Harrison’s Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders 3rd edition PDF – with all the authority of Harrison’s
A Doody’s Core Title for 2017!
Featuring a superb compilation of chapters related to nephrology and acid-base disorders derived from Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, Nineteenth Edition (including content from the acclaimed Harrison’s DVD, now available here in print), this concise, full-color clinical companion delivers the latest knowledge in the field backed by the scientific rigor and authority that have defined Harrison’s. You will find 23 chapters from 45 renowned editors and contributors in a carry-anywhere presentation that is ideal for the classroom, clinic, ward, or exam/certification preparation.
- Content reflects the full scope of nephrology
• Valuable opening sections provides a systems overview, covering renal development, function, and physiology, and provides an overview of how the kidney responds to injury
• Complete coverage of essential topics such as acidosis and alkalosis, fluid and electrolyte disorders, and hypercalcemia
• Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management
• High-yield board review questions make this text ideal for keeping current and preparing for the boards
• Helpful appendix of laboratory values of clinical importance
Recommended Books For You
Description of Harrison’s Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders 3rd Edition PDF
Harrison has made all the best medical books for students and health professionals around the world from internal medicine to Rheumatology. This edition of the Acid-base disorders and nephrology is also a part of it. This is the 3rd edition of this masterpiece and it has all the additional and updated information along with crispier images. It has all the essential knowledge in the subject and is a must download for all. Buy now.
J. Larry Jameson, M.D., Ph.D., became Executive Vice President of the University of Pennsylvania for the Health System and Dean of the Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine on July 1, 2011. Together, the two entities make up Penn Medicine, a more than $6.5 billion enterprise dedicated to excellence in the related missions of medical education, biomedical research, and patient care.
Founded in 1765 as the Colonies’ first medical school, the Perelman School of Medicine is now home to over 2,000 full-time faculty members and more than 3,500 students, trainees, residents, and fellows. The School receives nearly $750 million in sponsored program research. The University of Pennsylvania Health System includes multiple nationally ranked hospitals, a clinical network that includes primary care, a faculty practice plan, home care, hospice, nursing homes, and three multispecialty satellite facilities.
Before coming to Penn Medicine, Dr. Jameson was Dean of the Feinberg School of Medicine and Vice President of Medical Affairs at Northwestern University, positions he held since 2007. He joined Northwestern University Medical School in 1993 as chief of the Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, a position he held for seven years. In 2000, he was named Irving S. Cutter Professor of Medicine and chair of the Department of Medicine.
Joseph Loscalzo, MD (Boston, MA) is Physician-in-Chief at Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Dr. Loscalzo is one of the most respected cardio-pulmonary specialists in the world.
User Reviews for Harrison’s Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders 3rd Edition PDF
- Very thorough, readable and well-written work. A great review of nephrology particularly for the non-nephrologist. It’s a 5-star book with 3-star e-formatting, so I split the difference.
The e-book is not cheap and does not navigate well. If you are going to charge more than the $9.99 of an ebook, please make the index navigate. I keep it on my ipad as a quick work reference and want to be able to use the index.
Excellent synopsis of acid base balance and related disorders. Definitely the book of choice for this topic.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Harrison’s Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders 3rd Edition PDF.
SECTION I: INTRODUCTION TO THE RENAL SYSTEM
- 1. Basic Biology of the Kidney, Alfred L. George, Jr., Eric G. Neilson
- 2. Adaptation of the Kidney to Renal Injury, Raymond C. Harris, Jr., Eric G. Neilson
SECTION II: ALTERATIONS OF RENAL FUNCTION AND ELECTROLYTES
- 3. Azotemia and Urinary Abnormalities, Bradley M. Denker, Barry M. Brenner
- 4. Atlas of Urinary Sediments and Renal Biopsies, Agnes B. Fogo, Eric G. Neilson
- 5. Acidosis and Alkalosis, Thomas D. DuBose, Jr.
- 6. Fluid and Electrolyte Disturbances, Gary G. Singer, Barry M. Brenner
- 7. Hypercalcemia and Hypocalcemia, Sundeep Khosla
- 8. Hyperuricemia and Gout, Robert L. Wortmann, H. Ralph Schumacher, Lan X. Chen
- 9. Nephrolithiasis, John R. Asplin, Fredric L. Coe, Murray J. Favus
SECTION III: ACUTE AND CHRONIC RENAL FAILURE
- 10. Acute Renal Failure, Kathleen D. Liu, Glenn M. Chertow
- 11. Chronic Kidney Disease, Joanne M. Bargman, Karl Skorecki
- 12. Dialysis in the Treatment of Renal Failure, Kathleen D. Liu, Glenn M. Chertow
- 13. Transplantation in the Treatment of Renal Failure, Charles B. Carpenter, Edgar L. Milford, Mohamed H. Sayegh
- 14. Infections in Transplant Recipients, Robert Finberg, Joyce Fingeroth
SECTION IV: GLOMERULAR AND TUBULAR DISORDERS
- 15. Glomerular Diseases, Julia B. Lewis, Eric G. Neilson
- 16. Polycystic Kidney Disease and Other Inherited Tubular Disorders, David J. Salant, Parul S. Patel
- 17. Tubulointerstitial Diseases of the Kidney, Alan S. L. Yu, Barry M. Brenner
SECTION V: RENAL VASCULAR DISEASE
- 18. Vascular Injury to the Kidney, Kamal F. Badr, Barry M. Brenner
- 19. Hypertensive Vascular Disease, Theodore A. Kotchen
SECTION VI: URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS AND OBSTRUCTION
- 20. Urinary Tract Infections, Pyelonephritis, and Prostatitis, Walter E. Stamm
- 21. Urinary Tract Obstruction, Julian L. Seifter, Barry M. Brenner
SECTION VII: CANCER OF THE KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT
- 22. Bladder and Renal Cell Carcinomas, Howard I. Scher, Robert J. Motzer Appendix: Laboratory Values of Clinical Importance, Alexander Kratz, Michael A. Pesce, Daniel J. Fink
- Review and Self-Assessment: Charles Wiener, Gerald Bloomfield, Cynthia D. Brown, Joshua Schiffer, Adam Spivak
Dimensions and Characters
- 352 Pages
- File Size: 20 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Harrison’s Medical Books
Download Button for Harrison’s Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders 3rd Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for the Harrison’s Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders 3rd Edition PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.