An authoritative guide to the epidemiology, incidence, testing and diagnosis and management of ABC of HIV and AIDS PDF.
From an international expert editor and contributor team, this new sixth edition includes expanded coverage of HIV testing, assessment and routine follow up and new chapters outlining problematic conditions associated with HIV and AIDS. Prevention strategies, early diagnosis, and antiretroviral drugs and pharmacotherapy are covered in detail as well as children and women with HIV. It also addresses key psychological and mental health issues, patient perspectives and the role of patient engagement.
As knowledge into the illness grows and major advances in HIV therapy see more people living with HIV in the community, the ABC of HIV and AIDS PDF, 6e provides clear practical guidance for general practitioners, hospital doctors, nurses, medical students, counsellors, allied health workers and anyone working and caring for patients with HIV and AIDS.
Recommended Books For You
Description of ABC of HIV and AIDS PDF 6th Edition
HIV and AIDS are two names that have widespread roots everywhere nowadays. A few years ago they did not even exist but now are the most deadly threat to mankind due to their rate of spread and easy modes of contact. These to evils also do not have any specific treatment or management which makes them even more harmful and thus require our ultimate attention. The ABC of HIV and AIDS PDF 6th edition will provide every individual with all the basic concepts of these evils and is a must read.
Michael W. Adler, Professor of genitourinary medicine/Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Royal Free and UniversityCollege Medical School, London, UK
Simon G. Edwards, GU/HIV Clinician, Mortimer MarketCentre, London, UK
Robert F. Miller, Reader in Clinical Infection aand honoraryConsultant Physician, Royal Free and University CollegeMedical School, London, UK
Gulshan Sethi, Department of Sexual Health, StThomas’ Hospital, London, UK
Ian G. Williams, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant Physician, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
“An authoritative guide to the epidemiology, incidence, testing and diagnosis and management of HIV and AIDS.” (MedReview, 1 November 2012)
“This excellent new edition has been updated to incorporate developments and current issues in the management of HIV …This edition is highly recommended as the best available overview on HIV and AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome).” (British Journal of Hospital Medicine, 1 August 2012)
- Great book like many of the “ABC” books. However not much help with my essay. Not many details about assessment, related tests or connection to recent guidelines.
- This book is very thin, however, it gives a brief overview of HIV and AIDS and was very useful during my HIV course. I regularly refer to it still in practice. Some points could do with being more in depth, however, gives you the basics to go and research further information about AIDS.
Table of Contents
Listed Below are all the Units and chapters along with their authors in the ABC of HIV and AIDS PDF 6th Edition Ebook
- Contributors vii
- Preface ix
- 1 Development of the Epidemic 1 B. Sultan and M. W. Adler
- 2 Immunology of HIV-1 Infection 6 M. Noursadeghi and D. Pillay
- 3 Viral Assays Used in the Diagnosis and Management of HIV Infection 10 A. M. Geretti and P. Vitiello
- 4 HIV Testing: Strategies to Prevent Late Diagnosis 15 A. Palfreeman and E. Fox
- 5 Clinical Staging and Natural History of Untreated HIV Infection 20 M. Tenant-Flowers and A. Mindel
- 6 Routine Assessment and Follow-up of the Newly Diagnosed HIV-positive Individual 25 L. Waters and D. Asboe
- 7 Tumors in HIV 29 M. Bower
- 8 The Lung and HIV 35 S. Doffman and R. F. Miller
- 9 HIV and Tuberculosis Co-infection 42 F. Perrin, R. Breen and M. Lipman
- 10 The Gut and HIV 48 B. Gazzard and M. Nelson
- 11 Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease 54 R. Gilson and H. Price
- 12 Neurological Manifestations 59 H. Manji and R. F. Miller
- 13 The Eye and HIV 67 C. Younan, W. Lynn and S. Lightman
- 14 The Skin and HIV 72 R. Morris-Jones and E. Higgins
- 15 The Kidney and HIV 78 J. Booth and J. Connolly
- 16 Sexually Transmitted Infections and HIV 83 P. French
- 17 Women and HIV 87 C. Wilkinson and D. Mercey
- 18 HIV Infection in Children 91 P. McMaster and S. Stokes
- 19 Antiretroviral Drugs 97 P. Benn, G. Sethi and I. G. Williams
- 20 Pharmacopoeia of Treatments 101 J. Minton, G. Sethi and S. G. Edwards
- 21 Psychological and Mental Health Issues 108 B. Hedge
- 22 Strategies for Preventing HIV Transmission 114 J. Imrie and G. J. Hart
- 23 Patient and Community Perspective 120 G. Brough and N. Lubega
- 24 The Role of Patient Engagement 123 C. Sandford
- Index 127
Dimensions and Characters of ABC of HIV and AIDS PDF 6th Edition
- 142 Pages
- File Size: 5 MBs
- English Language
- 7-Star Rating
- ABC Series
Download Link for HIV and AIDS PDF 6th Edition
Shown below is a download link for the pdf file of this ebook. Click it to start your free download.
Download Link 1
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected].com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.