Using a highly readable, case-based format, Clinical Scenarios in Surgery 2nd Edition PDF , presents 135 cases that take readers step by step through the principles of safe surgical care. Ideal for senior surgical residents who are preparing for the oral board exam, this updated resource presents today’s standards of care in all areas of general surgery, including abdominal wall, upper GI, emergency general surgery, hepatobiliary, colorectal, breast, endocrine, thoracic, vascular, pediatric, skin and soft tissue, trauma, critical care, transplant, and head and neck surgeries.
- Fourteen chapters are new to the Second Edition, including six in the greatly-expanded section on Trauma.
- Each full-color case begins with a patient presentation and proceeds through differential diagnosis, workup, diagnosis and treatment, surgical procedures, postoperative management, and a case conclusion.
- Coverage includes key technical steps, potential pitfalls and special intraoperative considerations, take-home points, and suggested readings.
- Color figures, tables, and algorithms present information in a format that is easy to understand and remember.
- Every chapter includes a table summarizing Key Technical Steps and Potential Pitfalls for the procedure discussed.
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Clinical Scenarios in Surgery 2nd Edition PDF
This book for the subject of surgery is one of the best medical books available for students to look upto for further studies and to learn from. It is recommended for all medical students worldwide as it has all the basic information a student or a resident needs. It has all the best scenarios in the surgery based department to familiarize with and understand the treatment. Download now.
Justin B. Dimick, M.D., MPH is the George D. Zuidema Professor of Surgery, Chief of the Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery, and Associate Chair for Strategy & Finance at the University of Michigan. Dr. Dimick is a graduate of Cornell University and Johns Hopkins Medical School. He completed his surgical training at the University of Michigan and a health services research fellowship at the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice.
Dr. Dimick’s clinical practice is primarily devoted to advanced laparoscopy, including treatment of morbid obesity, gastroesophageal reflux (GERD), paraesophageal hernias, abdominal wall hernias, and other benign and neoplastic diseases of the stomach, spleen, and foregut. He is the editor of the widely read surgical textbook, Clinical Scenarios in Surgery: Decision Making and Operative Technique, published by Lippincott (2012).
Dr. Dimick is Director of the Center for Healthcare Outcomes & Policy at the University of Michigan, which includes 100+ faculty and staff focused on improving the quality and efficiency of acute and specialty care. With R01 funding from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and National Institutes of Health (NIH), his own research focuses on quality measurement, policy evaluation, and large-scale, innovative quality improvement interventions. He is also the PI on a NIH T32 grant focused on training the next generation of surgeon-scientists. He has more than 200 peer-reviewed publications, including papers in NEJM, JAMA, Health Affairs, and the leading surgical journals.
User Reviews For Clinical Scenarios in Surgery 2nd Edition PDF
- Bought this on the recommendation of an attending to help prep for oral boards. This is a great resource for general surgery residents. The chapters are broken down and easy to read. This is a great adjunct to any formal surgical text book.
- Very informative book. Easy to read and information is straightforward cut and dried.
- Excellent book. Great for CE and for chief year
Dimensions and Characters
- 784 Pages
- File Size: 20 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Clinical Scenarios in Surgery Second Edition PDF
Download Button for Clinical Scenarios in Surgery 2nd Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for Clinical Scenarios in Surgery 2nd Edition PDF. Click the download button to get it free.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.