This textbook ‘Biochemistry By Satyanarayana PDF’ has become one of the most preferred text books (in India and many other countries) for the students as well as teachers in medical, biological and other allied sciences. The book has undergone three editions, several reprints, and revised reprints in a span of 13 years.
There are many biochemistry textbooks in the market. Some of them are purely basic while others are applied, and there are very few books which cover both these aspects together. For this reason, the students learning biochemistry in their undergraduate courses have to depend on multiple books to acquire a sound knowledge of the subject.
Unique with a simultaneous and equal emphasis on basic and applied aspects of biochemistry. This textbook offers an integration of medical and pure sciences, comprehensively written to meet the curriculum requirements of undergraduate courses in medical, dental, pharmacy, life-sciences and other categories (agriculture, veterinary, etc.).
Designed to develop in students a sustained interest and enthusiasm to learn and develop the concepts in biochemistry in a logical and stepwise manner. It incorporates a variety of pedagogic aids, besides colour illustrations to help the students understand the subject quickly and to the maximum. The summary and biomedical/clinical concepts are intended for a rapid absorption and assimilation of the facts and concepts in biochemistry. The self-assessment exercises will stimulate the students to think rather than merely learn the subject. In addition, these exercises (essays, short notes, fill in the blanks, multiple choice questions) set at different difficulty levels, will cater to the needs of all the categories of learners.
New to This Edition
- The book offers an integration of medical and pure sciences, and is comprehensively written, revised and updated to meet the curriculum requirements of Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Veterinary, Biotechnology, Agricultural Sciences, Life Sciences, and others studying Biochemistry as one of the subjects.
- It is the first text book on Biochemistry in English with multi-colour illustrations by an author from Asia. The use of multicolours is for a clearer understanding of the complicated biochemical reactions.
- It is written in a lucid style with the subject being presented as an engaging story growing from elementary information to the most recent advances, and with theoretical discussions beingsupplemented with illustrations, flowcharts, and tables for easy understanding of Biochemistry.
- It has each chapter beginning with a four-line verse followed by the text, biomedical concepts, a summary, and self-assessment exercises. The lively illustrations and text with appropriate headings and sub-headings in bold type faces facilitate reading path clarity and quick recall.
- It provides the most recent and essential information on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Diabetes, Cancer, Free Radicals, Free radicals and Antioxidants, Prostaglandins, etc.
- It describes a wide variety of case studies and biochemical correlations and several newer biomedical aspects- Metabolic syndrome, Therapeutic diets, Atkins diet, Trans fatty acids, Epigenetics, Nutrigenomics, Recombinant ribozymes, Membrane transport disorders, Pleural fluid etc.
- It contains the basics (Bioorganic and Biophysical Chemistry, Tools of Biochemistry, Immunology, and Genetics) for beginners to learn easily Biochemistry, origins of biochemical words, confusables in Biochemistry, principles of Practical Biochemistry, and Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Biochemistry By Satyanarayana PDF
The Biochemistry by Satyanarayana is one of the most widely used biochemistry book worldwide among medical students during their course years. This book provides all the essential details a biochemist must know in order to understand the reactions and pathways that different diseases and drugs take in the body. It has provided crips and vivid pictures of labelled cycles and their enzymes for better reading experience and is a must read book.
Dr U Satyanarayana is an author and teacher from India. He has been honoured numerous times for his work in the field, with prestigious awards such as the Dr Krishnaswamy best teacher award. He has also received the Outstanding Scientist Worldwide title by the international Biographical Center. He has over 40 years of teaching experience and has written four books, along with over 60 research papers, that have been published in national and international publications. His other books include titles such as Biochemistry by Satyanarayana PDF 4th Edition. Dr U Chakrapani also co-authored this book.
If you are not good at chemistry or biochemistry than this is the perfect book it helped me a lot to understand the topics that were tough for me until now…amazing book and it looks very colorful which makes reading experience fun n interesting.
Great book! Hate chemistry but love biology. Funny right.This book has all the topic illustrated neatly with detailed explanations and pictures.Worth the money. Got 77% in my exam!
- This book has helped me clear up quite a lot of concepts in biochemistry in the first year, though I recommend this book only for revision or if you don’t have much time left for exams.
Table of Contents
Biochemistry By Satyanarayana PDF 4th Edition includes the following sections and chapters:
Chemical Constituents of Life
1 Biomolecules and the cell
4 Proteins and amino acids
5 Nucleic acids and nucleotides
8 Digestion and absorption
9 Plasma proteins
10 Hemoglobin and porphyrins
11 Biological oxidation
12 Introduction to metabolism
13 Metabolism of carbohydrates
14 Metabolism of lipids
15 Metabolism of amino acids
16 Integration of metabolism
17 Metabolism of nucleotides
18 Mineral metabolism
Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition
20 Organ function tests
21 Water, electrolyte and acid-base balance
22 Tissue proteins and body fluids
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
24 DNA-replication, recombination and repair
25 Transcription and translation
26 Regulation of gene expression
27 Recombinant DNA and biotechnology
28 Human genome project
29 Gene therapy
31 Metabolism of xenobiotics (detoxification)
32 Prostaglandins and related compounds
33 Biological membranes and transport
34 Free radicals and antioxidants
35 Environmental biochemistry
36 Insulin, glucose homeostasis, and diabetes mellitus
38 Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
Basics to Learn Biochemistry
39 Introduction to bioorganic chemistry
40 Overview of biophysical chemistry
41 Tools of biochemistry
Answers to Self-assessment Exercises
i Abbreviations used in this book
ii Origins of important biochemical words
iii Common confusables in biochemistry
iv Practical biochemistry—principles
v Clinical biochemistry laboratory
vi Case studies with biochemical correlations
Dimensions and Characters of Biochemistry By Satyanarayana PDF 4th Edition
- File Size: 50 MBs
- 812 Pages
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Kindle Edition
Download Button for Biochemistry By Satyanarayana PDF 4th Edition
Shown below is a white download button for the file of Biochemistry by Satyanarayana pdf ebook. Click it to start your free download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.