Deja Review Psychiatry PDF boils down your coursework to just the critical concepts you need to know for exam success. This unbeatable guide features a quick-read, two-column, “flashcard in a book” Q&A format. – specifically designed to help you remember a large amount of pertinent information in the least amount of time possible. The format allows you to zero-in on only the correct answers to promote memory retention and get the most out of your study time. Great for last minute review of high-yield facts, Deja Review provides a straightforward way for you to assess your strengths and weaknesses so you can excel on the clerkship and the USMLE Step 2 CK.
- Icons call attention to must-know high-yield facts.
- Expanded coverage on Psychopharmacology
- Active recall questions allow you to understand, not just memorize the content
- Clinical vignettes at the end of chapters prepare you for board-style questions
- Portable size for study on the go – fits into your coat pocket
- Bookmark included to guide you through easy-to-use flashcard presentation
Recommended Books For You
Description of Deja Review Psychiatry PDF
This book for the subject of Psychiatry is one of the best medical books a student can find on the market or online to study for their Step 1 exams. This book has all the essential information from text to tables for the subject of psychiatry and how to deal with the patients. Each year thousands of students put their trust in the Deja Review series and have successfully passed their exams using it. A must read book atleast once.
Dr. Gopal is a psychiatrist and author based in San Francisco. He received his BA from Princeton and MD from Tufts. During medical school, he was selected for the Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship at Harvard and spent a year conducting neuroscience and brain-computer interface research. He then completed his residency at UCSF Department of Psychiatry, where he was Chief Resident.
Throughout his training, Dr. Gopal collaborated with the co-director of Harvard’s forensic psychiatry program. He currently serves as a corresponding member of the Program in Psychiatry and the Law at Harvard Medical School. He received further forensics training with a fellowship at the UCSF Program in Psychiatry and the Law and has been recognized for his achievement in the field with both the prestigious Rappeport Fellowship and the Resnick Scholarship. He provides expert testimony on cases involving aid-in-dying, informed consent and malpractice, sex offenders, professional and organizational ethics, and criminal justice. He also frequently consults with media outlets and gives lectures around the world on topics in general and forensic psychiatry.
Dr. Gopal maintains a concierge psychiatry practice in San Francisco and Los Angeles with psychotherapy at the core of his work. He also works in the inpatient hospital setting treating adolescents. When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Gopal writes. He has published numerous academic articles and books in psychiatry, and he is a regular contributor to the Huffington Post and a blog that he shares with his wife. His opinion pieces on helicopter parenting and how a good psychiatrist is hard to find have been widely circulated and cited in both books and online articles. He is currently working on a memoir set to be released in 2019.
User Reviews for Deja Review Psychiatry PDF
Great review book with simple bullet points makes for easy studying. Book is great size for carrying with you on rotation and easy to put down and pick back up due to bullet point style.
Great book to help clinician seasoned and newly ones to remember stuff. Very compact but with a wealth of info.
- As I have gone through medical school, now finished with Step 1, I am constantly looking for a way to improve my studying with an emphasis on high yield resources that help me to actually remember the information in a testing setting. The Deja Review Psychiatry book (and the series in general) is a new find for me that I am finding to be particularly helpful. The unique feature of Deja Review is that the whole book is structured in two columns, with questions on one side and their answers on the other. These questions are usually much shorter than standard boards questions, and are more basic recall oriented. I have found that First Aid for the various subjects (including Psychiatry) is the most useful for a first pass at the information, with a written description of various dissorders, with charts etc to compare them to other similar presentations. However, while Deja Review isn’t the best at orienting to a condition with all of its intricacies during a first pass review, it is a fantastic last step that I will continue to use in the 1-3 days prior to big exams. It’s basically a few thousand questions to run through like flashcards (with well chosen content).It’s question based but faster than doing long questions like USMLE World, it allows a more analytical synthesis of information in a question based format that helps me to learn/remember facts better and is a relatively short book that can be run through completely in a half day or so. The psychiatry specific Deja Review book was accurate, and had excellent questions selected that hit the highlights and nearly all of the questions I faced either with attendings on the wards and also on the exam.
In summary, it’s an excellent resource, great for final review but not as helpful as a first step to approach the information.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Deja Review Psychiatry PDF ebook.
Chapter 1. Classic Psychology
Chapter 2. Mood Disorders
Chapter 3. Anxiety Disorders
Chapter 4. Psychotic Disorders
Chapter 5. Personality Disorders
Chapter 6. Childhood Disorders
Chapter 7. Cognitive Disorders
Chapter 8. Somatoform Disorders, Factitious Disorders, and Malingering
Chapter 9. Sleep Disorders
Chapter 10. Substance-Related Disorders
Chapter 11. Eating Disorders
Chapter 12. Miscellaneous Disorders
Chapter 13. Law and Ethics in Psychiatry
Chapter 14. Psychopharmacology
Dimensions and Characters
- 244 Pages
- File Size: 8 MBs
- 5-Star Rating
- English Language
- Deja Review Series
Download button for Deja Review Psychiatry PDF
Shown below is a white download button for the Deja Review Psychiatry PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.