Postoperative care of the cardiac surgery patient is both challenging and dynamic. Nurses in critical care perform very crucial role in patient’s recovery and health. This book ‘Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing 3rd Edition PDF’ is an evidence based resource for all new and experienced nurses caring for patients in critical care units post cardiac surgery. If you’re a critical care nurse, then this book is a must-have reference for you while you care for acutely and critically ill patients. Moreover, this book also prepare nurses who plan to take the Cardiac Surgery Certification (CSC) subspecialty exam offered by AACN. Take a step toward adding efficiency into your practice. PDF format of the guide is available in this blog post.
Description of Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing 3rd Edition PDF
Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing 3rd Edition Pdf :- Patients who undergo cardiac surgery require specialized care. Critical care nurses are crucial to their postoperative recovery and health. Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing, Third Edition is an indispensable resource for new and experienced nurses caring for patients in critical care units immediately following cardiac surgery and in the transitioning to home. With an evidence based foundation, the Third Edition addresses nursing knowledge to meet the needs of acutely ill patients and strategies to optimizing patient outcomes in this dynamic field. Vital information has been added and updated to reflect significant changes in cardiac surgery as well as four new chapters based on needs of patients, families, and readers. These new chapters address nutritional issues, post ICU care, psychological and spiritual support, and rehabilitation care post cardiac surgery.
Published in partnership with the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN), Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing, Third Edition is a must have reference for all nurses caring for acute and critically ill patients and an ideal resource to help prepare nurses who plan to take the Cardiac Surgery Certification (CSCÂ ) subspecialty exam offered by the AACN.
Dr. Sonya Renae Hardin is a Professor and Dean in the School of Nursing at University of Louisville, Louisiville, KY. She has provided academic leadership for nursing administration, nursing education and nurse practitioner programs. Dr. Hardin has co-authored three books and numerous book chapters and articles in critical care, cardiovascular disease and geriatrics. She serves on several editorial boards and reviews for many journal focused on critical care and geriatrics. Her PhD is from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. She is certified as a Critical Care Nurse and an Adult Nurse Practitioner with experience teaching in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. Her scholarship includes serving as PI on a HRSA funded Geriatric Workforce Enhance Program grant focused on improving care in rural eastern North Carolina through interprofessional education. She has served on expert panels to develop geriatric competencies and standards of care.
Dr. Roberta Kaplow is a clinical nurse specialist at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA. She has co-authored three books and numerous book chapters and articles in critical care and oncology. She has served on the AACN Board of Directors and AACN Certification Corporation Board of Directors. She has served on the editorial board of Applied Nursing Research and reviews for many journal focused on critical care, oncology, research, and medical/surgical nursing. Her Ph.D. is from New York University. She is certified as a Critical Care Nurse, Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Adult Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist. She has taught in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. She has also Director of the Oncology/Immunology Master’s Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist program at the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing of Emory University.
Recommended Books For You
Manual of Perioperative Care in Adult Cardiac Surgery 6th Edition PDF Download Ebook
Loving Someone with Borderline Personality Disorder PDF Download Free
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Clinical Judgment in Critical Care
- Chapter 2: Cardiovascular Anatomy and Physiology
- Chapter 3: Indications for Cardiac Surgery
- Chapter 4: Preoperative Cardiac Surgery Nursing Evaluation
- Chapter 5: Heart Valve Surgery
- Chapter 6: Cardiopulmonary Bypass and Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass
- Chapter 7: Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Chapter 8: Recovery from Anesthesia
- Chapter 9: Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Chapter 10: Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
- Chapter 11: Mechanical Ventilation after Cardiac Surgery
- Chapter 12: Pharmacologic Support Following Cardiac Surgery
- Chapter 13: Postoperative Complications of Cardiac Surgery and Nursing Interventions
- Chapter 14: Pain Management
- Chapter 15: Postoperative Dysrhythmias
- Chapter 16: Neurologic Complications
- Chapter 17: Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances Following Cardiac Surgery
- Chapter 18: Wound Care
- Chapter 19: Bridge to Transplant and Cardiac Transplantation
- Chapter 20: Post-ICU Care and Other Complications
- Chapter 21: Implications of Obesity of the Cardiac Surgery Patient
- Chapter 22: Cardio genetics
- Chapter 23: Nutritional Issues of the Patient Undergoing Cardiac Surgery
- Chapter 24: Depression, Anxiety, and Spirituality among Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery
- Chapter 25: Rehabilitation and Care of the Cardiac Surgery Patient
Dimensions and Characters of Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing 3rd Edition PDF
- Publisher : Jones & Bartlett Learning; 3rd edition (May 13, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 602 pages
- International Standard Book Number-10 : 1284154211
- International Standard Book Number-13 : 978-1284154214
- Item Weight : 2.31 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.4 x 1.4 x 9.1 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #32,204 in Books
Download Link 1
July 8, 2019
August 27, 2019
May 31, 2020
February 8, 2020
June 19, 2020
January 18, 2020
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.