Features of Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses PDF
#1 DRUG BOOK for Nursing Students! “This is the perfect drug book for nursing school! All the information on the meds is in-depth and all that you need to know.”—Abby W. Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses PDF
Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses®, Seventeenth Edition delivers all the information you need to administer medications safely across the lifespan—well-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade-name drugs.
FREE DIGITAL ACCESS
Redeem the access code to unlock your one-year, free subscription to DrugGuide.com, Davis’s Drug Guide Online, powered by Unbound Medicine. You’ll have access to more than 1,700 monographs from your desktop, laptop, or any mobile device with a web browser.
- Search the complete 5,000-drug database and appendices quickly and efficiently.
- Build your knowledge with extensively cross-referenced drugs.
- Keep up to date with FDA drug news.
LIFE-SAVING GUIDANCE … AT A GLANCE
- New! The AGS Beers Criteria for Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older Adults
- #1 Drug Guide for patient safety
- Red tab for high alert medications, plus in-depth high alert and patient safety coverage
- Red, capitalized letters for life-threatening side effects
- REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies) icon
- Drug-drug, drug-food, drug-natural product interactions
- Special considerations for patient populations.
- Geri heading identifies special concerns for older adults.
- OB and Lact headings highlight information for pregnant and breastfeeding patients.
- Pedi heading identifies concerns for children.
- Rep heading identifies considerations for patients of reproductive age.
- IV Administration subheads
- Pharmacogenomic content
- Canadian-specific content
- In-depth guidance for patient and family teaching
FREE LEARNING, CARE PLANNING, AND PATIENT EDUCATION TOOLS
Online at FADavis.com
- Audio Library of 1,200+ drug names help you pronounce important terms
- Two tutorials, each with a self-test
- Preventing Medication Errors
- Psychotropic Drugs
- Easy-to-Use Calculators
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Metric conversions
- IV drip rates
- Interactive Case Studies – brief, real-life scenarios that are followed by a series of questions
- Audio podcasts delivering information on…
- Risk Evaluation Mitigation Systems (REMS)
- How to use Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses®
- Detecting and managing ADRs
- Evidence-based practice and Pharmacotherapeutics
- Medication errors
- Special dosing considerations
- Educating patients about Safe Medication Use
- Video clips illustrating the safe administration of medications
ONLINE REVIEWS OF THE 16TH EDITION OF DAVIS’S DRUG GUIDE FOR NURSES
Five Stars. “I LOVE that this includes nursing interventions, patient teaching and an online access code. Highly recommend.”—E.G.
Accurate and up to date. “Top notch for nursing students! Includes many things other drug guides l
Recommended Books For You
Description of Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses PDF
The most featured and reviewed on book Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses PDF is available for grabs now here on our website for free. It has been boasted and proven with thousands of user reviews that it has all the information to make you one of the highly qualified professionals in the world of medicine and its branches. Without a doubt a masterpiece for those who aspire to be doctors or heal those they find in ailment. It is a must read again and again for everyone that can get their hands on this limited edition book.
Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses provides comprehensive, up-to-date drug information in well-organized, nursing-focused monographs. It also includes extensive supplemental material in 14 appendices, thoroughly addresses the issue of safe medication administration, and educates the reader about 50 different therapeutic classes of drugs. In this 17th edition, we have continued the tradition of focusing on safe medication administration by including Medication Safety Tools and even more information about health care’s most vulnerable patients: children, the elderly, pregnant women, and breast feeding mothers. Look for more Pedi, Geri, OB, and Lactation headings throughout the monographs. We have also included a BEERS label at the top of applicable drug monographs for those medications listed in the Beers Criteria developed by the American Geriatrics Society. These medications are considered to be potentially inappropriate for use in older adults because they are associated with more risk than benefit in this patient population. In addition, we’ve included information relevant to Canadian students and nurses. You’ll find an appendix comparing Canadian and U.S. pharmaceutical practices, more Canada-only combination drugs in the Combination Drugs appendix, and additional Canadian brand names in the drug monographs. To help you find this information quickly, we’ve also added a maple leaf icon () in the index next to each Canadian entry. We have added pharmacogenomic information throughout numerous monographs to guide the nurse in selecting and monitoring various drug therapies. To help you find this information quickly, we’ve added a double helix icon () to denote this information as it applies to specific drugs. Use this book to enhance your competence in implementing and evaluating medication therapies. The following sections describe the organization of Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses and explain how to quickly find the information you need.
Dimensions and Characteristics of Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses PDF
- Publisher : F.A. Davis Company; Seventeenth edition (May 21, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1488 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 171964005X
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-1719640053
- Item Weight : 2.16 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 2 x 8.3 inches
January 4, 2021
March 26, 2021
July 21, 2020
August 18, 2020
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.