco.
Marieke Kruidering, PhD Associate Professor, Cellular Molecular Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco.
User Reviews for Katzung and Trevor’s Pharmacology 11th Edition PDF
Great Pharm review for medical students! The drugs are extremely organized and has all the High Yield information you need for course exams, while also being VERY concise. Could spend 1/4 of the time studying with Katzung’s review book compared to studying the same drugs with other Pharm texts. Currently studying for both the USMLE Step 1 and COMLEX Level 1 and this is my staple study resource for all pharmacology review. This was a lifesaver for organizing the different categories of drugs, differentiating their MOA’s, etc. I highly recommend this purchase! Trust me, don’t stall like I did and get it now and you will never regret it!
Good questions, but review is not quite as comrehensive as compared to LIR Pharmacology. If you don’t have the time for Katzung’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, LIR is a better bet. I wish that they had simply added the questions to the Basic and Clinical Pharmacology so I wouldn’t have to buy this book for them and put out slightly more comprehensive review version with the same questions for those that are time-strapped.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Katzung & Trevor’s Pharmacology 11th Edition PDF ebook.
- I.Basic Principles
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Pharmacodynamics
- 3. Pharmacokinetics
- 4. Drug Metabolism
- 5. Drug Evaluation & Regulation II. Autonomic Drugs
- 6. Introduction to Autonomic Pharmacology
- 7. Cholinoceptor-Activating & Cholinesterase-Inhibiting Drugs
- 8. Cholinoceptor Blockers & Cholinesterase Regenerators
- 9. Sympathomimetics
- 10. Adrenoceptor Blockers III. Cardiovascular Drugs
- 11. Drugs Used in Hypertension
- 12. Drugs Used in the Treatment of Angina Pectoris
- 13. Drugs Used in Heart Failure
- 14. Antiarrhythmic Drugs
- 15. Diuretic Agents IV. Drugs with Important Actions on Smooth Muscle
- 16. Histamine, Serotonin, & the Ergot Alkaloids
- 17. Vasoactive Peptides
- 18. Prostaglandins & Other Eicosanoids
- 19. Nitric Oxide, Donors, and Inhibitors
- 20. Bronchodilators & Other Drugs Used in Asthma V. Drugs That Act in the Central Nervous System
- 21. Introduction to CNS Pharmacology
- 22. Sedative-Hypnotic Drugs
- 23. Alcohols
- 24. Antiseizure Drugs
- 25. General Anesthetics
- 26. Local Anesthetics
- 27. Skeletal Muscle Relaxants
- 28. Drugs Used in Parkinsonism & Other Movement Disorders
- 29. Antipsychotic Drugs & Lithium
- 30. Antidepressants
- 31. Opioid Analgesics & Antagonists
- 32. Drugs of Abuse VI. Drugs with Important Actions on Blood, Inflammation, & Gout
- 33. Agents Used in Anemias & Hematopoietic Growth Factors
- 34. Drugs Used in Coagulation Disorders
- 35. Drugs Used in the Treatment of Hyperlipidemias
- 36. NSAIDs, Acetaminophen, & Drugs Used in Rheumatoid Arthritus and Gout VII. Endocrine Drugs
- 37. Hypothalamic & Pituitary Hormones
- 38. Thyroid & Antithyroid Drugs
- 39. Corticosteroids & Antagonists
- 40. Gonadal Hormones & Inhibitors
- 41. Pancreatic Hormones, Antidiabetic Agents, & Glucagon
- 42. Drugs that Affect Bone Mineral Homeostasis VIII. Chemotherapeutic Drugs
- 43. Beta-Lactam Antibiotics & Other Cell Wall Synthesis Inhibitors
- 44. Chloramphenicol, Tetracyclines, Macrolides, Clindamycin, Streptogramins, & Linezoid
- 45. Aminoglycosides
- 46. Sulfonamides, Trimethoprim, & Fluoroquinolones
- 47. Antimycobacterial Drugs
- 48. Antifungal Agents
- 49. Antiviral Chemotherapy & Prophylaxis
- 50. Miscellaneous Antimicrobial Agents & Urinary Antiseptics
- 51. Clinical Use of Antimicrobials
- 52. Antiprotozoal Drugs
- 53. Anthelmintic Drugs
- 54. Cancer Chemotherapy
- 55. Immunopharmacology IX. Toxicology
- 56. Environmental and Occupational Toxicology
- 57. Heavy Metals
- 58. Management of the Poisoned Patient X. Special Topics
- 59. Drugs Used in Gastrointestinal Disorders
- 60. Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medications
- 61. Drug Interactions
- Appendix I.
- Key Words for Key Drugs Appendix II.
- Examination 1
- Appendix III.
- Examination 2
- Appendix IV.
- Strategies for Improving Test Performance
Dimensions and Characters
- 592 Pages
- File Size: 69 MBs
- 5-Star Rating
- English Language
- Lange Pharmacology Book
Download Button for Katzung and Trevor’s Pharmacology 11th Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for the Katzung and Trevor’s Pharmacology 11th Edition PDF ebook. Click it to get it.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests