Now combining general surgery and the specialties in one volume, this Sixth Edition of Essentials of General Surgery and Surgical Specialties pdf focuses on the information all medical students need to know to pass the NBME surgery shelf or other surgery rotation examinations. This new edition of Lawrence’s popular text offers concise, high-yield content and a smaller format ideal for study on the go. Updated to reflect the latest advances in the field, it provides the authoritative, up-to-date content today’s busy medical students need for exam success.
- Includes general surgery and surgical specialties all in one volume
- Offers authoritative information by leading surgery educators
- Provides five in-book practice questions per chapter, with additional questions online
- Practice questions include answers and references to the area within the text where the topics are covered
- Focuses on high-yield information for quick reference
- Offers an array of online resources for both students and faculty
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more
Recommended Books For You
Description of Essentials of General Surgery and Surgical Specialties PDF
This book for the subject of surgery and it’s specialties is one of the most wanted book on the market by consultants and students who aspire to pursue a career in surgery. It has been awarded several times at the BMA book awards and is declared one of the best surgery books available. A must read atleast one for every surgery postgraduate or consultant. Download now.
Peter F Lawrence. As he completed his term as president of the Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS), Peter F. Lawrence, MD, began his term as chair of the SVS Foundation at the society’s 2015 annual meeting in Chicago in June. The Foundation supports research to improve the quality of vascular patient care.
Dr. Lawrence will oversee the foundation’s competitive peer-reviewed grant-making initiatives, which are enabled by contributions from members, medical societies and corporations.
“We have an important opportunity through the SVS Foundation to support world-class clinical outcomes research,” Dr. Lawrence said. “Particularly for studies that compare outcomes for endovascular and open surgery procedures, I look forward to generous support from colleagues across the medical specialties whose patients rely on our leadership.”
Medical societies that contribute to the SVS Foundation include the Society for Vascular Surgery, American College of Surgeons, American Podiatric Medical Association, Eastern Vascular Society, Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society, New England Society for Vascular Surgery, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, Southern Association for Vascular Surgery, Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Society and the Western Vascular Society.
Dr. Lawrence is chief of vascular surgery and professor of surgery at ULCA’s David Geffen School of Medicine and director of the Gonda Vascular, Wound Treatment and Clinical Tissue Engineering Centers. Dr. Lawrence also holds the UCLA Bergman Chair in Vascular Research. His research, related to aneurysms, limb salvage and venous disease, has earned funding from the National institutes of Health and the Department of Defense and others, including $5.5 million in grant support over the past five years.
User Reviews for Essentials of General Surgery and Surgical Specialties PDF
- This book was recommended for my surgery core by my attending. It’s an easy and informative read, but not a white coat pocket friendly size. It’s great at explaining what is expected of you, the common pre-op and post-op procedures and complications, as well as common procedures you’ll be exposed to during the three months. As for the shelf, there are pocket guides such as Pastina’s 180 Surgical Notes and NMS Case Files that are more high yield, but this text is great for a real understanding of what you need to know (and are likely to get pimped on in the OR).
- This book is a good resource for the third year medical student. As others have noted, improvements could be made to the organization (key points, summary, etc.) but this does not markedly detract from the book’s content.
A few notes to be aware of/why it gets fewer stars:
-The online access is essentially just a searchable .pdf – not nearly the user-friendly, cross-platform functionality available with Inkling.
-The “bonus online chapters” appeared in prior print editions – they have simply been put online rather than actually printing the extra pages in this edition.
-The copy editing in this edition is terrible. For example, in the first chapter, every time the word “physicians” appears, it is written as “Physician’s.” Further, particularly in a book meant to be a resource for beginners in a field, misspellings like “palmer erythema” are unacceptable.
To be fair, my criticisms are directed at the publisher (I’ve found similar problems with other LWW medical books) rather than the content of the text. I’ll continue to use the book because it is what our school requires for our surgery clerkship, but I am not happy with the value. I would happily buy a book with similar content from a different publisher if given the choice
Dimensions and Characters
- 860 Pages
- File Size: 8.2 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Essentials of General Surgery and Surgical Specialties Sixth North American Edition Download
Download Button for Essentials of General Surgery and Surgical Specialties PDF
Shown below is a white download button for Essentials of General Surgery and Surgical Specialties PDF. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.